I just got my Msuper V3s+ today! Surprised by the look!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Demian B said:

I just received my MSuperV3s+ last Thursday.  I've put on 74 miles so far and love it. It's SO much more portable than the Monster. It's true how the body has to adjust to the different body contact points from wheel to wheel.

I've noticed something and hope it's not a hint of a larger problem. Last night and this morning, shortly after turning it on, just as I put the second foot on and before I lean forward in earnest, the wheel hiccups.  It's a very brief brown out. Like the wheel is sorting itself out.  It's not a threat to my stabilty, as I'm just gaining balance before taking off. I haven't noticed any other inconsistencies.  Anyone else familiar with this on the MSuper?

I tried to duplicate this behavior in my MSuper with no success.

On 7/26/2017 at 11:58 PM, Marty Backe said:

Two options for you to consider. If you have a compressor I use this from Harbor Freight and it works perfecting on all of my wheels

I love https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019FIERRO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mine came with both screw-on and clamp-on hoses. I use a right-angle adapter for my MSuper V2, although my straight extender can be made to work with difficulty.

inflator2.jpg

20 hours ago, Demian B said:

I will try to reproduce this behavior today.

The MSuper pedals are great. It's just that the right pedal would not go down all the way, right out of the box. The pedal and it's mount would hit before it was fully deployed. I took my Dremel to it and made more clearance. It still sticks when I try to fold it back up, but I bet this will improve over time. 

You don't need to do that. My right pedal experienced the same "stickiness" to the point where I had to gently hit it to fold up, and deploying it couldn't quite reach full deployment.

I took it apart, cleaned it, and put this on. Did both pedals.

Mag 1 720 Red High-Temp Disc Brake Wheel Bearing Grease - 1 lb. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0077K8WJC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_fHFwdxAikC3rf

The pedal is actually really well made, as in it fits precisely. It now makes makes no noise, and goes up and down soooo smoothly.

I'll take apart my KS16S pedals this weekend; I suspect people's magnetic modification is done because those pedals aren't greased either.

50 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

You don't need to do that. My right pedal experienced the same "stickiness" to the point where I had to gently hit it to fold up, and deploying it couldn't quite reach full deployment.

I took it apart, cleaned it, and put this on. Did both pedals.

Mag 1 720 Red High-Temp Disc Brake Wheel Bearing Grease - 1 lb. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0077K8WJC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_fHFwdxAikC3rf

The pedal is actually really well made, as in it fits precisely. It now makes makes no noise, and goes up and down soooo smoothly.

I'll take apart my KS16S pedals this weekend; I suspect people's magnetic modification is done because those pedals aren't greased either.

My pedals are still a little stuck even after the magnetic DIY.  It is almost like the rod is bent a little.  I don't think it has to do with lube. That is the only thing I hate about the King Song, the pedals are not magnetic. 

5 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

My pedals are still a little stuck even after the magnetic DIY.  It is almost like the rod is bent a little.  I don't think it has to do with lube. That is the only thing I hate about the King Song, the pedals are not magnetic. 

Did you grease the rod? The whole rod through the pedal is a plain bearing, and hence running a fingernail over it would expose wear marks caused by the <non-lubricated> parts.

My Gotway and Inmotion pedals were significantly easier once greased.

I bought some valve extensions and it still was a pain to pump it up.  Man this is either a design flaw or something.  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XYLK7QX

I was also able to ride the MSuper a bit today around my neighborhood.  I move the tilt back up to 35km/h.  I don't understand the app... I set it to powerful mode and it doesn't stay there.  Every time I turn the unit off and reconnect the settings are lost.  Is this a bug?

I also noticed that it is a little more difficult to stand on because the body is so wide.  It isn't as comfortable as the KS18S.  Now I get what Ian was talking about, reconditioning pain in my shin from where the pad was pushing at my leg.  I'm going to try to ride again with my foot moved further out on the pedal next time.  The thickness of the unit does force you to be a little more bowlegged than normal.  

Also, anyone know what the alarm setting is supposed to be? I keep on getting the beep beep sound when I ride.  It is good for warning people, but it gets old fast!  I'm going to take the tilt back up to 40km/h next time I ride.  I think that is my scary comfortable limit.  Now that I've taken it through some rough stuff and it hasn't failed, going to up the limit.  LOL

33 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

I don't understand the app... I set it to powerful mode and it doesn't stay there.  Every time I turn the unit off and reconnect the settings are lost.  Is this a bug?

The Chinese (as well as the rest of Asia) generally prefer Android, hence what little resources Gotway has for mobile app development goes to Android (more updated versions, etc.). 

That's a well known bug on the iOS version that hasn't been fixed since the release of the iOS version.

I also noticed that it is a little more difficult to stand on because the body is so wide.  It isn't as comfortable as the KS18S.  Now I get what Ian was talking about, reconditioning pain in my shin from where the pad was pushing at my leg.  I'm going to try to ride again with my foot moved further out on the pedal next time.  The thickness of the unit does force you to be a little more bowlegged than normal.

Had the same experience, even more so with the Monster's thickness, coming from Ninebot / KS18A / iPS Zero / InMotion, but you get used to it.

Also, anyone know what the alarm setting is supposed to be? I keep on getting the beep beep sound when I ride.

Gotway, unlike KingSong, are fixed alarms.

I believe (if I'm remembering correctly), it's:

• 1st alarm: 25km/h; 2 consecutive beeps, on/off
  • 2nd alarm: 30km/h; 3 consecutive beeps, on/off
  • 3rd alarm: 80% power; constant beeps, always on

3 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

I bought some valve extensions and it still was a pain to pump it up.  Man this is either a design flaw or something.  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XYLK7QX

I was also able to ride the MSuper a bit today around my neighborhood.  I move the tilt back up to 35km/h.  I don't understand the app... I set it to powerful mode and it doesn't stay there.  Every time I turn the unit off and reconnect the settings are lost.  Is this a bug?

Also, anyone know what the alarm setting is supposed to be? I keep on getting the beep beep sound when I ride.  It is good for warning people, but it gets old fast!  I'm going to take the tilt back up to 40km/h next time I ride.  I think that is my scary comfortable limit.  Now that I've taken it through some rough stuff and it hasn't failed, going to up the limit.  LOL

Let me know if any of those valve extensions work. I bought a similar one from Amazon but could never get it to work properly.

Do you use a compressor or hand pump. I have solutions in both cases - let me know.

Losing the settings is a well known issue (I guess it's not widely known though). If you use the Android app that is in the Download section of this Forum you won't have those issues. If you don't use Android, buy a cheap $25 Android phone (obviously you don't have to activate it) and use that when you ride.

never hear any alarms on my MSuper unless that battery is extremely low. I disable the 1st and 2nd alarm and turn off tilt-back. If I hear the 3rd alarm then I slow down. This approach has served me well on all of my Gotway wheels over the past year.

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Let me know if any of those valve extensions work. I bought a similar one from Amazon but could never get it to work properly.

Do you use a compressor or hand pump. I have solutions in both cases - let me know.

Losing the settings is a well known issue (I guess it's not widely known though). If you use the Android app that is in the Download section of this Forum you won't have those issues. If you don't use Android, buy a cheap $25 Android phone (obviously you don't have to activate it) and use that when you ride.

never hear any alarms on my MSuper unless that battery is extremely low. I disable the 1st and 2nd alarm and turn off tilt-back. If I hear the 3rd alarm then I slow down. This approach has served me well on all of my Gotway wheels over the past year.

The 45% works, but it is still difficult to get on and off and you lose some air when getting it off so I over pump it to compensate.  I have no idea how much I lose though, but I use the unscientific hand pinch test.  LOL.  I use a hand pump full size. 

Ah, I have a Vizio TV that comes with a Android tablet.  Will use that to fix the setting issue.  

Will try your setting too.

6 hours ago, houseofjob said:

The Chinese (as well as the rest of Asia) generally prefer Android, hence what little resources Gotway has for mobile app development goes to Android (more updated versions, etc.). 

That's a well known bug on the iOS version that hasn't been fixed since the release of the iOS version.

Had the same experience, even more so with the Monster's thickness, coming from Ninebot / KS18A / iPS Zero / InMotion, but you get used to it.

Gotway, unlike KingSong, are fixed alarms.

I believe (if I'm remembering correctly), it's:

• 1st alarm: 25km/h; 2 consecutive beeps, on/off
  • 2nd alarm: 30km/h; 3 consecutive beeps, on/off
  • 3rd alarm: 80% power; constant beeps, always on

There is no conditioning on the King Song's since the padding is tapered at the top.  I think Gotway maybe would want to adopt King Song's padding design.  Should help with the bowlegged thing too, at least on the MSuper.  

5 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

The 45% works, but it is still difficult to get on and off and you lose some air when getting it off so I over pump it to compensate.  I have no idea how much I lose though, but I use the unscientific hand pinch test.  LOL.  I use a hand pump full size. 

Ah, I have a Vizio TV that comes with a Android tablet.  Will use that to fix the setting issue.  

Will try your setting too.

See this recent post by me. I can get this adapter (barely) on the MSuper valve and fill the tire. When I unclamp it there is no lose of air.

13 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

In my opinion this is a design flaw. There is no reason the shell cannot be designed with enough room to easily access the tire valve. Alternatively, I've seen at least one wheel in the past (I cant remember which) that had a little door that flipped up to allow access.

6 minutes ago, MaxLinux said:

Alternatively, I've seen at least one wheel in the past (I cant remember which) that had a little door that flipped up to allow access.

• InMotion V5 (hinged, snap close)
  • InMotion V8 (hinged, snap close)
  • Gotway ACM (screwed-in)

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

See this recent post by me. I can get this adapter (barely) on the MSuper valve and fill the tire. When I unclamp it there is no lose of air.

i dont see that style working on the msuper tire i have.  I have a similar one now and t cant get enough room to lock it

Just now, steve454 said:

160mm Valve Extension@eddiemoy This is what came with my Ninebot, just a straight six inch adapter.  SpeedyfeetUK sells them for about 5 or 6 dollars.

I have that and that is what i use on the other units i have, but it doesn't work on the msuper.  the msuper points towards the hub.

32 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

I have that and that is what i use on the other units i have, but it doesn't work on the msuper.  the msuper points towards the hub.

Oh, I see.  Have you tried letting most of the air out and then the valve stem can be turned a little?

If it were my MSuperV3, I'd professionally cut the lower part of the shell where easy-access would be located, on both sides, ala the KS16.

That way, you have easier access to the tube, plus you would probably be able to separate the motor/wheel from the shell (like KingSong, InMotion, etc.) without de-pedaling, for easier flat fixes, tire swaps.

1 minute ago, houseofjob said:

were my MSuperV3, I'd professionally cut the lower part of the shell where easy-access would be located, on both sides, ala the KS16.

I did exactly this....i cut out a part of the shell on my V3, to get better access to the valve!

23 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

If it were my MSuperV3, I'd professionally cut the lower part of the shell where easy-access would be located, on both sides, ala the KS16.

That way, you have easier access to the tube, plus you would probably be able to separate the motor/wheel from the shell (like KingSong, InMotion, etc.) without de-pedaling, for easier flat fixes, tire swaps.

I'm really tempted to do this but I haven't yet gotten the courage to do so :(

22 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

I did exactly this....i cut out a part of the shell on my V3, to get better access to the valve!

I don't suppose you have a close up picture of what you did???

11 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

That poor pretty shell. Leave it alone!

Seriously, how often do you pump up your tires? Once every few months...

you have no v3, so i guess you dont know what +#}^}* it is to reach the valve ;-)

@Marty Backe....a bit hard to see, but at least a photo:

O2sZUuC.jpg

Does nothing to the v3....you can not see it...and the structure is still totally ok!

It is exactly that bit of room needed to reach the valve better!

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

you have no v3, so i guess you dont know what +#}^}* it is to reach the valve ;-)

@Marty Backe....a bit hard to see, but at least a photo:

O2sZUuC.jpg

Does nothing to the v3....you can not see it...and the structure is still totally ok!

It is exactly that bit of room needed to reach the valve better!

Thanks @KingSong69. Your picture actually is very helpful. I wasn't sure if I would have to cut into the inner shell to be effective. Looks like I don't have to.

:cheers:

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

That poor pretty shell. Leave it alone!

Seriously, how often do you pump up your tires? Once every few months...

I certainly top of my tires at least once a month, if not more. The MSuper is really a horrible design with regards to the valve access. The only Gotway wheel that I own that has truly great access is the Monster :D

Archived