Commander Mini (2400Wh 50E, 134V, 16in tire/12in rim, 40kg/88lb, 3200W C38 motor, suspension, speakers)

I don’t think it looks ugly but it looks like a plastic toy. I thought when I first saw it that it was a toy with a fake background picture

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BKW said:

I don’t think it looks ugly but it looks like a plastic toy. I thought when I first saw it that it was a toy with a fake background picture

Yeah it's the day-glow cheapy looking plastic pads that turn it from quite a smart little machine into something you might see marketed at the 7-12s in Toys R Us.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Agreed. Still don't want one particularly though !

I like the wheel. I don't know much about it because I haven't been following due to oversaturation of new EUCs, but off visuals alone I like the size of it and suspension and metal roll bars

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe someone knows estimated basic price (not preorder)?

Competition pricing is quite expensive, 2900-3100-3500$, good price may be key to success of this model.

Edited by Greg X
  • Like 1

On 4/13/2023 at 3:05 AM, Greg X said:

Maybe someone knows estimated basic price (not preorder)?

Competition pricing is quite expensive, 2900-3100-3500$, good price may be key to success of this model.

It's listed on AliExpress at 2420€, incl. VAT and shipping within Europe

• Like 1

anyone know why the listing for this has been removed from both ewheels and alienrides website? I can only find it on aliexpress? am I wrong to assume that it seems like the Extreme has taken the steam out of the mini, and it may be DOA

23 minutes ago, ZweemZ said:

anyone know why the listing for this has been removed from both ewheels and alienrides website? I can only find it on aliexpress? am I wrong to assume that it seems like the Extreme has taken the steam out of the mini, and it may be DOA

probably wasn't ready to be released, or had some catastrophic thing happen to it and so went back to the drawing board... who knows

Edited by BKW
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • tomadto changed the title to Commander Mini (2400Wh 50E, 134V, 16in tire/12in rim, 40kg/88lb, 3200W C38 motor, suspension, speakers)
  • 1 month later...

Marty's Commander Mini video is really an unboxing video. His Commander Mini first ride impression video will come next.

The Commander Mini build looks tidy. Marty seems to like it so far. But I think the jury is still out on quality. Compared to the Commander Pro,  Extreme Bull certainly has been working hard trying to improve build quality. 

Edited by techyiam

I like how they copied inmotions crash bars, they look sturdy. Sad to see the charge ports are still on the top of the wheel . the second dumbest place to put them right behind putting them on top under a handle. Still no IP rating on any of these new wheels, it's like they have no idea how to make them waterproof. It will be interesting to see the performance. 134v should be zippy.

3 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

I like how they copied inmotions crash bars, they look sturdy.

I have to say, this is a big improvement over the Commander's plastic lift handles that cut into your hand. And they wanted $4000 USD.

5 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Sad to see the charge ports are still on the top of the wheel .

It is a convenient and cost efficient location to place the charge ports. What can you do.? It's Begode's electronics. 

8 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Still no IP rating on any of these new wheels, it's like they have no idea how to make them waterproof.

Well, IP rated or not, that top cover gasket is a big improvement. My only other concern here is wheel bearings and battery packs water ingress protection.

12 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

It will be interesting to see the performance. 134v should be zippy.

I hope that it will be peppy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

the second dumbest place to put them right behind putting them on top under a handle.

Remind me why putting them on top under handle is such a terrible idea ? Mine are there, and have never bothered me in the slightest !

6 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Sad to see the charge ports are still on the top of the wheel . the second dumbest place to put them right behind putting them on top under a handle.

Third dumbest.

The dumbest place is, definitely, putting the charge ports right into the wheel well where all the dirt and water sprays right onto them. I forgot which wheel it was (might be post-idiotic selective amnesia because it was just so dumb;)), but somebody actually did this.

• Haha 2

A rating does not make a wheel waterproof. Being waterproof makes a wheel waterproof. And to me it certainly looks like it's waterproof enough for everyday use without worry.

And everything is relative. This is a Begode/EB wheel, after all! It's pretty nice for that, and a huge improvement over the Commander Pro.

Let's see if an EcoDrift disassembly unearths something negative. Otherwise this might be as nice as it appears now!

• Upvote 2

The spec sheet as always looks great, but ‘the proof of the pudding is in the eating’, and looking dispassionately at Marty’s  unboxing, there appear to be several all too familiar let-downs which prospective buyers will have to address.    Plus ça change…

jesus its 43.6 cm wide yes...it can put it in my consideration for a wheel...now i need just wait with my 2k euros in my bank account for proper reviews....
i really like the handlebars stock...finnaly for us who got some stairs in life...
i really like that the upper pads can be designed for a seat later...to protect the motherboard even better during rain....
how the heck did they get the 2400 battery in these dimensions..
need to buy gear first for this little beast...
need some QC... will be fixed in second batch for sure...
great wheel EB
marty now iam really horny for your review...:D

Edited by FarkyJ