Commander Mini (2400Wh 50E, 134V, 16in tire/12in rim, 40kg/88lb, 3200W C38 motor, suspension, speakers)

1 hour ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

But it's not waterproof, if it were then it would have an IP rating

The horrendous quality control

not-waterproof.png

That is not horrendous QC. That is a small gap in the the gasket easily fixed with a bit of silicone.

Yes the charge port was misaligned but it was an easy fix. Marty was impressed with the quality and he has had more wheels than any of us.

I watched a French YT with 3 guys talking about the EB Commander mini. All were very impressed with the very quite motor, very smooth ride (street tire), really good suspension. One said the suspension was "at least as good as Leaperkim, maybe even a bit better" and of course the quality saying the 40kg was worth it for the all metal quality finish.

Edited by DavidB

just popped a question in my mind after i saw the sheet....107 free spin that means about 70-80kmh under weight...istn that too powerfull for 16inch wheel?like in terms of wobble and safety that comes out of tthat size?

Edited by FarkyJ
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, FarkyJ said:

just popped a question in my mind after i saw the sheet....107 free spin that means about 70-80kmh under weight...istn that too powerfull for 16inch wheel?like in terms of wobble and safety that comes out of tthat size?

I think the point of max speed is to show you where the motor and electronics throw you... hence it should be higher than user comfort should be, thus we refer to it as "headroom".

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, slippyfeet said:

I think the point of max speed is to show you where the motor and electronics throw you...

That’s the 100% PWM speed.

7 minutes ago, slippyfeet said:

hence it should be higher than user comfort should be, thus we refer to it as "headroom".

Max speed does refer to the actual maximum riding speed, and speed headroom indeed refers to the difference between the two.

12 hours ago, FarkyJ said:

External circumference of the ChauYang 80/90-12 is supposed to be 17.67 inches. So think of it as an 18 inch wheel. There is almost 3 inches of sidewall to that tire.

10 hours ago, DavidB said:

External circumference of the ChauYang 80/90-12 is supposed to be 17.67 inches. So think of it as an 18 inch wheel.

Tires aren’t specified by their outer diameter. Not on cars, motorcycles, nor bicycles (*). There’s no point in creating confusion by starting now.

Besides, 18” wheels have a much larger actual outer diameter than 18”. So Patton/Commander Mini and the like are not comparable to a 18” EUC.

(*) Traditional bicycle tires announce the approximate/nominal outer diameter, not the actual one. And they are what originally created the EUC size classifications. They are the standard.

On 6/25/2023 at 2:13 PM, FarkyJ said:

always good to have the capability but 16" wheels are not meant for those speeds, 60-65kmh is already a good spot :)

2inch of diameter makes a big difference 

• Upvote 1

On 6/25/2023 at 5:13 AM, FarkyJ said:

I know that my V12 is stable up to 70 km/h indicated when it is tuned right. Additionally, I don't get wobbles. It has an aftermarket 2.75-12 road tire.

I didn't get a chance to ride the Patton above 40 km/h. But up to about 40 km/h, the Patton is simply much more stable and feels much more planted. 

We have to wait and see what the Mini can do.

Edited by techyiam

It looks like the stanchion clamp at the axle doesn't have rollers like the Commander Pro. But there is something going on there that we can't make put yet. The hydraulic suspension struts looked beefy. The pedals are mounted directly on battery cases, so the cases are structural. 

Cable management inside the controller compartment is insanely clean. Jury is still put on the waterproofing. We need to wait for 2Cell1Pack Teardown Video going live later at noon today.

• Like 1

Albert and Christine did a teardown on the Commander Mini at 2cells1pack.

The water proofing and build quality appears to be competitive. Leaper Kim better not get caught napping with their Patton. There are pros and cons, but Albert was seeing plenty of good things with the Commander Mini. Additionally, in other videos, the Commander Mini has been garnering positive first ride impressions. And then you factor in the price, I am glad I waited for the Commander Mini. I may need to see one in person to guage whether it is a positive or negative thing with the secondary slider implementation. The Commander Mini certainly looks interesting.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

Albert and Christine did a teardown on the Commander Mini at 2cells1pack.

The water proofing and build quality appears to be competitive. Leaper Kim better not get caught napping with their Patton. There are pros and cons, but Albert was seeing plenty of good things with the Commander Mini. Additionally, in other videos, the Commander Mini has been garnering positive first ride impressions. And then you factor in the price, I am glad I waited for the Commander Mini. I may need to see one in person to guage whether it is a positive or negative thing with the secondary slider implementation. The Commander Mini certainly looks interesting.

I initially wanted to wait for this tear down, but ended up purchasing one earlier in the week due to the ungerground crew feedback. Watching the stream justified my decision. And then there's the price difference - Patton is a whopping $650 more to my location.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, slippyfeet said:

I initially wanted to wait for this tear down, but ended up purchasing one earlier in the week due to the ungerground crew feedback. Watching the stream justified my decision. And then there's the price difference - Patton is a whopping $650 more to my location.

It does look like Extreme Bull is pretty serious about improving waterproofing and build quality. I am really surprised that they are getting so many things right at that price point. I think I need to compare the Mini and the Patton side by side to really know whether the Patton is actually better than the Mini. Could they be equals already.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2

DAMN $2800 on ewheels, that's quite the competitive price for 2400Wh + 134V + suspension + decent build quality.

I wonder what it will cost in €. Patton is $3100 at ewheels and 3200€ here. The Mini might end up being below 3000€ here in Euroland as well.

I think the wheel looks good overall. 

My biggest disappointment is the back light is just a random flashing red light and not a brake light or indicators. 

Very promising wheel. I look forward to learning more about its riding/durability. 

Edited by The Brahan Seer
Grammar

4 hours ago, techyiam said:

improving waterproofing and build quality

By gooping everything with silicone? A rectangular box on top of 2 struts with charge ports misaligned on the top of all places? I must have watched a different video.

3 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

By gooping everything with silicone? A rectangular box on top of 2 struts with charge ports misaligned on the top of all places? I must have watched a different video.

I guess we must. :)

On 7/4/2023 at 10:01 PM, Ronin Ryder said:

High speed run on the Commander Mini - Insane power for a 16” wheel:

Really enjoy your review videos on YouTube! What is your impression of the Commander Pro vs. Mini (build quality, ride quality, etc)? Pretty set on the Commander Pro as a rider around 245 lbs fully geared + backpack but there is a ton of hype around the mini.