FOOT PAIN AND BURN

Noam Elad

21 hours ago, Noam Elad said:

after i start to ride i feel an unplesnt pain and burn in my foot, i can deal with the feeling but it pretty annoying. any recommendation to make it stop?

You are a wheel newbie, right?

The unpleasant Feeling goes away after you get more experienced and over time it will disappear completly.

That "feet pain" is totally normal for beginners...Dont worry to much!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ride almost solely with hiking boots, and with "correct" foot positioning (which I guess probably depends on the anatomy of your foot and the pedals, and likely is something that you can discover just by trying different positions), can go for very long rides without having to stop and without pain. I did do a few short rides with sneakers this past summer, and at least in my case, it becomes painful pretty fast. 

For me, I found the suitable foot positioning pretty much "automatically" over time, just ride enough and you'll find it sooner or later. I do stand forwards on the pedals, so that the the toe-part of the boots is over the front of the pedal, but not as far as kasenutty's image above shows. :P  Usually my toes point a bit outwards, like in C -option in below picture, but maybe not that much:

foot-positions.png

The grip on the newer KS's pedals makes it harder to shift your feet on the pedals while riding (at least for me it was, as I had accustomed to only lightening one foot a bit and dragging it on the pedal with the less grippy FW-pedals), but it's a useful skill so you don't have to stop to adjust your feet. Over time, you'll learn to get the correct foot-position from the get-go, at least most of the time.

1 hour ago, kasenutty said:

"So that the heels align with the center of your wheel. 

I think this is the part that has me confused. 

Oh cmon... just trying to help here. Sorry I more ment the center of your ankle align with the center of your wheel. And yes a bit of the front of my feet are unsupported that way. So in your drawing a little bit further back. But not placing the foot equally across the paddle. It helps me.. maybe you too...

2 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

You are a wheel newbie, right?

The unpleasant Feeling goes away after you get more experienced and over time it will disappear completly.

That "feet pain" is totally normal for beginners...Dont worry to much!

so i just need to keep training?

I'm sorry for teasing, Noam. There are LOTS of threads on here from beginners with foot pain. It is something everyone goes through, even seasoned pros. We have all gone through it, and the solutions are all the same.

Here are the only answers:

Try different shoes

Use different foot placement

Stop and have a break

4 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

I'm sorry for teasing, Noam. There are LOTS of threads on here from beginners with foot pain. It is something everyone goes through, even seasoned pros. We have all gone through it, and the solutions are all the same.

Here are the only answers:

Try different shoes

Use different foot placement

Stop and have a break

i tried to find some threads about this problem and i didnt found...
ty.

17 minutes ago, Noam Elad said:

guys, i dont have any muscle pain, i have a "burning feet" pain.the burning feeling is all over my feet , maybe the type of shoe is the problem? i ride with blundstone.

Oh, that.

That's caused by too-tight shoes which is normally not a problem as when you walk you release the pressure on the lifted foot. You can tell your shoes are too tight if you estimate you can't put a finger between your feet and the shoes.

You need wider shoes.

Okay, this is a really dumb question but I'm going to ask it anyway.  I can adjust the pedal angle on my V8 at zero or at an angle greater than or less than zero.  If I want the pedals to tilt more forward, would I change the pedal angle in the positive or negative direction?

Just now, radial said:

Okay, this is a really dumb question but I'm going to ask it anyway.  I can adjust the pedal angle on my V8 at zero or at an angle greater than or less than zero.  If I want the pedals to tilt more forward, would I change the pedal angle in the positive or negative direction?

Doesn't the slider work in real-time, that is, when you release the slider the wheel immedietly goes to the new angle?

9 minutes ago, radial said:

I don't know, never tried that.  Will give it a try now.

Yep, that's how it works.  Pushing the slider in the - direction (to the left) tilts the pedals forward, pushing it in the + direction (rightwards) tilts them backwards.  Thanks!

Archived