Statement in favor of gotway for a change

Luiz

5 minutes ago, Carlos E Rodriguez said:

So @Marty Backe when you will buy a GT16?  You know it is like nothing you have!

besides it is a Gotway bloodline. 

I'd like to get a GT16 - I think I may have too many wheels already though :(

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 06/07/2017 at 3:59 PM, Luiz said:

The awesome feel of the msuper was familiar to me since i came from the msuper V2  but the acm is surprisingly growing fast on me . To be honest the  msuper feels too big after riding the acm . I also love acm's lighter weight and agressive aceleration . Actualy i suspect it is faster than the msuper V3 aswell.

Yes the ACM is more fun but the low pedals make it dangerous at higher speeds if you like slaloming. I found that by setting the MSuper S+ (Not mine, it's being shipped to me soon ?) at the medium ride setting, slaloming/carving with it is really great. Not so great for breaking suddenly, though...

33 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Yes you do! If you like fun tech, spend that money on custom-made in-ear monitors from JH Audio or Ultimate Ears. I have the Reference Monitors from Ultimate Ears they're great. ?Otherwise for riding with your wheel I suggest bone conduction headphones. 

I agree with you , msuper is the best for tide turns and slalon . It is a safer and more confortable wheel particulary for long rides but the acm is smaler , lighter and gives you that extra adrenaline hit. I reckon Martin's comparisson between a suv and a sports car was perfect to ilustrate the diference between the two wheels.

Both are awessome wheels.

2 hours ago, Luiz said:

It is a safer and more confortable wheel particulary for long rides but the acm is smaler , lighter and gives you that extra adrenaline hit.

Can you explain why the ACM gives you the adrenaline hit? Because it's lighter so you can more easily do the quick hip turns?

With the msuper you feel more contact with the wheel because the calves are touching the lateral  pads most of the time. On the acm i do not feel the wheel locked between my legs all the time and you feel like flying on the thing sometimes . Also the acelaration of the acm feels more agressive than in the msuper . Due to the biger wheel size the msuper is more stable and absorb better the bumps . This make me feel more safe , relaxed and confortable on the msuper and more alert with the acm.

10 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

One more for the road Marty!!!  As for me I have a brand new strategy: "Honey look what @Jason McNeil sent you to try out!"   :laughbounce2:

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

One more for the road Marty!!!  As for me I have a brand new strategy: "Honey look what @Jason McNeil sent you to try out!"   :laughbounce2:

At least your SO are willing to try riding. Mine looked like she swallowed a whole freshly mashed lemon when I asked her... :D 

13 hours ago, Dingfelder said:

I'm in okay shape and I did buy my dream EUC already.

That is exactly what i am doing .  I lost 1 stone and bought new wheels as a reward and incentive to continue.

Actualy the unicycles are helping my diet . I dont think i am losing many calories while riding but at least the wheels are keeping me away from the sofa and the fridge.

So i gess i am doing a unicycle diet.?

1 hour ago, Scatcat said:

At least your SO are willing to try riding. Mine looked like she swallowed a whole freshly mashed lemon when I asked her... :D 

So Funny! Very descriptive!

P2xrFs0.jpg

3 hours ago, Scatcat said:

Yeah, mine too.

But, she has no problem on her mini Segway.  She loves going riding with me on that. 

My hope is that I can eventually get her on my 14C--then I'll buy a KS16S!

i needed ONE year....to get my girlfriend to try the one wheel.

Now she is anle to drive alone, mount without holding....but still in a very early learner state, not driving faster as 10kmh!

But its coming.... :-) and driving together is so much more fun!

1 hour ago, DaveThomasPilot said:

Yeah, mine too.

But, she has no problem on her mini Segway.  She loves going riding with me on that. 

My hope is that I can eventually get her on my 14C--then I'll buy a KS16S!

She rode her new KS 14C once before it went into the lake 2 weeks ago. Her new KS16S ships out Monday from @Jason McNeil.

I am going to give her another lesson on the V8 this weekend. Jason was out of the V8 protective covers. Her KS14C was really protected by the custom silicone cover that I plan to make another one for her new wheel.

She really liked knowing that her new eheel would not get banged up if she dropped it. There is a certain negative psychological aspect when learning to ride. Nobody likes to scratch up their new wheel!  If I can relieve some of that tension then she can just concentrate on developing her balancing and riding skills.

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

i needed ONE year....to get my girlfriend to try the one wheel.

Now she is anle to drive alone, mount without holding....but still in a very early learner state, not driving faster as 10kmh!

But its coming.... :-) and driving together is so much more fun!

Awesome! You should post some photos!

47 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

She rode her new KS 14C once before it went into the lake 2 weeks ago. Her new KS16S ships out Monday from @Jason McNeil.

I like how you got from 14C only a few weeks ago to 16S now:D It's the natural progression of wheeling! (Except for some people who swear on their lighter 14 inch pedestrian weaver wheels.)

Just like to give my vision and experience for this topic.

I must say that i'm one off the happy people with a gotway wheel that works the way it should be ( i think ).

The wheel has a QC stamp off the 7th of march, acm16 1600wh ordered directly by the factory.

Did in 3 months over 1500 km, 1st and 2nd alarm off and the 3rd warns me if needed.

I NEVER ignore the 3rd beep, because i now that will be stupid.

Have the tiltback set on 42 km, because i have enough reserve then and power.

I have to get used to the acm, coming from a V5.

But once i get used to it i can only say, what a great powefull fast an lovely wheel.

If a gotway performs like it should, i think there is no nicer/better wheel.

I can understand now that the acm owners like there wheel so much:thumbup:

It is realy an awesome wheel. I came from msuper V2 and i never thought i would enjoy so much riding the ACM.

The only thing is that my feet hurt more than in the msuper.

I found that using a soft knee protector on my calves improves the acm stability and confort considerably.

Archived