What would be a good name for a new EUC product?

In the interest of helping a major manufacturer of EUC components with the release of their new wheel and successfully enter the market, what name do you think they should call it?

They have a tentative name chosen, but I tend to think it might not be that popular with English speaking buyers.  It's called "Geekwheel."

Here's your chance at suggesting a more stylish name for them to consider for their product.  Great names like Ninebot One, Solowheel Xtreme, and Gotway Msuper are already trend setting names so what dream name can you think of?  I'm not sure if the ink is dried already on "Geekwheel" so I'm hoping they might be able to tweak it a little before it goes to advertising...

Some ideas off the top of my head were:

1.  MW Falcon (Falcons are graceful yet powerful birds of prey which soar high above.  Gives an interesting image for an EUC with gliding and hey Falcons are cool.  Might be difficult to copyright but hey don't think copyright is all that important in China)

2.  MW Veilopro (Was Velopro but Google nixed that as someone else is using it.  Just a kind of random name)

3.  MW Arcowheel

4.  MW Sprint Wheel

5.  MW Stenza Z1 (Just made up a word.  Sounds cool though)

6.  MW Pulse R1 (gets your pulse racing)

7.  MW Zen Wheel

Anyone else have some ideas?  Just think cool and hey I'd buy that wheel and that's a name I'd share with people asking me what is it that I'm riding...

Uni-Roller.

OneWheel / OneWheeler.

IAFEUM! - It's an electric unicycle, man!

Electro Uni.

Unilectric - the wheel deal.

Singularity Wheel. 

EUni - but not in Britain (anymore).

Omg...do you guys ever sleep? Love the thought process that is going into developing a new name! Love the Falcons but I prefer the Patriots,  They glide across the field? Go Patriots!

It sounds like this new product is in its infancy so a little nurturing and gentle guidance never hurts.  I just would hate to see "Geekwheel" as the name of a premier product to be released.  What I don't quite understand is Microworks relationship with Gotway as MW seems to be a supplier for many of the GW products according to some Alibaba pages.  

Maybe as long as the MW products have their own unique programming or components there's no conflict of interest?  Or maybe Gotway contracts out to MW to supply customized components and programming, and they produce unique control boards for them and allow them to sell a few units under some commission or profit sharing agreement... Very interesting... 

Sleep?  ^_^  What's that?

2 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Anyone else have some ideas?  Just think cool and hey I'd buy that wheel and that's a name I'd share with people asking me what is it that I'm riding...

Yes - as per my suggestion in that thread (see my reasoning there):

1. MW Ranger 840

2. MW Scout 560

EDIT: The numbers are indeed just examples and would be based on the real battery capacities if used.

I don't like the names with 'wheel' in them.... It's like Ford calling their Fiesta .... FiestaCar, it's just not necessary. ... Concorde... They didn't call it Concorde plane...

Something quick and snappy.... 

Perhaps name it after a dragon..... 

1 hour ago, steve454 said:

MAXRIDE, TORQUETHRUST, THRILLMASTER, however these are probably all taken.:D

They probably are taken - most likely in a different "electric industry."   :blink:

well - they have to think about their mrketing strategy first from the birds eye view. 

Are they planning to promote their brand name? It appears from the posts above that MW is a given, but does it sound hot and sexy enough? are we trying to suggest options for naming the model, or the brand, or a new "type of product? These have to be anwered first.

if they want to promote MicroWorks, then maybe that has to be the focus of the name. Then maybe a model number after MW is good enough

If they want their product to be perceived as a new type of euc, then names like uniwheel, everglider, speedwheel, etc would be appropriate. 

If the brand name is already established and they want to advertise a particular new model, id suggest getting away from the whole"wheel" thing and pick something cool and catchy not necessarily tied to riding, like Jaguar, or Hawk, or Condender, or Raptor, or..i really liked the suggestion above - the Komodo.

30 minutes ago, Cloud said:

if they want to promote MicroWorks, then maybe that has to be the focus of the name. Then maybe a model number after MW is good enough

I agree.

30 minutes ago, Cloud said:

i really liked the suggestion above - the Komodo

That's my favorite suggestion so far!

Put a cool Komodo logo or graphic on the wheel body. I mean a big bold graphic, not a little icon-sized one.

Komodo might have a too similar sound to commode which sometimes refers to a toilet.  Keep in mind that having a "real" word for a name can have different connotations in different countries.

http://www.inc.com/geoffrey-james/the-20-worst-brand-translations-of-all-time.html

Made up words like Ninebot One, Xima Lhotz, Msuper and letter/number combos like IPS191, KS16, and V5F+ can be safer bets in terms of worldwide cultural acceptance.  Too safe can make products a little too hard to distinguish though.

A lot of car companies just have letters or numbers differentiating their products.  Mazda has their simple logo+number naming like Mazda3 or CX-5.  BMW has their three digit plus letter combos like 328i or X4 which are easily identifiable.

Naming a new wheel after an adult massage toy might not go over too well although MW Magnum XL does have a ring to it.  :lol:  "Wanna try out my Magnum XL 14" ride, baby?"  Yeah no I think not a good idea... B)

Some more ideas:

MW V-line1

MW Starlite

MW RAD1

MW Onyx

MW Krypton

MW Cylcone

Hey did you know that IPS stands for Inverted Pendulum System?

32 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Hey did you know that IPS stands for Inverted Pendulum Systems?

Yes, I have seen this several times on the IPS website.

More questions you may want to know about IPS products

1 Q: What is IPS?

A: IPS is the abbreviation of Inverted Pendulum System --- core control system for electric unicycle.

I was intending to investigate this, but never did. So today I found a pretty good explanation in Wikipedia.

"Balancing an upturned broomstick on the end of one's finger is a simple demonstration, and the problem is solved in the technology of the Segway PT, a self-balancing transportation device." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inverted_pendulum

Archived