• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Vik's said:

and 18hr charging....

You could use the fast charger that @Jason McNeil has... It has a 5A rating.... But you would not want to do that all the time because you have hundreds of dollars of batteries in that unit... But you are surely correct about the time it would take to charge it, but for normal riding you would only have to do it once a week and plan ahead, I guess.

I dont feel that there is a need for anything more then 1600wh. I even feel if you dont ride for more then 10-15 miles each time you ride then theres probably no need for anyhting more then a 850wh. just my 2 pennies

1 minute ago, Greg Spalding said:

You could use the fast charger that @Jason McNeil has... It has a 5A rating.... But you would not want to do that all the time because you have hundreds of dollars of batteries in that unit... But you are surely correct about the time it would take to charge it, but for normal riding you would only have to do it once a week and plan ahead, I guess.

Planning is the key, yes. Because stranded away from home, rider would have to carry that monster back home...

3 minutes ago, Donafello said:

I dont feel that there is a need for anything more then 1600wh. I even feel if you dont ride for more then 10-15 miles each time you ride then theres probably no need for anyhting more then a 850wh. just my 2 pennies

i'm hoping my 820Wh Gets me more than 25 miles of conservative riding per charge

@Marty Mcfly Has traveled more than 30 miles per charge, but I know he weighs less than I do.... Perhaps a lot less as I haven't asked him... :roflmao:

1 minute ago, Greg Spalding said:

i'm hoping my 820Wh Gets me more than 25 miles of conservative riding per charge

@Marty Mcfly Has traveled more than 30 miles per charge, but I know he weighs less than I do.... Perhaps a lot less as I haven't asked him... :roflmao:

i dont think 25miles will be a issue. I have riding that on my v2 850wh plenty of times. dont get me wrong thats prob close to max but you should be ok

1 minute ago, Donafello said:

i dont think 25miles will be a issue. I have riding that on my v2 850wh plenty of times. dont get me wrong thats prob close to max but you should be ok

i'll be riding mostly at 15-17 mph (i think) so that is how i HOPE to get a few more miles out of each "TANK."

i appreciate your experience

I am happy to charge it every day, and I know I will be riding that many miles on most days

I hope to get at least 500 full charges without any degradation of range

I don't think that is to unrealistic on my part... Do you?

12 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

I'd get / use Charge Doctor and try to keep battery charge level between 20 - 80% majority of the time with once every 15 - 20 charges performing a full charge to keep the cells properly balanced. that would double to triple the battery life.

18 minutes ago, Donafello said:

More wh-Watthours is not only a question of range...it is also for less amp draw on the cells...and so for safety... 

1600wh is "only" 20s6p...while 2400 is at least 20s9p...so 33% less amperage draw on all cells!

Good for heavy People, inclines and continuos high Speed riding...

18 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

Marty? Martin Seamus "Marty" McFly Sr.?

54f6b565ab0c775a382fedbc625c4da9.jpg

Marty weighs 122 lbs... but his hoverboard running on some unedless power source anyway...

16 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

you'd have to hire a FORKLIFT to bring that back to your home or car :shock2:

"This is heavy." (c) BttF

16 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

i'll be riding mostly at 15-17 mph (i think) so that is how i HOPE to get a few more miles out of each "TANK."

i appreciate your experience

I am happy to charge it every day, and I know I will be riding that many miles on most days

500 charges without degrading is unrealistic.....

Degrading can start even after 80-150 (full)cycles...depends on the Kind of usage(amp draws)....i would expect the Batterie to have not more than 80% after 300cycles...

1 hour ago, Greg Spalding said:

You could use the fast charger that @Jason McNeil has... It has a 5A rating.... 

I'd be careful of utilizing a straight 5A charger, as a few users on here have reported incidents (internal wires frying(?)) regarding 4A/5A charging the previous generation MSuper2's.

Must be a reason why MSuper3 owners resort to either 2 chargers + the double GX-16 port Charge Doctor v2, or a custom replacement of the USB plug by Gotway in favor of a second GX-16 port for dual charging.

1 hour ago, zlymex said:

- there is no mentioning of the 3rd alarm,

Doesn't the spec say "30Km/h, 3 beeps/sec" under both Performance > Safe cruising speed and Protection > Over speed alarm?

1 hour ago, zlymex said:

- the diameter of 590mm is converted to 23.2 inch.

"L = 590 mm" I think this is not Diameter of the tire/wheel, but Length of the overall EUC, shell and all.

In general, I think the benefit of the bigger batteries that people don't seem to mention much, is that, more than pure "range" numbers, it creates more of a buffer from that sub-15-20% limp-home-teetering-on-the-edge-of-empty part of the battery that I generally don't ever want to use, as most EUCs have lesser performance down there. This especially applies to extreme temperatures, like the upcoming winter seasons, where Lithium batteries dip faster into the red.

When this Gotway Monster releases and I purchase mine, I rarely plan to dip below 40-50% and will probably top-up (well, for longevity, more like 95%) regularly like I do all my EUCs, to get that near-100% performance.

Just now, houseofjob said:

I'd be careful of utilizing a straight 5A charger, as a few users on here have reported incidents (internal wires frying(?)) regarding 4A/5A charging the previous generation MSuper2's.

Must be a reason why MSuper3 owners resort to either 2 chargers + the double GX-16 port Charge Doctor v2, or a custom replacement of the USB plug by Gotway in favor of a second GX-16 port for dual charging.

yikes

thanks for telling me...

Just now, houseofjob said:

@Greg Spalding no problem!

To be fair, some have been successful utilizing Jason's GX-16 fast charger (4A at the time I think) on their MSuper2's, but I think this was only occasionally, and in spurts (not the full length of the charge).

That makes sense

the truth is, like @Marty Backe, I would not use it all the time and only for part of the charge as you say

it is nice to know, however, if a wonderful opportunity for ride came up and I needed to charge the 820Wh battery more quickly I had that option...  as long as I babysat it the whole time

I will never use it for the 340Wh battery on my MCM 4, however

again, thanks for your help and education

8 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Doesn't the spec say "30Km/h, 3 beeps/sec" under both Performance > Safe cruising speed and Protection > Over speed alarm?

"L = 590 mm" I think this is not Diameter of the tire/wheel, but Length of the overall EUC, shell and all.

2 beeps/sec is the 1st alarm, 3 beeps/sec is the 2nd alarm, and the 3rd alarm is 5 beeps/sec(continuous beep) which is missing.

It is not L=590mm that I was referred to, there is a line of "wheel diameter" below. Actually, the length is the diameter because there is no shell either at front or rear.

@Greg Spalding Well, you don't have to babysit, you could use something like this Belkin Outlet timer that I use which has 30 min / 3 hour / and 6 hour shutoff options.

2 minutes ago, zlymex said:

2 beeps/sec is the 1st alarm, 3 beeps/sec is the 2nd alarm, and the 3rd alarm is 5 beeps/sec(continuous beep) which is missing.

It is not L=590mm that I was referred to, there is a line of "wheel diameter" below. Actually, the length is the diameter because there is no shell either at front or rear.

Ah yes, now that I'm re-thinking, you are right about the diameter, which is not usually the case for most EUCs (sorry!).

And you are saying the 1st alarm = 2 beeps/sec? Very weird.... and counter-intuitive, as my KingSong 18 is 1beep/sec = 1st alarm, 2beeps/sec = 2nd alarm, etc. Wonder why Gotway does it this way..... 

12 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

And you are saying the 1st alarm = 2 beeps/sec? Very weird.... and counter-intuitive, as my KingSong 18 is 1beep/sec = 1st alarm, 2beeps/sec = 2nd alarm, etc. Wonder why Gotway does it this way..... 

If you look at here: 

The first three lines are the three speed alarms(1st, 2nd and 3rd).

The 1 beep/sec is used for fall down and also for extreme low battery.

Archived