Inmotion V14 Adventure: a new trail wheel from Inmotion

techyiam

4 hours ago, Flygonial said:

Only other thing I was wondering is if there are any consequences on your deposit for not reaching the required mileage (save for obvious breakdowns). I don’t mean to say that Inmotion would be predatory (I doubt it) but they hypothetically could also get away with screwing a few testers over if they had genuine problems go unacknowledged.

Well, on the international test trial, no testers said anything bad like that after the fact, and Inmotion wants to do it again.

It is only a few testers, it's small potatoes to Inmotion. Plus, I think most of these volunteers are serious enthusiasts.

For me, it would be the least of my worries. If I was in Inmotion's shoes, I would be more concerned with testers getting hurt, or killing themselves. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, zaft said:

Not sure I could hit that many miles in a year even, let alone a single month of testing!

There are definitely guys, even locally, can get it done in two weeks.

There are people who really loves to ride. It can be just ten, 100 km rides.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, zaft said:

Not sure I could hit that many miles in a year even, let alone a single month of testing!

Wow, I'm impressed with that level of testing. It looks as though inmotion is finally walking the talk - bravo

On 7/20/2023 at 6:26 AM, Flygonial said:

Bigger wheel = more resistance to carving or turning at the same speed

yeah, I think the reality is more like smaller wheel for smaller tighter lower speed stuff, bigger wheel for bigger more open high speed stuff. Two different things really. Mrelwood is right (of course :)) but it really depends on what is best for your riding. Small wheel isn't going to be better than a big wheel if you're carving at high speed. Big wheel isn't going to be better than a small wheel at anything slow and technical, except rolling over bumps.

Edited by Uras
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Stanchions high up, safer from dirt, that’s good.

It looks to me like the sliders general design is a copycat of the Begode sliders. The outer slider housing is rigidly fastened to the hollow axle. There is a bottom portion of the stanchions that extends below.

5 minutes ago, phatmike said:

It looks like a Master/T4/Extreme re-engineered to me

+1. Unfortunately, Inmotion cannot claim too much originality nor innovation based on what we can see so far.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

First impressions:

Well, that's a 100V 1800Wh wheel for sure, if that picture is legitimate. Batteries are too physically small to be anything else. (edit: looks like it might be 126V!) And those battery packs do not look removable like some rumors said (I don't mind, never liked that idea anyways).

No Patton/Commander Mini/Extreme competition. Maybe another 126V "16" incher from Inmotion will follow?

Basically a V12 with suspension. Which is good, what took them so long! Price will be between whatever the V12 costs in your location and 3000 (it better not be more).

It gets a bonus point from me just for having a sweet mud guard. Nice ground clearance, but it would be better if the orange metal guard was one continuous piece, so it could slide over an obstacle instead of possibly getting stuck on it between the two pieces. And the grab handles (front and back) are nice, they look very usable.

Linkage looks a bit easy to damage in a crash indeed, especially for a trail wheel kind of design. I also hope it is rigid enough, with the battery packs being the frame.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
100V assumption might be wrong
  • Like 2

Many owners, especially Duf, love their Patton.

Ditto the Commander Mini, but instead of owners, they are influencers, and instead of Duf, it's Marty. 

And as for the Extreme, only Chance and 2cells1pack have the Extreme? We need to wait for the Extreme to get in more people's hands.

The competition so far seems mighty good already in this class of wheels.

I hope Inmotion knows what it is doing.

Me thinks, no one seems to have the right people to do linkage suspension for electric wheels. They are still struggling. Although, I hope Extreme has made more of a dent.

Inmotion should have copied Leaper Kim. This pares down the requirement for advanced suspension gurus in the company to do the suspension. The hydraulic struts manufacturers will provide the expertise, and all an electric wheel manufacturer has to do is just to figure how to attach the struts to the wheel. With Inmotion high build quality and safety features, the Adventure could have had a better chance competing.

This seems like a really negative precursor to the Adventure launch.

Unless the photo is not showing the real Adventure? 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Batteries are too small to be anything else. 

I have to disagree. It looks about right to me. Assuming Inmotion is using 21700 cells, that's 24 cells in series for 100.8 V, and 32 cells for 134.4 V. That means to be 100.8 V, the packs would be 1/4 length shorter than the Master battery packs.

Unless it's 126 V, which means 30 cells. But this does not make sense to build a commuter wheel with so much suspension travel.

IMG_5149.jpeg.5bc37ea5aeeb8c15e47dd5a013

Begode Master 2400 Wh.

Monokoleso-Begode-Master-1.jpg

Edited by techyiam

9 minutes ago, Forwardnbak said:

I have a different image but that pic above is one of the wheels in the picture i have. 

Thanks.

Just to confirm, the wheel shown in the image is the Adventure. 

And what is shown are the swappable battery packs.

2 minutes ago, Forwardnbak said:

I have a different image of the wheel above.

There are another couple of wheels in my picture and all labeled adventure. 

Not sure about the packs or any further information yet. 

That's interesting. I didn't realize the Adventure have different models, not just different wheel sizes. 

4 minutes ago, techyiam said:

That's interesting. I didn't realize the Adventure have different models, not just different wheel sizes. 

well i’m not sure here that’s why i say maybe mine is a mock up. 

Not sure my info is accurate and not sure of the date on it.

Maybe just size related 

Edited by Forwardnbak
  • Like 1