On 22/12/2017 at 7:47 AM, William Lee said:

I know that Inmotion has just launched a new self-balancing electric hoverboard D2. 

Does anyone know something about the Inmoiton's next new electric unicycle? 

What makes you think there is one? If you have more information please let us know.

To the best of my knowledge InMotion are not discussing any new wheels, at least not publicly? As for the D2 that seems to be a pretty bog standard hoverboard with fairly underwhelming specification. Perhaps it is just the result of InMotion’s tie in with Solowheel allowing them access to the Hovertrax patents?

Personally, and this is just my opinion, I think InMotion’s tie in with Solowheel is a big gamble for them and I would seriously doubt they would want to commit large sums to the development of new wheels until they know their chosen future is viable. Of course they may also be committing to manufacturing for Solowheel for example, perhaps, the new Solowheel Iota?

On 2017/12/24 at 6:43 AM, Keith said:

What makes you think there is one? If you have more information please let us know.

To the best of my knowledge InMotion are not discussing any new wheels, at least not publicly? As for the D2 that seems to be a pretty bog standard hoverboard with fairly underwhelming specification. Perhaps it is just the result of InMotion’s tie in with Solowheel allowing them access to the Hovertrax patents?

Personally, and this is just my opinion, I think InMotion’s tie in with Solowheel is a big gamble for them and I would seriously doubt they would want to commit large sums to the development of new wheels until they know their chosen future is viable. Of course they may also be committing to manufacturing for Solowheel for example, perhaps, the new Solowheel Iota?

I don't know much about Inmotion's new unicycle, I am just looking forward to a new one because it has been a long time since they launched their Inmotion V8. 

It could be that they outsourced their development of new wheels to Solowheel.

http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/9126-the-new-solowheel

I am not sure whether this is good news as they haven't done themselves such a bad job in the past at all. The number of obvious design flaws of InMotion wheels is very limited and way smaller than for so many other wheels, IMHO.

4 hours ago, Mono said:

It could be that they outsourced their development of new wheels to Solowheel.

A marrige in heaven!  Solosheel invests in the revered company Inmotion, tweaks the V5F and V8 firmware a bit, throws on a new logo and Presto.... Introducing The Glide 2 and 3!

39309676051_4b12dce31a_b.jpg

38602676414_492e3b03d8_b.jpg

56 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Solosheel buys the revered company Inmotion

How do you know about the buying? I suspect that if there was financial engagement in this process it was coming rather from InMotion than from Solowheel.

On 23/12/2017 at 5:43 PM, Keith said:

InMotion’s tie in with Solowheel is a big gamble for them and I would seriously doubt they would want to commit large sums to the development of new wheels until they know their chosen future is viable.

I'm not sure about this, if anything, the information I've been told from several sources, is that this deal allowed Inmotion to secure more funding. 

17 hours ago, William Lee said:

I don't know much about Inmotion's new unicycle, I am just looking forward to a new one because it has been a long time since they launched their Inmotion V8. 

There's a new version of the V8 in the works (rumour is 3-4+ months). I haven't seen any pictures yet, but judging from specs, it's going to be a worthy contender to compete with the Tesla & KS16S. 

2 hours ago, Mono said:

How do you know about the buying? I suspect that if there was financial engagement in this process it was coming rather from InMotion than from Solowheel.

Since there is some uncertainty I changed a bit of the verbiage on my post. IMHO  I cannot imagine, given the recent interview by Mr. Chen, that he does not have a controlling 51% ownership.

Excerpt from Forbe’s 12/4/17 interview:

Today Chen has a strategic agreement with a single production company where he oversees every aspect of design, production, and packaging of his latest invention, the Solowheel, an electric one-wheeled self-balancing rideable.

I’ve been involved in 5 mergers and acquisitions with my company over the past 20 years (another coming in 2018) and anything less than 51 % is considered piece of toilet paper in the corporate world. I honestly believe that Chen is not going to drop the ball this time and let others take control of his product.

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

I honestly believe that Chen is not going to drop the ball this time and let others take control of his product.

So to put it in picture form, you don't think this is what's happening, even though they're currently just relabeling InMotion wheels?

eW7cgwi.png

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Since there is some uncertainty I changed a bit of the verbiage on my post. IMHO  I cannot imagine, given the recent interview by Mr. Chen, that he does not have a controlling 51% ownership.

I have a hard time to believe that Chen gained any control over the business that InMotion is making in China or Europe.

Jason, I believe, suggests that InMotion attracted third party money by making the Solowheel deal, which doesn't sound like that Solowheel bought InMotion.

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Today Chen has a strategic agreement with a single production company where he oversees every aspect of design, production, and packaging of his latest invention, the Solowheel, an electric one-wheeled self-balancing rideable.

His latest invention? And what exactly is the meaning of "oversee"? Doesn't exactly sound like he is the one and only decision maker in the process.

1 hour ago, Mono said:

I have a hard time to believe that Chen gained any control over the business that InMotion is making in China or Europe.

Jason, I believe, suggests that InMotion attracted third party money by making the Solowheel deal, which doesn't sound like that Solowheel bought InMotion.

His latest invention? And what exactly is the meaning of "oversee"? Doesn't exactly sound like he is the one and only decision maker in the process.

As expected the interview did not disclose confidential contractual details. We may never know.   Here is the full article

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jiawertz/2017/12/04/5-lessons-you-can-learn-from-the-entrepreneur-who-invented-the-hoverboard/#1eaace577cf7

7 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

As expected the interview did not disclose confidential contractual details. We may never know.   Here is the full article

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jiawertz/2017/12/04/5-lessons-you-can-learn-from-the-entrepreneur-who-invented-the-hoverboard/#1eaace577cf7

That was a great read. Thanks for the reference.

I didn't know that he is our Thomas Edison. I'm so misinformed.

I can't wait to get my hands on that 18.8 (that decimal point is important) mph wheel :w00t2:

58 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I can't wait to get my hands on that 18.8 (that decimal point is important) mph wheel :w00t2:

Your welcome. Interestingly Shane mentioned numerous advertising platforms he was pursuing but I do not see any reference in the CES 2018 exhibitor’s guide where either Solowheel or Inmotion are attending. I also do not see Gotway or Kingsong in attendance. 

https://ces18.map your show.com/7_0/exhibitor/exhibitor-list.cfm?export=pdf

OMG the show is mammoth! 

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Interestingly Shane mentioned numerous advertising platforms he was pursuing but I do not see any reference in the CES 2018 exhibitor’s guide where either Solowheel or Inmotion are attending. I also do not see Gotway or Kingsong in attendance.

I've heard eWheels.com have a booth in the Sands G hall, 53358-53360. If there's any forum members planning on attending, feel free to drop by, bring your own booth babe(s), we'll have a bunch of Wheels to try out, until Health & Safety threaten to shut us down... :P

1 hour ago, Jason McNeil said:

I've heard eWheels.com have a booth in the Sands G hall, 53358-53360. If there's any forum members planning on attending, feel free to drop by, bring your own booth babe(s), we'll have a bunch of Wheels to try out, until Health & Safety threaten to shut us down... :P

That is awesome!!! God it would be fun to fly out there!

Do you rent your display? I have a 10x 20 x 8 foot display that was only used 4Xs in 1999. It’s yours if interested. PM me. 

On 12/26/2017 at 8:28 PM, Marty Backe said:

And I've definitely never achieved 31 miles from my V8!

On 12/26/2017 at 3:56 PM, Jason McNeil said:

I'm not sure about this, if anything, the information I've been told from several sources, is that this deal allowed Inmotion to secure more funding. 

There's a new version of the V8 in the works (rumour is 3-4+ months). I haven't seen any pictures yet, but judging from specs, it's going to be a worthy contender to compete with the Tesla & KS16S. 

Seems like Solowheel have reduced their prices on the Glide 3 as well. It's $999 on their site.

edit: I'm way behind the times here, this has already been posted on the Solowheel subforum.

On December 23, 2017 at 2:43 PM, Keith said:

Inmotion makes One-wheel skateboards too, and their hoverboards are available on the Brookstone catalog and their mall stores as well, so there is some sort of American National distribution pipeline that SoloWheel would get access to. It is much easier to innovate product lines in a chinese factory right now. Solowheel may have a winning formula if Inmotion is properly positioned to start pushing more EUCs off the drawing boards and onto the product line. 

I was also teased by their Customer service agent for Inmotion that I would really like what they have in store for 2018 with regards to a new EUC. Solowheel is moving out of Seattle and to San Diego, which I think is terrific! Seattle's skyline is way too low and cloudy for positive outlooks. It would be like Disney opening an outdoor theme park in Glasgow and calling it the cheeriest place on earth. Disney needs California and Florida sunshine to operate, and so do EUC outlets in America. I hope they get the point that we like a lot of range on our vehicles too. It is "where the deer and the antelope play" ya know?

I'm guessing a new version of the V8 will not be backwards compatible with the previous version, but it would be cool if they released a bigger battery pack that could be retro-fitted to the old model.  I could care less about a bigger, stronger motor. 

Archived