Girls riding EUCs

MaxLinux

Do you agree in most countries many girls ride EUCs, but in the USA the percentage of girl riders is very low? This is what it looks like to me based on watching EUC videos on YouTube. Do you think my perception is correct, and if so, do you have an idea what is the reason?

I have only seen other wheels around about 10 times total in a full year. Never a girl though. I let my ex-wife try my nb1, and she was very enthousiastic, but still did not purchase one herself. 

I am not optimistic on the percentage of women riding wheels in The Netherlands.

47 minutes ago, johrhoj said:

I have only seen other wheels around about 10 times total in a full year. Never a girl though. I let my ex-wife try my nb1, and she was very enthousiastic, but still did not purchase one herself. 

I am not optimistic on the percentage of women riding wheels in The Netherlands.

I have not yet seen any other rider in the Netherlands! (except for @Luiz and his wife who came over for a weekend - but we made an explicit appointment, and had a great ride together through Amsterdam)

32 minutes ago, Tomek said:

I have not yet seen any other rider in the Netherlands! (except for @Luiz and his wife who came over for a weekend - but we made an explicit appointment, and had a great ride together through Amsterdam)

@TomekThere's a lot of wheelers in the Netherlands (search futurewheel channel or electric unicycle brothers on youtube), we have a Whatsapp group where we plan our WeekendWheeling trips. Want to join the group?

More guys than girls on electric unicycles in the Netherlands as I see it now. But might change when it becomes the next hype after the hoverboard (which you see everywhere).

I am teaching my GF to ride. So far we had one session and in about 30 minutes, she was able to ride. She can mount by herself and than ride more or less straight, not much control over direction. :D Yet! She was able to go for about 200 meters max.

Our local mall wouldn't let you do that. They used to have one of those kiosks in the main aisle selling hoverboards and they wouldn't let you ride those either. After all the news about exploding hoverboards it shut down anyway. :)

I'm not sure why girls/women don't ride EUCs in the US, I've gotten a lot of interest from both men and women and both have been bold enough to try my EUC. I'll see if I can upload some videos of people trying it.

At this point I've let a few dozen people ride my wheel but I don't always have the camera on. These two clips were from last year, I had the camera clipped on my belt so it's not a very good angle but I really don't like the look of the chest strap or having it mounted on my helmet.

That is very cool introducing those girls to the Firewheel!

A USA girl rider I like is the daughter of djquestionthis. Having an e-wheel dealer for a dad (myfunwheel.com) is an advantage, I suppose. She's a very good rider.

@dmethvin That's brave of you letting so many people try your wheel. I usually don't let people try due to concern that they'll fall on their faces. Thou I might follow your lead and start offering "lessons" to the ladies as well. B)

10 hours ago, AlanR said:

@Michael Vu the red rear light appears to illuminate when the EUC slows?  So, it looks like a 'brake' light?

Did it come factory fitted or did you fit it yourself?  May be a useful safety feature!

That's how Kingsong has programmed all their wheels.

high prevalence of obesity in the US? Riding a wheel, you draw a lot of attention.

Personally I don't give a fart, when other people's  facial expression says "what the f...: a fat middle aged guy just escaped the loony bin on the ward's Roomba".

I guess women are just more sensitive to these unflattering facial expression. :D

To be honnest, I don't have clue, I'm just joking here.

Archived