FOOT PAIN AND BURN

Noam Elad

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

If you wish... But actually I'm going for "Batman" at the moment. :ph34r: (See the photo thread) :D

(and your profile picture) Great video  demonstration ,  having a slider for adjustment it looks so easy to set and change the pedal angle.

1 minute ago, steve454 said:

(and your profile picture) Great video  demonstration ,  having a slider for adjustment it looks so easy to set and change the pedal angle.

The video is actually from Speedyfeet. Oddly I saw it this morning and then this topic came up.

My feet ache pretty fast due to a connective tissue syndrome. My solution has been:

1. Shoes. Low motorcycle shoes or half length boots, large enough to fit two thick well cushioned insoles (one flat and one contoured, no silicone gel). The shoes must feel like you would be on cloud 9 all day with them. Skateboarding shoes or hiking boots should work well too.
  2. Foot position. Put the back edge of the shoe at the back edge of the pedals, and adjust if necessary.
  3. Move your feet during riding. Curl your toes, lift the ball of foot, lift the heel (be careful!). Left foot - right foot - ... etc.
  4. Device calibration. A balance between comfort (forward tilt) and safety for emergency breaking (backward tilt).
  5. Shock absorbers. I managed to install a shock absorbing system on the pedals of my KS-16S. Some EUCs might not have a place to do that though. This mostly helps knee pain and tired legs, but helped with feet issues as well.

I can now ride the battery empty (40km) without breaks, in the beginning it was just 5km.

Just to report back, I changed the pedal angle on my V8 from +2 (somewhat tilted back) to -1 (slightly tilted forward).  I'm just back from a 10-mile ride and my feet were noticeably more comfortable on this setting.  So yes, if you can adjust the pedal angle on your wheel, definitely play around with that.  Makes a big difference.

16 hours ago, mrelwood said:

My feet ache pretty fast due to a connective tissue syndrome. My solution has been:

1. Shoes. Low motorcycle shoes or half length boots, large enough to fit two thick well cushioned insoles (one flat and one contoured, no silicone gel). The shoes must feel like you would be on cloud 9 all day with them. Skateboarding shoes or hiking boots should work well too.
  2. Foot position. Put the back edge of the shoe at the back edge of the pedals, and adjust if necessary.
  3. Move your feet during riding. Curl your toes, lift the ball of foot, lift the heel (be careful!). Left foot - right foot - ... etc.
  4. Device calibration. A balance between comfort (forward tilt) and safety for emergency breaking (backward tilt).
  5. Shock absorbers. I managed to install a shock absorbing system on the pedals of my KS-16S. Some EUCs might not have a place to do that though. This mostly helps knee pain and tired legs, but helped with feet issues as well.

I can now ride the battery empty (40km) without breaks, in the beginning it was just 5km.

5. can you give me an exmple of this system?

As to foot pain, my experience has been that I got foot pain in the beginning because subconsciously I was afraid of falling off the wheel, and I was trying to grip the wheel pedal with my foot instead of just riding.  I figured out that this is what it was because over time, I stopped having that pain, and then it appeared again for a while each time i have fallen off.  Significantly, the shoes I wear while riding have had a huge impact on removing that pain.  Old worn out soles = pain.  Mountain boots with aggressive highly grippy tread = no pain.

The foot fatigue is a different discomfort that, as Marty has predicted, is fading with conditioning.

Just my 2c.

• 4 months later...

i know im late i have very fallen arches almost flat. and my feet sometimes hurt as damn other times it can be not as bad

but one thing that helped was setting it to soft mode and calibrating the pedals about 2 degrees tilted foward

and it helps a lot. acceleration also doesnt feel so hard anymore

braking is actually also easier since its just making the wheel level with your feet

so its a win win ;) 

Archived