The Direction Inmotion new wheels will be taking.

techyiam

The law of NEVER BLOODY BUY BATCH 1  is relevant here.  If you have v13 youll find its fast as hell, but range is a laff. In future wheels that problem is solved it seems. However more battery will add to the V13 weight I guess? Still I love my V13 ... 

If Inmotion boss had chosen ppl with more knowledge maybe we would have better info? However Inmotion is in active dialogue with the community - I like that a lot. U stride is fast as hell...... He makes wheels look good. 

Edited by Finn Bjerke

9 hours ago, techyiam said:

Inmotion is trying really hard not to leave anyone out. If they succeed, it would be incredible.

It would be great providing to all the different markets. But I'd settle for companies taking their time, testing the fuck out of their devices before releasing so that we don't have to wait for batch 3 before feeling safe enough to buy. 

That goes for all PEV manufacturers. We shouldn't have to have a "avoid batch 1" mentality if thing's are tested properly.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Piercedsoul said:

It would be great providing to all the different markets. But I'd settle for companies taking their time, testing the fuck out of their devices before releasing so that we don't have to wait for batch 3 before feeling safe enough to buy. 

That goes for all PEV manufacturers. We shouldn't have to have a "avoid batch 1" mentality if thing's are tested properly.

I think that's what Inmotion did with the V13. V13 batch 1 of about 40 units were sent out in China for testing. And about 5 of those units went out to international testers.

1 minute ago, techyiam said:

I think that's what Inmotion did with the V13. V13 batch 1 of about 40 units were sent out in China for testing. And about 5 of those units went out to international testers.

Is this where the axle bolt issue was found? Or did v13's with weak bolts get released (I honestly have no idea)?

9 minutes ago, Piercedsoul said:

Is this where the axle bolt issue was found? Or did v13's with weak bolts get released (I honestly have no idea)?

The axle bolts issue did not surface in batch 1. The international testers did not encounter the problem.

The axle bolt was a QC issue with a vender in mass production. Eevees encounter it first when they did a teardown of the V13.

Edited by techyiam
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, techyiam said:

It does look like Inmotion is promising new models that will cater to basically everyone, from learners, @Funky types to @Marty Backe types.

I'm not a "learner".. I personally would like to have Sherman Max. But because i live in third floor apartment and daily trip is around 5km range. I simply don't have a need for those type of wheels.. :D 

I hope that they at least will have some kind wheel in 25-30kg weight, that goes around ~60km/h speeds. (Don't care about range.)

Having 4 different lineups of wheels sounds great. BUT if smallest wheel is something in ~15kg weight, that goes max 25km/h speed. And next model is 35kg wheel that goes 70km/h.. The middle is empty.

I just hope they don't make small wheel and next model is again too big/heavy..

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, Funky said:

I'm not a "learner"

Take it as a compliment!

I am a "learner", I just love to learn new tricks on smaller wheels. :roflmao:

P-20230302-135953.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Funky said:

I hope that they at least will have some kind wheel in 25-30kg weight, that goes around ~60km/h speeds. (Don't care about range.)

The V12? 

I'd like a V8/V10 type wheel with stronger axle and minimal suspension for the uneven city roads. Like yours, my commutes are short and when lugging it around light weight is very much appreciated.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, mlau said:

The V12? 

I'd like a V8/V10 type wheel with stronger axle and minimal suspension for the uneven city roads. Like yours, my commutes are short and when lugging it around light weight is very much appreciated.

I like more 18". V12 is to heavy for what it is.. If i wanted 16", better option would be ks16x.

Yeah 19mm axles need to go.. (Or what ever size we have right now.) 22-25mm would be better. Doesn't help that axle has a hole in middle, for wires..

Edited by Funky

On 4/15/2023 at 11:35 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

That almost sounds too good to be true. I hope it will be!

Long before the V13 was known I got the indicator of design language to be modular to accommodate more diversity and better "upgrade" options as wheel-internal and technology develop over time. 

Now the original first poster have however more in depth details than I had at the time. 

Now the good part in my eye is Inmotion chose to listen and interact with community and customers. Unfortunately this is often overshadowed by negative noisemakers. 

But I for one think Inmotion are on right track that not one wherl/model will rule for all customers. If that were the case why would we see so many different things in other products, and why would EUCs differ from this? 

I think Inmotion make the smart choice from lesson learned (sometimes with a few bruises to the logo but emerging on the other side stronger). 

I do hope they took the input to get easy service ideas into the design. 

• Upvote 3

On 4/16/2023 at 3:11 PM, Funky said:

I'm not a "learner".. I personally would like to have Sherman Max. But because i live in third floor apartment and daily trip is around 5km range. I simply don't have a need for those type of wheels.. :D 

This is a very strong argument to have a diverse product range. 

And I appreciate someone speaking up for this rather the constant fast-big-long yelling seeing so often. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Funky said:

Yeah 19mm axles need to go.. (Or what ever size we have right now.)

Well, the V11 has a 80mm axle. I think your wish has mostly been granted already.

On 4/15/2023 at 10:19 PM, mrelwood said:

Thank you! Great info, and magnificent news!

I started to watch the live stream anyway, but man this pains me to my soul. Three high profile EUC YouTubers and they don’t know what’s the difference in battery max voltage and rated voltage, are confused about oil filled vs air shocks, have no understanding of the EUC voltage differences, talk about a speed limited tilt-back on the V13 as a new feature, don’t understand the (lack of) 18/20” tire size difference, and call the Sherman-S a 22” wheel.

These are the guys that people turn to for information and answers.

In the modern world, it's not about who has correct information, it's about who yells the loudest. Or has it always been this way?

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/25/2023 at 5:20 AM, techyiam said:

Here is a strong argument against calling electric wheels as monowheels.

There is already a patent filed for monowheel. 

0526bdd95cd8faeee3fd9c1a7ef63351--hamste

Source: 

Wikipedia - monowheel

How do we know if this ISN’T imotions new design?! 🤔🤔🤣

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Hellkitten said:

How do we know if this ISN’T imotions new design?! 🤔🤔🤣

If it is, I would gladly call it a monowheel. :)

Perhaps then the 16" and 18" sizing must refer to the crank diameter.

• Haha 2

On 5/25/2023 at 11:20 AM, techyiam said:

There is already a patent filed for monowheel. 

The source gives 1885 as publishing year, so I'd think the patent has expired by now?

EDIT: it seems that patents typically expire after 15-20 years.

Edited by Mono

43 minutes ago, Mono said:

The source gives 1885 as publishing year, so I'd think the patent has expired by now?

It doesn't matter if it has. You don't patent words anyway. You could try to trademark it but no guarantee's it would be allowed.

Ultimately the population decide what things eventually get called. Business can certainly try to encourage words though.

Technically what @techyiam is saying is correct, Monowheels are not EUC's as we can see in the picture and you can see many newer examples on youtube too.

• Like 1