Bought a Ninebot One? Things to do before riding.

Bwuce Wee

I tried the lezyne pump at a local bike shop. It fitted nice but you could not pump up the Kendo? tire of the E ... looked so damn nice ...

havent tried it with a extension valve ot the E+ tire.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried the lezyne pump at a local bike shop. It fitted nice but you could not pump up the Kendo? tire of the E

? What do you mean by this? A "Kendo"?  The Lezyne has a Schrader (=regular car tire) and Presta (= road bike) connection -- is it different on a Ninebot?

yes it should be standard and it should have worked, the bike shop guy was confused too. The thread fitted but it didnt work. 

my old 9b1 E had a Kenda tire, the E+ has a Cheng Shin Tire 

yes it should be standard and it should have worked, the bike shop guy was confused too. The thread fitted but it didnt work. 

my old 9b1 E had a Kenda tire, the E+ has a Cheng Shin Tire 

Is there a great difference in tire? My new E+ has a kenda tire on it, do you have a picture of your other brand tire? 

the CST is a little bit bigger ... 

on the Ninebot Facebook group Mr Weiss posted this idea for the Lezyne Femto Led Lights, which works perfect with the Kenda tires on the E

https://www.facebook.com/Hans.F.Weiss/videos/1114998678513835/ 

not anymore with the E+ & CST tire ... too less space between the black frame and the tire.

min/max pressure 40-50psi / 2.8-3.5bar

IMG_3248.JPG

IMG_3249.JPG

Ah, I see B)  ... you know, the Lezyne tube has the Presta valve on one end, and the Schrader on the other -- perhaps you accidentially tried the Presta valve connector?? :D

the Presta side would not have fitted the Schrader Valve ;) ... so we had the right side of the Lezyne-tube-thing. it screwed in nicely (without 9b1-extension). but no chance to pump although the tire was only around 1.5 bar. - i un&rescrewed it myself after him but no luck ... would have bought it otherwise.

10 minutes later at the gas station there was no problem pumping up the tire.

maybe i check again with the new tire, really loved the small size

This is what I've used with the Firewheel, it runs from the car cigarette lighter-plug. Barely fits under the shell and sometimes had difficulties getting it off without losing half the air in the process, so I have to do it twice :D  http://www.amazon.com/Accutire-MS-5530-Compact-300-Compressor/dp/B00139WO9C

Don't know if it works for Ninebot though, Firewheel shells are tight, but from the pictures I've seen it looks like it could be tighter with Ninebot. 

Does anyone tried to pump the tire without removing the side panel ??? I received a valve extension with my 9b1.

Bleu9mm

depends on your pump, but you can put the extension between the tire and the plastic without opening the Led panel.

the CST is a little bit bigger ... 

not anymore with the E+ & CST tire ... too less space between the black frame and the tire.

What?

Then the speed, (and speed limit) of that ninebot will be higher that the another ones?

Having trouble pairing Nb1e+ to phone. Can anyone help? It's paired but nothing shows on dash etc 

Android or iPhone?  I use 2 different Android phones (GS3 & GS5).  My GS5 has more trouble (like you are describing).  I usually just mess around with it and try different things.  I think what works best is when I exit the App, turn off Bluetooth and try again.  It seems like sometimes it takes a couple of tries.  Also, sometimes when it does work it takes an unreasonable amount of time to show the correct data (like several seconds).  My GS3 with a Custom ROM seems to work every time. 

Guys, 

Getting my Ninebot One E this week.  I was wondering what new owners are advised to do first.  I've seen tips like;

-Charge battery: Red light for effective charging, green light for completed charging or idle with power on.
-Place protection foam stickers, (protect the Ninebot One but also your legs in the beginning)
-Inflate tyres (works at most gas stations without any valve extension)
-Apply grip tape (helps for some, depending on shoes used)
-install app
-update firmware?
-get a ninebot one stand

Could you please tell me more? i could adjust the list to make it less of a question and more of a helpful thing for new owners

Thx

Bwuce

buy a few valve extenders from an auto parts store so u can inflate and deflate without the need for taking the panels off. 

Apply the foam padding across the gray leg pads, but don't use the tape ON the gray pads directly as it will peel off the gray parts when u take it off. Run the padding horizontally across the gray pads and use sticky tape attached to the plastic left and right of the gray pads.

You're gonna scuff the he'll out of the thing, so don't think that you won't. :)

Definitely download the app from their website and NOT the Google play store. The one there is old and buggy.

update the firmware via the app before u start practicing as the new firmware alters the behavior slightly.

I suggest tire psi of no more than 30 while learning. 

Time time time time. Practicing and pouring hours into it is the only way you'll get better.

The training wheels were not helpful for learning. They let u actually ride the thing but I personally don't feel that they HELP increase skill.

Riding downhill is a dynamic all its own so include a downhill area in your practice circuit.

That's all I can think of right now.

Does anyone tried to pump the tire without removing the side panel ??? I received a valve extension with my 9b1.

Bleu9mm

yes I have successfully. I had to buy another extension and stack them to make it reachable.

To learn, it will be easier to begin with less pressure. 

How so? Keeping balance should be easier with maximal tire pressure, because balance is kept by turning the wheel to the direction where one begins to get out of balance and turning is easiest with maximal pressure. 

How so? Keeping balance should be easier with maximal tire pressure, because balance is kept by turning the wheel to the direction where one begins to get out of balance and turning is easiest with maximal pressure. 

Balance is kept in several ways, not only turning the wheel. 

With low presure you will have more surface to contact the ground. High presure converts the wheel in a knife edge and more difficult to keep vertical without inclination.

I have learned with low pressure (like the wheel comes from factory). When later I have increased the pressure, I have noticed instability. But anyway, now I prefer high pressure because the turns are easier and I have not problem with balance anymore.

With low presure you will have more surface to contact the ground. 

I don't see how this would help to keep balance in any significant way. The contact surface is flexible, so it doesn't give us any lateral support or stability regardless of its width. Can you give any hint as to why this should be the case? 

We already know that a flat tire doesn't help a lot when we are not moving the wheel: we are not able to keep balance without moving regardless of tire pressure. But why is that? Because balance comes after all from steering the wheel into direction where we are going to fall if we would not steer. That is, we steer the wheel to remain being under our center of mass. This is the same mechanism as for pole balancing, or for driving a bike.

I have learned with low pressure (like the wheel comes from factory). When later I have increased the pressure, I have noticed instability. 

This happens to me more or less each time I change a parameter of the system: it feels less stable at first, because I am not used to it. Here is an explanation for this specific case: with weakly inflated tire you got use to give strong steering input, because turning is more difficult. With inflated tire the steering input you were used to give led to overcorrections and therefore instability, until you got used to tone down your steering movements.

I don't see how this would help to keep balance in any significant way. The contact surface is flexible, so it doesn't give us any lateral support or stability regardless of its width. Can you give any hint as to why this should be the case? 

We already know that a flat tire doesn't help a lot when we are not moving the wheel: we are not able to keep balance without moving regardless of tire pressure. But why is that? Because balance comes after all from steering the wheel into direction where we are going to fall if we would not steer. That is, we steer the wheel to remain being under our center of mass. This is the same mechanism as for pole balancing, or for driving a bike.

Please, look this video about ninebot one pressure.

https://www.speedyfeet.uk/kb_results.asp?ID=24

Please, look this video about ninebot one pressure.

https://www.speedyfeet.uk/kb_results.asp?ID=24

I believe he is plain wrong when he says "there is more surface area so you get more to stand on therefore less balancing required". The added surface area is nothing you can use to keep balance, as it is not stable. I also strongly doubt that he is right when he says "the more responsive it is [...] the harder it is". I think that lack of responsiveness for turning the wheel around its vertical axis is a main obstacle when we start to learn. We could test this hypothesis by experimenting with different surfaces (instead of different pressures). I suggest that a surface where the wheel doesn't stick is easier to get started. 

Archived