Jump to content

I just got my Msuper V3s+ today! Surprised by the look!


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

Man...how long are you riding now?

In shortest time you build up a GREAT Euc collection :-) 5 wheels now, or?

But as we all know, for a Gotway, you need a backup, at least one, or @Marty Backe ? ;-)

 

No, serious: Great choice! if i would have the money easily....i would pick up a ACM/MSuper 84Volt, also!

I've been riding for 10 weeks.  I also bought two manual unicycles to learn.  LOL

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unit came with the battery almost depleted.  The included 1.5A charger would take probably 10 hours to charge.  I also notice the charger is really hot after a few hours of charging.  Worrying.  

I took it for a spin, notice the pedals are not level, they are slanted a little forward.  Anyone know if this is normal or do I have to recalibrate it?  After a minute or two of riding, it seems to not bother me as initially.  It is a great wheel!  much more maneuverable than the KS18S.  I can immediately do reverse on it.  Feels solid and very stable!  Now I understand why it is so popular.  Just hope there are no bugs that will kill me since I like to ride pretty fast.  I've asked Jason to ship me the seat accessory.  Will see how it compares to the KS18S in seated position.  The tire valve is very difficult to get to.  I think I need some flex valve stem to pump air into it.  

@Marty Backe, why does yours have white side panels?  It isn't the same batch as mine?  So far liking it a lot!  It might become my favorite wheel.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Unit came with the battery almost depleted.  The included 1.5A charger would take probably 10 hours to charge.  I also notice the charger is really hot after a few hours of charging.  Worrying.  

I took it for a spin, notice the pedals are not level, they are slanted a little forward.  Anyone know if this is normal or do I have to recalibrate it?  After a minute or two of riding, it seems to not bother me as initially.  It is a great wheel!  much more maneuverable than the KS18S.  I can immediately do reverse on it.  Feels solid and very stable!  Now I understand why it is so popular.  Just hope there are no bugs that will kill me since I like to ride pretty fast.  I've asked Jason to ship me the seat accessory.  Will see how it compares to the KS18S in seated position.  The tire valve is very difficult to get to.  I think I need some flex valve stem to pump air into it.  

@Marty Backe, why does yours have white side panels?  It isn't the same batch as mine?  So far liking it a lot!  It might become my favorite wheel.  

I sent you a PM regards the pedal tilt.

Yes, the 84v MSuper is far superior to the KS18. Now you know why :D

The valve is very awkward on the MSuper. You can gingerly pull the valve slightly away from the wheel to allow access for the pump.

I suspect you're not going to like the seat. Since the MSuper has such a low profile compared to the KS18, sitting on it will be uncomfortable at best. But it'll be interesting to hear what you think.

My 84v ACM has white panels. My MSuper is like yours - all black.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I sent you a PM regards the pedal tilt.

Yes, the 84v MSuper is far superior to the KS18. Now you know why :D

The valve is very awkward on the MSuper. You can gingerly pull the valve slightly away from the wheel to allow access for the pump.

I suspect you're not going to like the seat. Since the MSuper has such a low profile compared to the KS18, sitting on it will be uncomfortable at best. But it'll be interesting to hear what you think.

My 84v ACM has white panels. My MSuper is like yours - all black.

weird, my mind is playing tricks on me, I think it saw white for some reason!  just goes to show you your mind sees what it wants to see.  I saw your falling video many times too!  

I have bicycle pumps and they are not going to go on the valve no matter what i do to it.  i need probably a 90 degree valve extension.  nuts!

I see tishawn ride his msuper with the seat on it and ian's quick video on it, seems like they are pretty good on it.  will definitely let you know what i think of it after i get some time on the wheel so i can compare it with the KS18S.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

weird, my mind is playing tricks on me, I think it saw white for some reason!  just goes to show you your mind sees what it wants to see.  I saw your falling video many times too!  

I have bicycle pumps and they are not going to go on the valve no matter what i do to it.  i need probably a 90 degree valve extension.  nuts!

I see tishawn ride his msuper with the seat on it and ian's quick video on it, seems like they are pretty good on it.  will definitely let you know what i think of it after i get some time on the wheel so i can compare it with the KS18S.

Two options for you to consider. If you have a compressor I use this from Harbor Freight and it works perfecting on all of my wheels

image_26751.jpg\

 

And I recently bought this hand pump which also works perfectly

31epLrxLExL.jpg

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just received my MSuperV3s+ last Thursday.  I've put on 74 miles so far and love it. It's SO much more portable than the Monster. It's true how the body has to adjust to the different body contact points from wheel to wheel.

I've noticed something and hope it's not a hint of a larger problem. Last night and this morning, shortly after turning it on, just as I put the second foot on and before I lean forward in earnest, the wheel hiccups.  It's a very brief brown out. Like the wheel is sorting itself out.  It's not a threat to my stabilty, as I'm just gaining balance before taking off. I haven't noticed any other inconsistencies.  Anyone else familiar with this on the MSuper?

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Demian B said:

problem. Last night and this morning, shortly after turning it on, just as I put the second foot on and before I lean forward in earnest, the wheel hiccups.  It's a very brief brown out. Like the wheel is sorting itself out.  It's not a threat to my stabilty, as I'm just gaining balance before taking off. I haven't noticed any other inconsistencies.  Anyone else familiar with this on the MSuper?

Give all Gotway wheels at least 4-5 seconds after powering up! Dont jump to fast on the pedals...

Best is always to make sure that the wheel is balancing by pushing it by hand a bit forward and backup to secure that its working.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll try the hand pushing back and forth first. I always give it more than 5 seconds because I screen cap the Darkness bot screens for my journal before every departure. Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Tilt Gotway wheel forwards or backwards.
  • Turn it on.
  • Move it towards level.
  • It starts balancing as soon as it is mostly level.
  • If you look closely (it's very subtle, look sideways), you see it slowly correcting itself to real level (like a 1 or 2 degrees change) over 2 or 3 seconds.

Maybe if this behavior is disrupted, it does a quick perceived-emergency balance which might be the buckling. Pushing it back and forth makes it move in both directions, so the problem which appears when coming from a one-sided tilt has to be gone then.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:
  • Tilt Gotway wheel forwards or backwards.
  • Turn it on.
  • Move it towards level.
  • It starts balancing as soon as it is mostly level.
  • If you look closely (it's very subtle, look sideways), you see it slowly correcting itself to real level (like a 1 or 2 degrees change) over 2 or 3 seconds.

Maybe if this behavior is disrupted, it does a quick perceived-emergency balance which might be the buckling. Pushing it back and forth makes it move in both directions, so the problem which appears when coming from a one-sided tilt has to be gone then.

Excellent!  I'll try this after work. It may become my pre-flight check. Like I said, all other aspects of the MSuper are super satisfactory (except for the pedals ?). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Demian B said:

I just received my MSuperV3s+ last Thursday.  I've put on 74 miles so far and love it. It's SO much more portable than the Monster. It's true how the body has to adjust to the different body contact points from wheel to wheel.

I've noticed something and hope it's not a hint of a larger problem. Last night and this morning, shortly after turning it on, just as I put the second foot on and before I lean forward in earnest, the wheel hiccups.  It's a very brief brown out. Like the wheel is sorting itself out.  It's not a threat to my stabilty, as I'm just gaining balance before taking off. I haven't noticed any other inconsistencies.  Anyone else familiar with this on the MSuper?

I've never experienced anything like that in any of my Gotway wheels. You actually feel it lose balance for a fraction of a second?

Can you define "shortly".

Also, when this happened did you hear a short double-beep?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Demian B said:

Excellent!  I'll try this after work. It may become my pre-flight check. Like I said, all other aspects of the MSuper are super satisfactory (except for the pedals ?). 

Actually, I think it's more likely than not that your wheel's behavior is totally unrelated to this. But I thought I might mention this as it's the standard starting behavior, so if you step on really quickly you might still be in that time frame with your second foot. It really depends on the timing and details. If you like, try to reproduce your issue, and describe it exactly then.

What do you not like about the pedals? They're the biggest ones of any wheel. And with great grip tape.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I've never experienced anything like that in any of my Gotway wheels. You actually feel it lose balance for a fraction of a second?

Can you define "shortly".

Also, when this happened did you hear a short double-beep?

It feels like a loss of power that's so brief (fraction of a second) that it doesn't jeopardize my stability but is unsettling.

 

So, my general practice is to turn on the wheel with one hand as I hold the handle with the other. I then stand over it, gently holding it between my legs. Then I turn on the DarknessBot app and take screenshots of the 3 pages on the dashboard. Last, I turn on the light, put my right foot on the pedal, hop my left foot on and lean forward slowly.  It's just after I hop my left foot on and I've just started moving forward when this odd behavior has happened. It's about 20 seconds from the time I turn it on to when I have both feet on the pedals to take off. 

 

I've never heard a short double beep during this. 

Edited by Demian B
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Actually, I think it's more likely than not that your wheel's behavior is totally unrelated to this. But I thought I might mention this as it's the standard starting behavior, so if you step on really quickly you might still be in that time frame with your second foot. It really depends on the timing and details. If you like, try to reproduce your issue, and describe it exactly then.

What do you not like about the pedals? They're the biggest ones of any wheel. And with great grip tape.

I will try to reproduce this behavior today.

 

The MSuper pedals are great. It's just that the right pedal would not go down all the way, right out of the box. The pedal and it's mount would hit before it was fully deployed. I took my Dremel to it and made more clearance. It still sticks when I try to fold it back up, but I bet this will improve over time. 

Edited by Demian B
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

 

And I recently bought this hand pump which also works perfectly

31epLrxLExL.jpg

Whoa whoa, back up here a second, punk.

This handpump works, alone, to pump up the MSuper? You can get the pump on the valve?

Lol hurry up and answer I've got that in my Amazon basket!!

Edited by LanghamP
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I found this digital + pump all in one. Notice that it has a pressure release valve which means you do not lose air when unscrewing the hose. 

Lezyne Digital Pressure Drive Bike Pump, Black, One Size https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JKA39YE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_IkJEzb4KD5VRT

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LanghamP said:

Whoa whoa, back up here a second, punk.

This handpump works, alone, to pump up the MSuper? You can get the pump on the valve?

Lol hurry up and answer I've got that in my Amazon basket!!

The hand pump will fill all my tires. The problem with the MSuper is the horrible access (or non-access) that Gotway provided. If you have a good 90 degree elbow attachment (I don't) then you can attach the pump. Otherwise the handpump is too big to reach in there.

My handpump is for the back pack in case I get a flat on the road.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

And I recently bought this hand pump which also works perfectly

31epLrxLExL.jpg

I have the Lezyne floor pump (~$40) ...  I'm a big fan of Lezyne's products and highly recommend them (unless you happen to have a compressor like @Marty Backe).  I'd also recommend Slime and a pressure indicator cap (perhaps ~40psi for the MSuper).

 

Edited by Chris Westland
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

The hand pump will fill all my tires. The problem with the MSuper is the horrible access (or non-access) that Gotway provided. If you have a good 90 degree elbow attachment (I don't) then you can attach the pump. Otherwise the handpump is too big to reach in there.

My handpump is for the back pack in case I get a flat on the road.

Can the hose from your Lezyne be screwed into the MSuper valve? Like...is it possible? Even if it's hard.

I have no pump that comes even close to working but I do have a hose extender that works on the MSuper, the problem is that during the process of unscrewing the hose causes the tire to lose air. I do over pressurize which can't be good for the tire...

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

Can the hose from your Lezyne be screwed into the MSuper valve? Like...is it possible? Even if it's hard.

I have no pump that comes even close to working but I do have a hose extender that works on the MSuper, the problem is that during the process of unscrewing the hose causes the tire to lose air. I do over pressurize which can't be good for the tire...

I actually just tried it to my utter frustration. If the tire is flat there is 'just' enough flex to attach the Lezyne hose and fill the tire to 2/3rd's pressure. It would work if I was on the street and needed just enough to get going.

I'm searching for a flexible extension hose right now. The Lezyne works great on my ACM tire.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Demian B said:

It feels like a loss of power that's so brief (fraction of a second) that it doesn't jeopardize my stability but is unsettling.

 

You might want to double check with your seller to see what they think as likely they would have heard other reports of this happening or any problems regarding it.  If it is okay with them you also might want to open up the side panel and check all the connections and connectors are sound especially the hall sensor cables as I think @Noillek encountered some QA issues with one of this wire connectors being loose.  They seem to like using PC type connectors which aren't really all that heavy duty and slather the silicone all over hoping it will all hold together.

 

 

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, LanghamP said:

Whoa whoa, back up here a second, punk.

This handpump works, alone, to pump up the MSuper? You can get the pump on the valve?

Lol hurry up and answer I've got that in my Amazon basket!!

An update. I went to Auto-Zone and bought this Slime product for $5

20332_860x41510.jpg

 

It actually works rather well. You screw the pump hose onto this adapter and then you just have to get this partially on the stem, lock the lever, and pump away. I'm going to use this on all my tires because when you loosen the lever the hose is instantly disconnected and you don't lose any air.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Demian B said:

It feels like a loss of power that's so brief (fraction of a second) that it doesn't jeopardize my stability but is unsettling.

 

So, my general practice is to turn on the wheel with one hand as I hold the handle with the other. I then stand over it, gently holding it between my legs. Then I turn on the DarknessBot app and take screenshots of the 3 pages on the dashboard. Last, I turn on the light, put my right foot on the pedal, hop my left foot on and lean forward slowly.  It's just after I hop my left foot on and I've just started moving forward when this odd behavior has happened. It's about 20 seconds from the time I turn it on to when I have both feet on the pedals to take off. 

 

I've never heard a short double beep during this. 

Your symptoms would have me worried. I've never experienced any lose of balancing like you describe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...