Price reduced! Ninebot One C+ and gear for sale

Lightly used and extremely reliable Ninebot One C+ for sale in Portland, Oregon. Purchased new from Forward CA this spring and has traveled less than 50 miles. It has never bricked up on me, had a battery failure, or anything like that. I did have trouble getting it to charge at one point, and Forward promptly sent me a new charger, which works fine. It has a few dings but nothing outrageous, I kept it pretty well padded while learning. I have added the bracket and trolley handle. I busted one trolley handle in a crash and replaced it with a new trolley handle. This means I also have the new bracket for you if you wish to install that. Additionally, I have a roll of grip tape (not placed on pedals), and a custom made dust cover for it. The cover slips over with a hole for the trolley handle so if you wanted to wheel it around a bit more unobtrusively (say, in a public place where you don't want someone to give you a hard time for having it), you can do that. If you search my posts you can see the cover on the wheel.

As you can imagine, I've spent close to $750 on the wheel and accessories (though a bit of that was lost on the broken handle, which I can give you, in case you want to try fixing it). I'd like to get $375 for it but am negotiable, especially if you want to come get it from me. I have all original packaging and could ship to you at my shipping cost (though I don't know what that would be). 

For some reason the site is not letting me upload pics--keeps signaling they're too big but they're not. Let me know and I will try to send you pics privately if you would like any.

QUESTION: with the tolley handle on, can you keep it in the "up" position so that if you are learning to ride and hop off, you can stop the NB from falling over?

tjcooper

2 hours ago, tjcooper said:

QUESTION: with the tolley handle on, can you keep it in the "up" position so that if you are learning to ride and hop off, you can stop the NB from falling over?

tjcooper

Hmmm. I'm not sure I would make that great of a claim for it. I didn't get the trolley handle until I had just about mastered it. I ride around with the handle collapsed (I can't see how you could ride around with it fully up/extended). I'm no expert and periodically have to hop off in a hurry and at those times I do catch it by the handle and then promptly extend the handle so I can wheel it. Honestly I don't think it fell over that much even when I was learning, but that's probably because (1) I'm incredibly cautious and slow about these things and (2) when I had to hop off, I'd run after it and grab it, almost always succeeding in grabbing it before it toppled over. It was actually good exercise at the start! I also did a lot of my practice at a park where I rode on a paved path but would let the wheel run off into the grass if I were having trouble.

No, the trolley handle is too weak for that.  It is only good for walking the NB1 and even then when I try to twist the handle to turn if I twist very hard at all the handle flexes to the point where I am afraid it could break.  Also do not ride with it on, if you jump off and the Bot tumbles, several people have said their trolley handle broke even though it wasn't extended.

22 hours ago, steve454 said:

No, the trolley handle is too weak for that.  It is only good for walking the NB1 and even then when I try to twist the handle to turn if I twist very hard at all the handle flexes to the point where I am afraid it could break.  Also do not ride with it on, if you jump off and the Bot tumbles, several people have said their trolley handle broke even though it wasn't extended.

Agreed, that's how I broke the first one. 

You can go to Post Image and upload your photos there.  Copy the link, and come back here to click "Insert image from URL", paste the link in, and wa la photos!

Any reason you are selling the NB1C+?  I thought you just recently got a cover for it.  Is it too heavy to carry around?  Did you get a different one?  BTW I love Oregon!  Multnomah Falls is beautiful!

multnomah-falls-1.jpg

On 6/9/2016 at 1:47 AM, bumblebee said:

For some reason the site is not letting me upload pics--keeps signaling they're too big but they're not. Let me know and I will try to send you pics privately if you would like any.

Check this part of the rules post:

POSTING MEDIA

This forum is hosted on a server where the total disk space cap is relatively low.  Therefore every forum member's account also has a cap on total disk usage.  For this reason it is encouraged that you put your large images on reliable external sites such as imgur.com (or equivalent) and embed it back into your posts.  Needless to say, videos go to YouTube (or equivalent) and can be embedded back into your posts here.

6 hours ago, John Eucist said:
  On 2016-06-08 at 10:47 AM, bumblebee said:

hey bumblebee - I had the same problem a while ago trying to upload pics that were smaller than 3.13MB and John Eucist helped me figure it out: the problem was the name of the photo - the server doesn't recognize the photo if it isn't labeled '.jpg'

Just change or add .jpg after the photo's name and it will work, provided the pic is less than 3.13MB

seawall.jpg

4 minutes ago, Nuo Meng said:

hey bumblebee - I had the same problem a while ago trying to upload pics that were smaller than 3.13MB and John Eucist helped me figure it out: the problem was the name of the photo - the server doesn't recognize the photo if it isn't labeled '.jpg'

Just change or add .jpg after the photo's name and it will work, provided the pic is less than 3.13MB

Actually I believe the limit is only 1.1 MB or something per file and each user has a TOTAL limit as well for the entire account.  It doesn't have to be jpg.  png, gif, and other formats should work too.  The main problem is server disk space with my current hosting plan.  Best to use imgur.com (or any other service that you believe will exist forever and free) and just embed back here by pasting the direct image link into the post.

• 2 weeks later...

@HunkaHunkaBurningLove - 

Great pic of the Falls! I am selling the EU for a couple of reasons--(1) The whole "parking" thing just doesn't fit well with my life and commute for which I hoped to use it. It's way easier to deal with a bike, from this perspective. (2) I feel safer going fast on a bike because there is a better way to brake in a hurry--on the EU, as far as I can tell, you had better just avoid the need to brake in a hurry--but if you're trying to use it to commute in a city of some density, I don't find that safe enough. All in all, it was fun to learn to ride and I do enjoy it, but for me, it's not a practical way to get around; a bike (on good bike paths) seems safer. 

Where in Canada are you, if you don't mind my asking?

-B

I'm up here in Calgary, Alberta, and that wasn't my photo.  I took one that looks very similar, but it's stashed somewhere away as I visited Oregon years ago.  I love the parks down there - so much beautiful scenery!  The Columbia River Gorge and Vista House?  Oh, and so much fun at Jesse Honeyman State Park with the dune buggies and Hell's Canyon jet boating.... gosh I miss Oregon...

EUCs aren't as safe as traveling on a bike.  Maybe an e-bike might be a good option to consider for you.  Did you check out the foldable one and the new one from Xiaomi coming out soon?

On 7/1/2016 at 3:29 PM, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

You can go to Post Image and upload your photos there.  Copy the link, and come back here to click "Insert image from URL", paste the link in, and wa la photos!

Any reason you are selling the NB1C+?  I thought you just recently got a cover for it.  Is it too heavy to carry around?  Did you get a different one?  BTW I love Oregon!  Multnomah Falls is beautiful!

multnomah-falls-1.jpg

I have never seen anyone her in Portland, I guess they buy a wheel then they sell it before I see them. Lol. @HunkaHunkaBurningLove All the state parks here are just crying for some action and we have alot of mountain bike tracks (still haven't got out to one yet) rivers, lakes and such. But so do you up in Canada. I should do some Portland EU nature footage, I just haven't got any done yet.

Definitely all those long walking trails and pathways would be perfect for EUC trips.  You could do a whole Youtube mini-travel show on Oregon alone there's so many different places to check out.  I spent a month touring down the Pacific Coast highway from Astoria almost all the way down to Newport, and it was incredible.  You guys have it for nature spots down there.  I always dream of quitting my day job and go on the road to do a travel show.  Ever watch Departures?  The cinematography is outstanding... hard to find full episodes online though... maybe check Netflix?

• 3 weeks later...

Is your wheel still for sale? I'm in Seattle and have an Airwheel X8, which I love, an Airwheel X3 (my guest wheel), and wanting to try a Ninebot as a back up. I've been looking around and been finding the E+ for under 500.  What is the big difference between the C+ and E+?

On Wednesday, July 27, 2016 at 7:58 PM, Tim Koffler said:

Is your wheel still for sale? I'm in Seattle and have an Airwheel X8, which I love, an Airwheel X3 (my guest wheel), and wanting to try a Ninebot as a back up. I've been looking around and been finding the E+ for under 500.  What is the big difference between the C+ and E+?

2-3km/h top speed difference and 220wh (C+) compared to 320wh (E+) for the battery.

I weigh 92kgs and on fairly level ground can still get 10 miles from a charge on my C+.

Really well made easy to ride wheels. :)

28 minutes ago, Tim Koffler said:

Is this wheel still for sale?

Nope. Sorry I bought it a couple weeks ago here in Portland and have since killed it. :) I am hoping to bring her back to life soon! Btw @Tim Koffler have you ridden your wheel in a pride parade? It would be so cool if somebody did.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 09/14/2016 at 2:53 PM, Tim Koffler said:

I wanted to this year, but didn't get it pulled together  in time.  Next year I definitely will.

If you do take pictures for sure, I want to show people I'm not the only gay uniler!

Archived