Iwant to travel thousand of miles by unicyle

253848493@qq.com

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering the base range of the ks18s (150-160 km/~95 mi, right?) , I'd reiterate what someone else suggested: Rather than try to rig an external battery, just plan charging stops that are within the wheel's range. Your own body will need food and rest long before your wheel runs down. A fast charger will do much more for you than an extra battery.

22 minutes ago, Pyrolupus said:

Considering the base range of the ks18s (150-160 km/~95 mi, right?) , I'd reiterate what someone else suggested: Rather than try to rig an external battery, just plan charging stops that are within the wheel's range. Your own body will need food and rest long before your wheel runs down. A fast charger will do much more for you than an extra battery.

some one said that kingsong 18s can only use 5A charger at most. Too larger charger may ruin the unicyle. I don't know whether his words were correct or not.

16 minutes ago, 253848493@qq.com said:

some one said that kingsong 18s can only use 5A charger at most. Too larger charger may ruin the unicyle. I don't know whether his words were correct or not.

Use a fast charger that has adjustable amperage, and then be as risky as you dare.

1 hour ago, 253848493@qq.com said:

I would say that 5A is a fast charger. I believe it ships with a 2A charger. (I just checked: King Song does indeed ship it with a 2A charger.)

5 hours ago, zlymex said:

Is that so? My old IPS T260 works that way too but I bypass that in two ways:
one is to turn the power on then plug-in the external pack. if that is not working for 18S then
two is to build an extra socket that directly parallel it to the internal battery.

One of the first interesting things I noticed about my 14S. When it's charging the wheel does not self-balance. I thought that was odd, but it doesn't bother me.

4 hours ago, 253848493@qq.com said:

YES.....dont go higher!!!

ALL wheels i know (GW, KS, etc etc) can NOT go higher as about 5-6 Amp without adjusting/implementing new wires!!!

5 Amp is allready fast charging!

3 hours ago, LanghamP said:

Use a fast charger that has adjustable amperage, and then be as risky as you dare.

Do you want him to destroy the wheel? :-)

21 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

One of the first interesting things I noticed about my 14S. When it's charging the wheel does not self-balance. I thought that was odd, but it doesn't bother me.

Yip!

the chargeport of the S series goes onto the board.....not to the batteries itself.

Then the board is connected to all batteriepacks by 3! (not 4) wires, which do charging AND Powering in One.

Thats a safety installement on the (now) true parallel installed batteriepacks on the S series.

51 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Do you want him to destroy the wheel? :-)

I can't imagine him charging (and destroying) a wheel being more dangerous than him actually riding it.

On 9/5/2017 at 2:26 PM, 253848493@qq.com said:

thank you for your suggestion. My thought seems childish.

That wasn't childish at all! It's a cool idea! It's harder in USA compared to some countries, but you just need to do research to plan the best route.

13 minutes ago, MaxLinux said:

That wasn't childish at all! It's a cool idea! It's harder in USA compared to some countries, but you just need to do research to plan the best route.

Yes, it is a cool idea.

When I rode motorcycles, I thought of doing a circumference of the USA.  Then proceed to South America.

Time passed.

Maybe, just maybe.

Inspire me.

On 9/5/2017 at 0:23 PM, 253848493@qq.com said:

I have two king 18's: kingsong 18A and Kingsong 18S. I wish somebody can help me to loosen off the battery from my old kingsong 18A, and make an additional battery package, which can be placed in my bag. Then My battery will be 1360+1680 =3040wh. Then I can travel by new kingsong 18S around the United States.

That much battery is too heavy.  

13 hours ago, 253848493@qq.com said:

Running our of electricity is worse than heaviness.

Please read my Posts before and DO NOT TRY  to connect the Batterie packages you have from your 18a...for chargeport use on the 18S!

Like i have written it is not that easy on the new "S" series, and as handling with paralleling Batterie packs can get quite dangerous, you Need a good amount of knowledge before you can have a solution on a DIY basis

3 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Please read my Posts before and DO NOT TRY  to connect the Batterie packages you have from your 18a...for chargeport use on the 18S!

Like i have written it is not that easy on the new "S" series, and as handling with paralleling Batterie packs can get quite dangerous, you Need a good amount of knowledge before you can have a solution on a DIY basis

I have given up this idea for it is beyond my ability. Thank you for your precious suggestion.

Hello  253848493@qq.com,

These french guys went on EUC from paris to Amsterdam, they did it in 5 days.

Hansolo posted 6 video's of this trip, so you can get an idea how it will be to do this ( i think ).

They dit about 120 km a day, they used fast chargers of 5a .

They  did not al have 1600wh battery's, if i'm right.

But during a rest and meal the wheels where charing with fast charger.

During the night you can charge on a normal charger.

Just give yourself some time to see the videos of Hansolo.

These french guys show you can ride a EUC for big distances.

And YES, europe is very different then the USA to do this.

Because there are a lot of cycle paths around.

But if you have good and detailed maps, i think it must be possible there to.

The link below is also from a french guy that dit a few very long trips on EUC ( also Africa if i'm right ).

The only problem is that it is al spoken in french, but you can get an idea.

If you prepar yourself good, and search for a lot and good information it is not impossible, like the video's show.

https://www.youtube.com/user/slooogh/videos

6 minutes ago, gotmotion2016 said:

Hello  253848493@qq.com,

These french guys went on EUC from paris to Amsterdam, they did it in 5 days.

Hansolo posted 6 video's of this trip, so you can get an idea how it will be to do this ( i think ).

They dit about 120 km a day, they used fast chargers of 5a .

They  did not al have 1600wh battery's, if i'm right.

But during a rest and meal the wheels where charing with fast charger.

During the night you can charge on a normal charger.

Just give yourself some time to see the videos of Hansolo.

These french guys show you can ride a EUC for big distances.

And YES, europe is very different then the USA to do this.

Because there are a lot of cycle paths around.

But if you have good and detailed maps, i think it must be possible there to.

The link below is also from a french guy that dit a few very long trips on EUC ( also Africa if i'm right ).

The only problem is that it is al spoken in french, but you can get an idea.

If you prepar yourself good, and search for a lot and good information it is not impossible, like the video's show.

https://www.youtube.com/user/slooogh/videos

thank you very much. And I am thinking about buying a 5A charger and a hammock. 120 kilometers is not a problem, i think. I can ride 80 kilometers, then have lunch and rest on my hammock for 3 hours while ks 18 is charged.

• 4 months later...

I've done some route planning and researched other USA coast to coast trips. Lots of bike, rollerblade, running, & scooter, crossings so far. Very doable on a wheel. 

I have ideas for both supported and unsupported attempts. Could be done under 30 days on many stock wheels.

Would any manufactures / dealers be up for sponsoring such a trip?

Who wants to be the first to cross the USA by wheel? I do.

On February 4, 2018 at 12:14 PM, Trucktent said:

Who wants to be the first to cross the USA by wheel? I do.

Edited 3 minutes ago by Trucktent

I Totally would want to do it. I would also like to set up some meeting points where we can have group support rides across cities with other riders. Who has the time to try this late Spring, since any later will require night riding across the southwest. We will need a service truck to recharge the EUCs and meet us at certain checkpoints.

I am going to do a long distance test this weekend and see what my KS18s 1680wh can accomplish. So who else is in? We can start with cross state journeys and build excitement from there. :dribble:

14 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

I Totally would want to do it. I would also like to set up some meeting points where we can have group support rides across cities with other riders. Who has the time to try this late Spring, since any later will require night riding across the southwest. We will need a service truck to recharge the EUCs and meet us at certain checkpoints.

I am going to do a long distance test this weekend and see what my KS18s 1680wh can accomplish. So who else is in? We can start with cross state journeys and build excitement from there. :dribble:

Unfortunately I have to work ...

Archived