A few suggestions on improving the ACM

3 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

I think this Forum is very neutral!!! you should have seen Gotway/KingSong bashing on the Facebook group :-)

I read as much as i can before i go for a wheel....and also to this Forum in our Country we have at 2 sellers/distributors, which only get a new wheel into Programm if ...lets call it " is ready for PrimeTime"....They both waited until the 12Mosfet Version and i think that is not because in the meantime they do not want to make Money, they just wait until the first Version Errors are not existing anymore, and they do that on both brands KS and Gotway :-)

Also i want to say that, when i say to Kevin i would not trust the wheel anymore...i mean especially HIS ACM...not Gotway ACM in General....for me it seams to be a good wheel, just with some starter probs....

But his wheel seams to cut out a Little bit more...and that is a no go.....for me at least

I fully respect everything you said. Great insight.

1 hour ago, tadrossi said:

I fully respect everything you said. Great insight.

thanx...but!...no insights, original answer from the distributor to my question how is the Acm(4 months before now):

" on gotway you just dont know.....could be the very first version is fantastic....could be you have to wait until they sort out their first errors....and then its fantastic"

On 7/10/2016 at 11:55 PM, Kevin Grandon said:

Low speed cutouts
I've had the ACM cut out several times at low speed. Either when just starting out or going over a small hill/bump. It's quite scary/frustrating when it happens because it's completely out of your control. I have not seen this behavior with other wheels.

I can now say I have, painfully, experienced the low speed cutout too. I was in a park with my girls and was going up a hill on a fairly narrow path and came to an almost stop as I turned. When I leaned forward to go again the ACM just dropped on me. Whereas the stationary drops have left me on my feet this time I went down and a couple of days later I am hurting even more. I grazed the palms of both arms, my left elbow and left knee and twisted my right elbow and wrist. I have a support bandage on my right elbow because it is still very painful to move, carry anything or use my mouse and keyboard at work. I'm pretty sure it's no worse than a sprain but this shows more than ever that I need to try another board? This is the first time in over 9 months that I have come off an EUC and and not landed on my feet so haven't used any protective equipment but now feel I may need to.
I heard from Gray (my local distributor) that Gotway didn't send him the 12 MOSFET boards with his last order and even worse they didn't send the replacement rubber grips for the pedals which are now very badly worn and dangerous (yes I may be able to add grip tape now but that isn't the point). They did send the trolley handles though which I am not even sure I want to fit with the way the screws protrude - plus if mine keeps dropping it will likely cause more damage with the handle attached.

I don't want to go back to using my Ninebot but may need to until I can get the ACM sorted properly.

I like the look and sound of the MSuper V3 but I won't be a beta tester again. I will wait a few months until any bugs are worked out.

27 minutes ago, TremF said:

I was in a park with my girls and was going up a hill on a fairly narrow path and came to an almost stop as I turned.

Did you stop almost completely or even reversed a tiny bit? I seems to have similar issue now on my KS16 with "standing" take off:

I'm sorry to hear about your accident and wish you to get well soon - especially in your case it's even more important.

26 minutes ago, HEC said:

Did you stop almost completely or even reversed a tiny bit? I seems to have similar issue now on my KS16 with "standing" take off:

I'm sorry to hear about your accident and wish you to get well soon - especially in your case it's even more important.

I think I stopped on the spot (I can't do reverse yet) and twisted the wheel to the right direction to go down another narrow pathway and just fell forward as i went to move again.

Your issue sounds the same as mine. I wonder if the same person writes the firmware for both Gotway and Kingsong? The way they cope with low torque surges with no audible warning sounds the same. In one respect I would rather it drop than blow the board but I would also prefer not to damage the wheel or injure myself in the process.

I have to admit after falling this time I am worried because, with the spine surgery I had last year, the bones in my neck are possibly not fully fused/strengthened yet so it could be quite serious.

8 minutes ago, TremF said:

I think I stopped on the spot (I can't do reverse yet) and twisted the wheel to the right direction to go down another narrow pathway and just fell forward as i went to move again

What I suspect is happening that when you "stop" you might be intermittently putting the wheel in the "reverse" and back and that's what I believe is the culprit here. The code responsible for the detection of the "forward" movement must be glitching at some specific point of that almost stand-still moment while the directions are being swapped. I doubt it's the hardware issue or issue with motor or battery not having enough "power" as battery was almost fully charged, initial speed was zero and acceleration / lean very mild so that will not have any chance to cause the overload. This is very serious and worrying issue and I'm loosing trust in my EUC due that :(

On 7/24/2016 at 9:40 PM, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

@Kevin Grandon - any news about whether Gotway or your dealer is doing anything to help resolve your issues?

I was trying to give them some time to resolve my issue, but they're just ignoring me now so I'm giving up and mostly riding my KingSong these days. I ordered directly from Gotway, which was a mistake given this experience. I would advise others to not order directly from Gotway, perhaps consider a local dealer who would eat the cost or have more pull with Gotway.

It's funny, they could've spent a few dollars and probably had a lifelong customer. Instead I think I'll just buy other brands form here on out.

Maybe keep at them @Linnea Lin Gotway @Jane Mo as maybe they are just swamped with their upcoming Msuper production change-over.  Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the most grease.  I'm surprised as they do have a good presence on the forums here so you would think they would try to take care of a customer experiencing some issues.  That's unfortunate that they aren't responding quicker to your issue.  Let us know whether you make any progress or not.

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 4:58 AM, TremF said:

The way they cope with low torque surges with no audible warning sounds the same. In one respect I would rather it drop than blow the board but I would also prefer not to damage the wheel or injure myself in the process.

Sounds like Gotway shipped the product too quickly without sufficient testing.

On 21. Juli 2016 at 10:58 AM, TremF said:

[..]

Your issue sounds the same as mine. I wonder if the same person writes the firmware for both Gotway and Kingsong? The way they cope with low torque surges with no audible warning sounds the same. 
[..]

It looks like they share some DNA. The core is from Gotway.  In the beginning they even used the same protocol for the app. 

The problem here is all about requirements engineering and testing. If you don't document how a product should work/ behave in all situations you can't test it.

28 minutes ago, MaxLinux said:

Sounds like Gotway shipped the product too quickly without sufficient testing.

We have tested wheels before shipping in our special ways, but not take out every wheel to have a long distance ride to test them. Before send out the first batch of ACM, we test it with long range ride, but it has no problem maybe our weight is light not like most stronger European and US riders. Once get feedback from riders that our wheels has problem with mainboard, we stopped manufactured ACM for 1 more month to solve up the problem first. Every products should have a progress to be improved. We have send out new mainboard for distributors in different countries to change mainboad on our earlier batch of wheels after problem solved.

24 minutes ago, Linnea Lin Gotway said:

We have send out new mainboard for distributors in different countries to change mainboad on our earlier batch of wheels after problem solved.

Unfortunately I am STILL waiting for Gotway to send a replacement board and rubber grips for my pedals (which are badly worn) to my local distributor. in the meantime I am still having issues with one causing me a quite painful injury.

My distributor is trying hard to get them as soon as possible (contacted last Friday) seeing as they weren't included with their last shipment but, as of yet, may not have had a response.

Could you tell us what you are doing for customers who have purchased directly from Gotway like Kevin Grandon who have had problems?  It sounds like Gotway is a responsible company that is addressing issues with products purchased from dealers.  Hopefully you will be able to also help out the ones who have purchased directly from you too as some seem to be feeling like they are not hearing back from you?

There is a saying - a happy customer is a repeat customer that can bring many friends to a business.  An unhappy customer will always have a bitter taste in their mouth that lasts a long time and makes them want to spread the word around.  So sweeten them up and have only happy ones!  (Okay I might have just made that up, but it does ring true ;).)

I think people are willing to wait to be helped, but they need reassurance that something is being done and that their concerns are being listened to.  We're all very busy in our lives, but going that little extra mile to help people out goes a long way I think.  If you need time to get things fixed just tell your customers how much time you need and what you are doing for them.  Leaving people wondering makes people feel that they are not being helped.

I just remeber an other case of a shut down. The Firewheel (in this case a F779) also has a shut down problem in stand. I can't remember the right situation, but it happenend to one of our riding crew (a light weight one) as he stands on his Firewheel as using a moving stairway. It shuts off and going down the whole stair. After that the case/ she'll was not in best shape. So maybe there's a source where all EUC got the code from and no one did a real code review or the faulty part is closed source library (motor driver) and can't be fixed. Anyway the bug must be simulated on a bench with measuring taken.

19 minutes ago, LorenW said:

If weight is the problem, there are testing solutions. Just saying.

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32654996310.html

They use this stuff at the approval agency over here. I talked to a guy one year ago who may be weight 70 kg. I tried to imagine how he would wear this weight west to get to the advertised max load of 120 kg :)

We should buy some of this and send it over to Shenzehn, Hefei, Wuxi, Shanghai. But I like to see videos of this light weight people. Up to now they put another colleague on the back of the other to make short demonstrations e.g. riding inclines ;)

The weight vest would be great for testing but I would not advise wearing it while riding in public, it looks too much like some sort of explosive vest and given what's been going on lately you might start a panic.

pDSP1-15271538dt.png

Archived