16" Unycicle with 1600wh battery

TiagoFigueiredo

Hi there, im fairly new to this forum, but first off congratulations for all the info around, it has been of many great help to me.

I Have a solowheel classic i've been with for years now and im looking to upgrade my machine however larger wheels make it dificult to carry and store for me, so i'm looking for opinions from the kind and more experience people here that can help me choose a 16" inch model that comes with a larger battery with around 1600 wh battery that can hold a larger period or distance range..... (the only model i have seen has been apparently discontinued, the gotway acm16)

any suggestions are very welcomed

Thanks in advance, have a nice week

:)

You're right that the ACM has been more or less discontinued (or rather it was replaced by the Tesla), but now there's the ACM2 which is the ACM but with the Tesla motor and some fans and some other improvements (like better cabling, direly needed).

It does not seem to be available yet, but @Marty Backe ordered one from ewheels unofficially (not listed there), and they're listed at Speedyfeet but the price seems still wrong. Best to write to info@speedyfeet.uk and ask when they are available and what they will cost.

https://www.speedyfeet.co.uk/collections/electric-unicycle/products/gotway-acm2-16-inch-electric-unicycle-1600wh

For big battery needs (more than ~1000Wh), there's little choice:

• 16 inch: Gotway ACM(2) 1300Wh and 1600Wh
  • 18 inch: Gotway msuper V3 1300 or 1600, King Song KS18S with one of the >1000Wh options
  • 22 inch: Gotway Monster 1600Wh or 2400Wh

No other wheels with big capacities exist or are even announced!

Btw. the ACM(2) is not pleasant to carry, heavy and no retractable handle.

7 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Btw. the ACM(2) is not pleasant to carry, heavy and no retractable handle.

On the plus side you do build your biceps. 

@houseofjob I just realized your signature ‘want’ list. So what is your 1st preference NB or KS?

Hey guys thanks for this precious kind info !!!!! 

What is the meaning of the ACM2 1300wh and 1600wh ? Does it relate to speed or battery capacity ?

i know the acm 16 had problems with the poor quality build materials, (and i heard it turned off on high speeds too) so i was wondering if there was any improvement in that ...... i dont wanna put all my money into something that wont last....

as for the weigh id rather have something slower but with higher battery life, if it the same or near range of the kingsong 18 i would be very happy (i believe its something around 60miles)

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

@houseofjob I just realized your signature ‘want’ list. So what is your 1st preference NB or KS?

I’d say the KS18L will be good regardless, while NB has that stain on their launch record from the P, so the KS18L I think. More wait and see for the Z :D

27 minutes ago, TiagoFigueiredo said:

is the meaning of the ACM2 1300wh and 1600wh ? Does it relate to speed or battery capacit

Thats, the battery capacity and so meaning the range!

The 1300wh has a bit lower capacity cells (2900mah cells) then the 1600wh(3500mah cells). But both have the same number of cells (120).

So you just get some km more with the 1600wh version!

Nobody can tell much about the ACM2 because nobody has one yet. Expect it to be like the Tesla quality-wise (= good, unless you have a bad board that blows right at the start).

Maybe you should specify your ideas on how you want to use the wheel, and why you (think you) need big batteries. What's your weight? What ranges would you like to get - 50km, more? I understand a Solowheel Classic has tiny range, but maybe you don't need to go to the other extreme to get what you want. Then there are more options.

Hey again gents and thanks for the kind help from the very kind people around here :D

I weight 70kg, and my plan is to move between cities with my fishing gear (about 1kg) maybe 5kg back home if im lucky eheh, so basically to reach where i want to be, im looking into a 80km (50mile) total with return trip. 

I really would love to know more about this gotway ACM 2 as it seem very mysterious to me no one has ever tried it, Is it just prototye or somethin ? Alternatively i wanna be able to cruise all day around the city if i feel like, cause in the solowheel i can get a max around 2 hours in flat grounds.....

So ultimately this is what it boils down to, i've been advised about the z10, tough and i was told it has a 18" i would rather go with a 16" if there was one, so what are your toughts on this ?

sugestions are very welcomed

44 minutes ago, TiagoFigueiredo said:

I weight 70kg, and my plan is to move between cities with my fishing gear (about 1kg) maybe 5kg back home if im lucky eheh, so basically to reach where i want to be, im looking into a 80km (50mile) total with return trip. 

Inappropriate use of a wheel (help me out here, guys) because an unstable high-speed wheel is the antithesis of "last-mile" solution.

It's "last-mile" not "last 50 miles" solution, and so the idea is to throw a small wheel into your car and use it to make the last mile to your fishing pier.

1 hour ago, LanghamP said:

Inappropriate use of a wheel (help me out here, guys) because an unstable high-speed wheel is the antithesis of "last-mile" solution.

It's "last-mile" not "last 50 miles" solution, and so the idea is to throw a small wheel into your car and use it to make the last mile to your fishing pier.

If one prefers a „last 50 mile“ ride on the wheel in fresh air — why not? For stability at high speeds maybe a 18“ wheel helps — or just reducing the speed and enjoying the enviroment...

Unless you can charge at the destination then a Z10 will not have the range you need for the round trip. 

Why do you feel 18" wheels are more difficult to carry and store? Usually the main benefit would be a weight reduction through a smaller battery but that is one thing you can't compromise on. I would honestly say the benefit of having an 18" wheel for cruising comfort would far outweigh the small increase in size and motor rim weight. Especially when you expect to traverse such a large distance.

The MSuper seems to be smallest mainstream 18" with the capacity you desire although I would personally prefer the KS18S with the option to sit on such a long ride (there is some doubt as to its range however) . I think any 1600Wh wheel is going to be tight for the distance you want to go. You sent want to ride these wheels at lower battery levels of you can help it. 

I think your only realistic solution is a maxed out Monster. Huge battery capacity, a seat,  and a 22" wheel for cruising comfort. You won't be lifting it very far but it is probably the only wheel for your use case. 

Thanks again for the help gents. I do not own a car at this point and yes i do prefer i open air ride as im very near africa and the equatorian line its pretty warm here. 

I and searched about the MSUPER and maybe i really have to go for a 18" option here, however in this site i found there is the GW monster with a battery capacity of 2400 WH !!!!!! is that for real ? If that is real i want to buy that model for sure if maybe there is one with 18" cause 22 " seems very hugeeeee and 30kg it seems super heavy to carry, i wonder if there would be a 18" version of it

here is the site

https://www.ewheels.com/product/new-gotway-msuper-3-18-820wh1600wh/

please give me some more info and help guys much appreciated

Ple

The Monster is only available in 22" and as stated above I think it is the most realistic option for you as it allows seated riding for long distances, however the weight is insane if you need to carry it and you may find yourself needing to do maintenance regularly as GotWay wheels can be unreliable (axle shims on the Monster). Can you easily get parts? Are you technologically inclined? The larger wheel will make the ride much more pleasurable and is safer for higher speed cruising.

The MSuper will probably have the range (with little to spare) but you will be standing the whole way and back. EUC's can be hard on your feet.

I have a EU for 4 years now. I do weekly 35 mile trips (charging in between) and im quite okay with them. I like the idea of sitting down too for the KS18, i think its a nice wheel but i want even more battery if possible for my new one. maybe around 2000WH. I dont wanna do repairs or get parts easily.

I was wondering, someone told me about this new Z10 wheel which is about to come out...... or maybe i should wait for new models of all the brands........

Only the Monster has a capacity over 1600Wh and if you buy a Gotway you must be prepared to do maintenance on it and source parts for repairs.

What is the furthest you need to travel without being able to recharge the wheel? The full 70km? Or just the one way trip of 35km?

The idea was to do the full 70-74 km without charging in order for me to go the beach,  that is my DREAM. 

im assuming the only wheel that can do that right now is the GW Monster right ? Or there are plans for others with the same capacity in the future ? not sure on that parts and repairs issue either, it puts me a bit off, i have a solowheel and i just had to change the tyre once in 4 years....

Its just a big mystery on how manufacturers havent came up with an alternative for the EU GW monster range yet....

If you absolutely cannot get even an hour of charging at your destination then the only wheel I'd want to use for that trip is the GW Monster. It would allow you to make the trip and still have a little left in the battery. You don't want to routinely ride the wheel below 25-30% as the risk of falling greatly increases. As I said it means you can sit down for the journey too but the axle shims are known weak points and you can guarantee you will have to tighten them at some point. Also the shell is considered brittle for the weight of the machine. They have been known to crack when dropped.

The MSuperV3s+ will probably get you there and back but you'd be returning very close to empty when you get home. But no seat to sit on. It is a long ride when you are standing.

The ACM will be like the MSuper but with the added concern of only being a 16" wheel which is less stable at speed for cruising.

The KS18S would allow seated riding but there is some question about if it can go as far as other 1600Wh EUCs. This is the result of a few users reporting lower than expected ranges, but other say they get good ranges. It would be a risk you'd have to take. The KS18S is likely to be the most reliable and robust wheel of all the ones listed here.

You don't seem to have a perfect option. If there is any way to get even a few hours of charging at your destination then I would personally get the KS18S and carry a fast charger with me to give it a boost before returning home. You may find it gets you where you want on a single charge and it is a very reliable wheel with a strong casing.

I don't think I can help anymore. Good luck with your decision.

Cheers much appreciated..... if fact i've ridden the KS18, its very confortable tough i still find it to be with a easy to break shell compared to my virtually indestructible solowheel. 

However range it seems to be the closest to what i need, i could look for a charging point around i guess if there would be no other way for a couple mins charging. 

Now does King Song not think in coming out with a new KS18 model ? I've seen they have out a new smaller (and more reduced battery option) out.....

Yes that seems to be a smaller model, what i need tought is a large battery one......I mean, there isnt plenty of alternatives for the monster or the KS18 out are they ?

I was wondering when can we realisticaly expect these models getting from the manufactures some updates or some competition units ?

Oh by the way, lemme take the chance to pose a question its been in my mind for a while , i read this somewhere on a gotway model and i wanna ask if does this apply to all unycicle models ?

Range:60-80KM (the faster you ride, the shorter range it will take) ?

Im aware of the terrain conditions (wet, muddy), wind speeds and inclination influences of range, but does that mean if you go slower the range will increase ?

cheers

Yes! 

Everything will reduce your range... Riding faster, a good headwind, a slight incline, or even a big lunch. 

If the manufacturers numbers are actual (and not just a guess), they are captured from a 40 pound rider going downhill in a total vacuum. So expect maybe a little less. 

Yes, i suspected that, thats why i like riding slowly.

I found there is a new model out called KS18 S called the KS18 L.............which claims to have 1036WH battery ............... but it has new technology and claiming 100KM range on a full charge

I was wondering, since the KS18 S has 1680 WH battery that means it will have a longer range right ?

i would love to see a comparison between the two in terms of range and battery

Archived