Commander Mini (2400Wh 50E, 134V, 16in tire/12in rim, 40kg/88lb, 3200W C38 motor, suspension, speakers)

2 hours ago, Gkindy said:

Really enjoy your review videos on YouTube! What is your impression of the Commander Pro vs. Mini (build quality, ride quality, etc)? Pretty set on the Commander Pro as a rider around 245 lbs fully geared + backpack but there is a ton of hype around the mini.

Thanks! Both are great wheels! The Commander Pro remains my preferred euc.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Gkindy said:

Really enjoy your review videos on YouTube! What is your impression of the Commander Pro vs. Mini (build quality, ride quality, etc)? Pretty set on the Commander Pro as a rider around 245 lbs fully geared + backpack but there is a ton of hype around the mini.

Ronin Ryder: Thanks! Both are great wheels! The Commander Pro remains my preferred euc.

Yes, for your size the CPro IMO would be the better fit. 50% more battery/range for only 6% more weight plus magnesium cases vs ali, 90mm suspension vs 80mm, 20" tire vs 17". But the Mini is a fair bit cheaper.

Edited by DavidB
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DavidB said:

Ronin Ryder: Thanks! Both are great wheels! The Commander Pro remains my preferred euc.

Yes, for your size the CPro IMO would be the better fit. 50% more battery/range for only 6% more weight plus magnesium cases vs ali, 90mm suspension vs 80mm, 20" tire vs 17". But the Mini is a fair bit cheaper.

Appreciate the insight 🙏🏻

16 hours ago, DavidB said:

Dont get me wrong, the Mini fits easily heavy riders. Somehow the suspension is better (stiffer) on the mini too. 

8 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

Dont get me wrong, the Mini fits easily heavy riders. Somehow the suspension is better (stiffer) on the mini too. 

How do you find it seated? Some have complained it is a little short on top. I thought from Gkindy's weight that he might be big. Raphael (Bonheur sur Seine) says he is small and he had trouble fitting his derriere on the mini althought he did admit it may just be him.

Screenshot at 2023-07-12 12-37-00.png

Edited by DavidB

15 minutes ago, DavidB said:

How do you find it seated? Some have complained it is a little short on top. I thought from Gkindy's weight that he might be big. Raphael (Bonheur sur Seine) says he is small and he had trouble fitting his derriere on the mini althought he did admit it may just be him.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/jayqa7O1SIQ

^ Albert from 2cells1pack looked comfortable seated

11 hours ago, DavidB said:

Its not a seated riding wheel, unless you’re a gnome. I might try to devise a seat maybe…

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

A 16" wheel that is stable at 80+ km/h, what's not to like.

The lack of quality control? The perennial failing of all makes right now, to be fair, but it looked from the thoroughness of the build-up that it looks to be almost mandatory that all wheels should be checked for torque of the fixings from the axle bolts outward, which paradoxically is easier to do with a flat-pack or home assembly wheel than a “ready” to ride offering, which ain’t really the way you’d like it to be given the outlay. Maybe you should do the same with a Chinese built car? Such a shame when we have otherwise cutting edge technology beneath us, but ‘built’ to 1970’s British Leyland standards! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Freeforester said:

The perennial failing of all makes right now, to be fair, but it looked from the thoroughness of the build-up that it looks to be almost mandatory that all wheels should be checked for torque of the fixings from the axle bolts outward, which paradoxically is easier to do with a flat-pack or home assembly wheel than a “ready” to ride offering, which ain’t really the way you’d like it to be given the outlay.

I don't know about what others do, but if I purchase a PEV, I certainly would give it a once over before riding. For me, the Commander Mini is looking like the front runner, if the price that one can get it at is factored in,

6 hours ago, techyiam said:

Now, that's great content, biased or not.

If the Commander Mini can make me this giddy, I need to get one. :)

A 16" wheel that is stable at 80+ km/h, what's not to like.

This wheel def looks like a nice street beast! Build quality looks to be really good too!

Funny though The 80+ km/h is not what excites me about this wheel. Keep in mind that is wheel/begode reported speed. Which tends to be a bit more off than others. Not sure if its true with their 16 inch wheels as well.

The one other two things i dont like, is the fact the lights are not modular. They plug right into the board. So you have parts kind of dangling and putting stress on the board when tearing down.. Not a really big deal at all though. There is only 1 suspension variation for this wheel. As a light rider you would be stuck with the stiffer suspension. Neither of these are deal breakers.

I just got a Patton and seeing the commander mini impressions are not giving me any remorse, but this wheel looks pretty amazing. Its nice to see competition.

Those splitting hairs over speed/torque may want to wait it out for the extreme and see how that performs..

6 hours ago, jimjam.nyc said:

Funny though The 80+ km/h is not what excites me about this wheel. Keep in mind that is wheel/begode reported speed. Which tends to be a bit more off than others. Not sure if its true with their 16 inch wheels as well

For me, seeing others confirming that the Mini is capable of 80+ km/h speeds and the stability at those speeds gives me the reassurance of headroom and stability of the lower speeds that I am looking for.

They plug right into the board. So you have parts kind of dangling and putting stress on the board when tearing down.

I would just tape it down during servicing. 

There is only 1 suspension variation for this wheel. As a light rider you would be stuck with the stiffer suspension. Neither of these are deal breakers.

I just got a Patton and seeing the commander mini impressions are not giving me any remorse, but this wheel looks pretty amazing. Its nice to see competition.

Since you are a lighter rider, and seems to prefer a cushier type of ride, and the Veteran has a good reputation for quality, I think you bought the right wheel. 

After my Abrams ownership experience, I do like its build quality. It is not perfect, but they got a lot of things right. I would rate the quality of the Abrams higher than the V12.

I agree that now is a great time to buy a suspension wheel. If only these wheels were available for purchase at the end of 2021, I would not have gotten a V12, perhaps.

Edited by techyiam

Hello everyone, first time poster here :)

Just a quick question, does anyone know an EU store that has, or will have the Commander Mini in stock?

The only place that I've see it in so far is eWheels, but that's CA and US only ofc.

I'm aware that there are some Aliexpress listings for it out there, but I'm not keen on high stakes gambling :rolleyes:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tomallo said:

Hello everyone, first time poster here :)

Just a quick question, does anyone know an EU store that has, or will have the Commander Mini in stock?

The only place that I've see it in so far is eWheels, but that's CA and US only ofc.

I'm aware that there are some Aliexpress listings for it out there, but I'm not keen on high stakes gambling :rolleyes:

There are a few reputable AliExpress stores you can buy from. Off the top of my head the GT king Store and the Wheel Riders Store have been great.

Edited by Clem604

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2023 at 2:19 PM, jimjam.nyc said:

I have been following your posts on the Patton thread and I am happy to hear you say this. I am feeling kinda bummed because I placed an order for the Patton a while ago and it's arriving next month and I went for it because it was meant to be the highest quality 16" wheel out there but there are some design decisions and quality issues that make me sad for my choice.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, carlitos said:

I went for it because it was meant to be the highest quality 16" wheel out there but there are some design decisions and quality issues that make me sad for my choice.

I believe it is early yet for this remorse.

Overall, I believe Leaper Kim will most likely win out. I doubt Extreme Bull can catch up this fast. Something negative in the Mini will be discovered later in time, I predict. 

In any case, which wheel do you believe will have higher build quality than the Patton?

The Extreme may give the Patton a run for its money. However, the sliders on the Extreme is a question mark for me.

Inmotion Adventure could be a legitimate challenger to the Patton, but that is a 2024 fight.

Edited by techyiam
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, carlitos said:

I have been following your posts on the Patton thread and I am happy to hear you say this. I am feeling kinda bummed because I placed an order for the Patton a while ago and it's arriving next month and I went for it because it was meant to be the highest quality 16" wheel out there but there are some design decisions and quality issues that make me sad for my choice.

These wheels are getting so close in performance and build, that it really comes down to the small things that you want in the wheel or company making the wheel.

I honestly think you cant go wrong, other than listening to people who root for only one company (or are sponsored by one company), or Unless you have some specific use case that 1 wheel fits.

You will love your Patton. I think with all wheels there may be some things you need to pay attention to or double check, but don't stress over things breaking on a wheel that is getting pushed to its limits 100% of the time. Most of us are not using these wheels like that.

so far everything I have seen on the patton demos and even on my own wheel are minor things (that honestly shouldn't happen) but fortunately are very easy to solve.

All wheels still to this day need to be maintained every so often.. So there is no getting around that anyway!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, techyiam said:

Overall, I believe Leaper Kim will most likely win out. I doubt Extreme Bull can catch up this fast. Something negative in the Mini will be discovered later in time, I predict. 

In any case, which wheel do you believe will have higher build quality than the Patton?

The Extreme may give the Patton a run for its money. However, the sliders on the Extreme is a question mark for me.

Inmotion Adventure could be a legitimate challenger to the Patton, but that is a 2024 fight.

No negative predictions for the Patton but negative predictions for the Mini. Interesting bias😉. The fastace suspension is second to none though i bottomed out on the Patton and not on the Mini.

The Mini has an exceptional build quality and is faster than the Patton. Only the Extreme can potentially beat them all but this remains to be seen when real units show up.

Edited by Ronin Ryder
  • Like 2

On 7/28/2023 at 11:50 AM, Ronin Ryder said:

No negative predictions for the Patton but negative predictions for the Mini. Interesting bias😉. The fastace suspension is second to none though i bottomed out on the Patton and not on the Mini.

Let me put what I said in context.

The Patton came out much earlier than its competitors because Leaper Kim created a new class of wheels, and so the other manufacturers got caught with their pants down. Immediately, after the Patton announcement, Extreme Bull leaked out the Commander Mini CGI images. Begode had to scramble quickly in order to leaked put the Extreme. But it took time to develop and mass produce these competing wheels. 

Since release, there have been some issues with the Patton but they have been addressed. On the other hand, the Commander Mini was only recently released, and there have not been enough time in owners' hands for anyone to draw a conclusion that there are no issues.

I said I believe that overall, the Patton would win out. I based this on each manufacturers' history and reputation. So, in order for this to happen, I would have to make a negative prediction for the Mini.

Eevees clearout all Extreme Bull inventory, and completely dropped the Extreme Bull brand, because they felt it was more trouble than it's worth. And if I was not mistaken, there waa chatter that ewheels had asked Extreme Bull to assemble their wheels in Begode's facilities. 

So far, people who have rode the Mini had said good things about it. And look at the price. So yeah, it is appealing.  But it does have the Master underpinnings.

I noticed in your reviews and others that everybody say it isn't as stable as the bigger wheels. 

In your experience, how would you rate the stability, and planted feel between the Mini, Patton, S22 and the Master while riding at a speed around 70 km/h?

Thanks.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

On 7/28/2023 at 10:31 AM, techyiam said:

On 7/28/2023 at 1:06 PM, jimjam.nyc said:

These wheels are getting so close in performance and build, that it really comes down to the small things that you want in the wheel or company making the wheel.

I honestly think you cant go wrong, other than listening to people who root for only one company (or are sponsored by one company), or Unless you have some specific use case that 1 wheel fits.

You will love your Patton. I think with all wheels there may be some things you need to pay attention to or double check, but don't stress over things breaking on a wheel that is getting pushed to its limits 100% of the time. Most of us are not using these wheels like that.

so far everything I have seen on the patton demos and even on my own wheel are minor things (that honestly shouldn't happen) but fortunately are very easy to solve.

All wheels still to this day need to be maintained every so often.. So there is no getting around that anyway!

Thank you, guys, for this. This is exactly what I needed to hear.

Can't wait for my Patton to arrive. I wish I lived closer to a dealer where I could test drive all the wheels before buying.