KingSong KS14D, First Look (eng sub)

EcoDrift

Thanks for posting this! Seems to have good access to the tire valve like the V5F+ but without lids. The overall look is less like a circle and the bottom cutout is symmetrical to the top. This is a good looking white and silver colored wheel! The pads seem very thin and very hard, not so comfortable but probably very durable. Otherwise familiar shape and position but I think I'd have to put my own pads. The trolley seems sturdy but it looks too short for a fully grown western man or you need monkey arms! Hmm, I use my V5F+ trolley so much, kind of a deal breaker here.. I guess the small 14" shell would need a 3 level telescope handle instead of just 2 level... Hello Kingsong! Can I make it stop saying that? I see 4 little speaker grills for blasting music fun stuff! Hard choice between KS14D and V5F+.

I didn't get english subs by the way.. I'm looking forward to the KS16S hope you can post a video of that!

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/10/2016 at 3:07 AM, nomad said:

The trolley seems sturdy but it looks too short for a fully grown western man or you need monkey arms!

That handle was so short I couldn't help laughing!

Whoops, that was when he had the wheel on the table. I guess he didn't open it completely.

It didn't look funny when he opened the handle again with the wheel on the floor, but still it looked uncomfortably short.

On 10 ноября 2016 г. at 3:07 AM, nomad said:

I see 4 little speaker grills for blasting music fun stuff! Hard choice between KS14D and V5F+.

If i remember correctly Kingsong had confirmed there would only be 2 speakers installed, so chances are, the music wont be loud enough.

overall, i believe this is a very smart and positive move for kimgsong to answer the market demand and streamline their product line, which makes a lot of sense to me now. In any case, a light, hot looking wheel that performs is doomed to be successful

• 1 month later...
On 27/11/2016 at 8:31 PM, Cloud said:

In any case, a light, hot looking wheel that performs is doomed to be successful

Heaving said that, what is the weight?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎.‎01‎.‎2017 at 8:04 PM, One said:

@tinawong So where is the King Song 14D? Lots of promotions, video and pictures but no products to buy. 

Any news on production or shipping? Especially to Europe...? 

You can buy it at

1radwerkstatt.de

or

KS France

or

Gyroroue-shop

or

eroue.fr

or or or

No Problem......

On 28/11/2016 at 6:01 AM, Cloud said:

If i remember correctly Kingsong had confirmed there would only be 2 speakers installed, so chances are, the music wont be loud enough.

overall, i believe this is a very smart and positive move for kimgsong to answer the market demand and streamline their product line, which makes a lot of sense to me now. In any case, a light, hot looking wheel that performs is doomed to be successful

Has 4 speakers, granted the recording level on the mp3 is OK the speakers on the ks14d are fairly loud. .

On 28/11/2016 at 4:07 AM, MaxLinux said:

That handle was so short I couldn't help laughing!

Whoops, that was when he had the wheel on the table. I guess he didn't open it completely.

It didn't look funny when he opened the handle again with the wheel on the floor, but still it looked uncomfortably short.

The trolley is a little short, not ideal for a tall person. It is a 14 tho so there are limits. Overall its the best wheel I have rode and I love mine. Had it a week and a half and I have done 500km already. Absolutely love the ks14d 

42 minutes ago, dalewalker said:

Has 4 speakers, granted the recording level on the mp3 is OK the speakers on the ks14d are fairly loud. .

are you sure about the 4 speakers? It said 4 for KS16, but there is only 2. The handle occupies the room where the speakers are supposed to be and the holes in the chassis are blinded. 

4 hours ago, dalewalker said:

From the disassembly video, speakers look quite small, smaller than in ks14c. How many watts are they? Chances are less than 5w each, and then will be quiter than ks14c. In my opinion, anything quieter than ks14c is not quite loud enough

Wow, that Kingsong looks really well made, but to change the tire tube would be a real hassle.  You know putting it back together takes longer than taking it apart.  I like that Ninebot is easy to take apart, it's well made but not so complicated.  The Kingsong looks overdesigned, like a German car.  Very good performance, but hard to work on.

Still, if I ever get a flat on my Ninebot, I'll pay someone to fix it.  

I like the battery hold downs on the Kingsong, the Ninebot does not have that, the battery can move around a little when hitting bumps.  And there are batteries on both sides, so the wheel is more balanced.   My ninebot is heavier on one side, you get used to it but it would be better to have a more balance wheel.   Also the wiring looks good on the Kingsong, and it has speakers for music, the Ninebot does not have music speakers that I know of.

The lights on the Ninebot can not be seen in the daylight, I think the same is true of any wheel with led lights, but at night they are great.  I don't ride at night so I don't care about the lights, I only look at them to see the amount of charge in the battery, and even that is not necessary, the app shows the amount of charge more precisely anyway.  I think lights on a wheel are only for riding in the dark, useless for me.  That's one thing that turned me off to the Inmotion V8, too many lights, you can't even see them while you are riding, it's only to impress other people who see them and go, hey! that looks pretty cool, think I'll get one of those!

What would be really cool is if the wheel could balance itself and follow you like the Honda motorcycle.  Then you wouldn't need a trolley handle, it can be done, I have seen into the future and it is going to happen:popcorn:

22 hours ago, steve454 said:

What would be really cool is if the wheel could balance itself and follow you like the Honda motorcycle.  Then you wouldn't need a trolley handle, it can be done, I have seen into the future and it is going to happen

I am not so sure how one would precisely do this, but it seems one would need to attach additional mass to the wheel which can be moved by a motor, or something like training wheel(s). I don't think this will happen any time soon on an EUC that is meant to be ridden by a person. 

On 14.1.2017 at 3:08 AM, Cloud said:

From the disassembly video, speakers look quite small, smaller than in ks14c. How many watts are they? Chances are less than 5w each, and then will be quiter than ks14c. In my opinion, anything quieter than ks14c is not quite loud enough

Here is a comparison of the speakers of the KS16 and the KS14:

On 13.1.2017 at 11:49 PM, Henrik Olsen said:

are you sure about the 4 speakers? It said 4 for KS16, but there is only 2. The handle occupies the room where the speakers are supposed to be and the holes in the chassis are blinded. 

Ks14d really has 4 speakers...they are not in the way of the trolley...they are more outside...

from what i have heard...they gave out the best sound of all Ks ever....

On 15.1.2017 at 1:22 AM, steve454 said:

Wow, that Kingsong looks really well made, but to change the tire tube would be a real hassle.  

Thats not quite true...like on all KS it works like this:

get rid of the pedals...

dissasemble all pedal screws on the shell

unplug motor connection 

....and get out the complete motor including tyre....thats it

no need to dissasemlbe the complete hull, board, etc....

there is a KS16 flat tyre video out there which shows whats to do....

On 16 января 2017 г. at 0:00 PM, One said:

Here is a comparison of the speakers of the KS16 and the KS14:

To me the volumes sound about the same from this video. If ks14d has about the same volume as ks16, then its not loud enough, because ks16 is not loud enough - its about half of the volume of ks14C. Of course my perception can be skewed as it is hard to compare e volumes from a recording

On 1/13/2017 at 6:08 PM, Cloud said:

apparently its louder than the ks16, i find myself turning it town when i stop near people so it doesn't bother them. its fairly loud. Can still hear it well doing 30km/h

On 1/14/2017 at 4:22 PM, steve454 said:

Wow, that Kingsong looks really well made, but to change the tire tube would be a real hassle.  You know putting it back together takes longer than taking it apart.  I like that Ninebot is easy to take apart, it's well made but not so complicated.  The Kingsong looks overdesigned, like a German car.  Very good performance, but hard to work on.

Still, if I ever get a flat on my Ninebot, I'll pay someone to fix it.  

I like the battery hold downs on the Kingsong, the Ninebot does not have that, the battery can move around a little when hitting bumps.  And there are batteries on both sides, so the wheel is more balanced.   My ninebot is heavier on one side, you get used to it but it would be better to have a more balance wheel.   Also the wiring looks good on the Kingsong, and it has speakers for music, the Ninebot does not have music speakers that I know of.

The lights on the Ninebot can not be seen in the daylight, I think the same is true of any wheel with led lights, but at night they are great.  I don't ride at night so I don't care about the lights, I only look at them to see the amount of charge in the battery, and even that is not necessary, the app shows the amount of charge more precisely anyway.  I think lights on a wheel are only for riding in the dark, useless for me.  That's one thing that turned me off to the Inmotion V8, too many lights, you can't even see them while you are riding, it's only to impress other people who see them and go, hey! that looks pretty cool, think I'll get one of those!

What would be really cool is if the wheel could balance itself and follow you like the Honda motorcycle.  Then you wouldn't need a trolley handle, it can be done, I have seen into the future and it is going to happen:popcorn:

put slime or some other tube sealant in your tube and you will practically never have to fix a flat tire again

Archived