Commander Mini (2400Wh 50E, 134V, 16in tire/12in rim, 40kg/88lb, 3200W C38 motor, suspension, speakers)

5 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

It seems to be the trend to *** on youtubers, as I regularly see that narrative here and there online. No one forces anyone to watch these reviews. If i were to get a Patton id get 66lbs. I bottomed it out easily.  Glad you didn’t. I do buy 70% of the wheels i review as well (used to be 100%). So there are reviewers that do give advices based on their purchase too. This is not an exclusivity to anonymous posters on this forum. But the side effect of purchase based reviews is that some tend to be biased too due to purchase decision comforting matters. So buy based reviews aren’t excluded from issues too.

I did buy a Commander mini since a Month+. Daily active rides, fine tuning the suspension settings, not testing briefly someone else’s wheel for 10-20min or hearing rumors. The suspension works fine.

You provided a data point.

Casey provided another data point.

So did 2cells1pack.

I welcome all data points, especially ones that include good details. That is how it works.

If someone bought one and makes a video to share his or her experiences on it, that is great.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Hello guys,

I have just received my commander min, i turn it on with the right button, the wheel doesn't keep the balance.

Anybody knows why ?

And what the function of the left button ?

Do you know how to setup the suspension because there's no manual in the box.

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, nguymin said:

Hello guys,

I have just received my commander min, i turn it on with the right button, the wheel doesn't keep the balance.

Anybody knows why ?

And what the function of the left button ?

Do you know how to setup the suspension because there's no manual in the box.

Thanks.

The wheel might be in transport mode.

10 minutes ago, nguymin said:

Thanks Paradox for the solution.

So the left button is just used to enter and exit the transport mode ?

Do you know what is the instruction to setup the suspension.

I would not use the left button at all. 

Just take it out of transport mode and don't press it again.
There has been reports of blown boards on wheels using the lift switch button.  I do not have info on suspension setup.

Edited by Paradox

I've ridden the mini for a month and a half now. Just update to the latest firmware (you can use EUC world I believe, I can't remember right now what I used) and you'll have tilt back. I know because I accidentally set it to 15km/h and it was tilting back on me as soon as I started going before I realized what was wrong. Also in my experience the suspension is great (points of comparison : Master, EX30). You just have to use the adjusting knobs on top of the suspension rod and also the wrench that is included with the mini to adjust the underlying bolt shaped ring). Be aware that both suspensions rod have to be adjusted the same and to do so you have to use the same numbers of clockwise or anti clockwise rotations from either starting points, be it max or min in both cases, knob and bolt shaped ring.

After a bit of adjusting and updating to the latest firmware, my favorite wheel ever for commuting (and that's after 4000km on the EX30 north to south of Vietnam, EX30 being formidable in its own right). I just hope it stays reliable. Great suspension. Adjusting compression and rebound damping did make quite a big difference in my case. You can easily compare between settings when knobs and ring are rotated to the maximum at either end of the spectrum.

Edited by Nekko
  • Like 1

Thanks for the update on how this wheel performs and the build quality!

I did not hear about any problems with these type of shocks from the commander pro or the mini…

I had the Patton and my shocks started leaking really fast and the overall build quality was ok but for the price of the mini I’m curious how it will perform and feel in real life!

I will receive the wheel next week so…

I will update my feelings and overall experience of the wheel also in this topic…

I ride 90% off-road trails so let’s see how it holds up! For the price of 2300€ it is a good deal I think!

I will lose abit of torque compared to the Patton but i think that will be no issue off-road as it is hard to keep the power down to the ground when climbing steep hills…

Have fun & Ride a lot

Robin 

I heard about shocks leaking problems on the first batch of the commander pro, which It seems has since been solved. It was the reason I ended up getting the Ex30 for Vietnam despite the fact that it was more expensive. I'm glad I did in retrospect because the Ex30 is awesome. The acceleration was very useful to keep up with the circulation in some situations.

No leak on the suspension of the mini so far and I find the build quality not just good but great irrespective of the relatively lower price.

Edited by Nekko

Hi FarkyJ,

Have commuted under rain a couple of time (about 45 mn commute), no problem. Haven't had the opportunity to test heavy rainfall yet but given my past experience and seeing how the wheel is built, I would say there are very few if any weak point and they can easily be remedied, which I haven't even bothered to do seeing the build quality (in the case of my first batch Master, I siliconed the battery cases as a point of reference). The design is such that I haven't seen any obvious weak point for the water to get in. Maybe the bearings but you can fairly easily apply marine grease (I did to my Master,  might do it to the mini before winter).

Yes, velcro I did replace Lol and pads I use are my preferred pads, I threw the included pads away but then again I did the same with other wheels.

On 10/10/2023 at 5:13 AM, nguymin said:

Someone rides seated, i try to find a chair on Ali like the Patton but i can't find anything.

The wheel is not so popular like the Patton to find a chair.

@euc.crazy on insta for a seat. I get mine from him today. Mine is the low profile black and blue one for the cmini... cheers!

5 hours ago, the_EUC_Noob said:

@euc.crazy on insta for a seat. I get mine from him today. Mine is the low profile black and blue one for the cmini... cheers!

Hello EUC_Noob can you show us a picture of your seat for the mini, so we can see how it looks like. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

A little update on the waterproofing of the Mini : have ridden it for about an hour under very heavy rain to heavy rain the other day and no problem whatsoever. One odd thing though : my Mini only charges up to 132,9V and I haven't been able to charge it higher with the stock charger so far (haven't tried with another charger). Voltage as measured by Darkness bot and EUCworld.

Edited by Nekko

1 hour ago, Nekko said:

A little update on the waterproofing of the Mini : have ridden it for about an hour under very heavy rain to heavy rain the other day and no problem whatsoever. One odd thing though : my Mini only charges up to 132,9V and I haven't been able to charge it higher with the stock charger so far (haven't tried with another charger). Voltage as measured by Darkness bot and EUCworld.

Probably someone's hand / screwdriver slipped on the OP voltage tuning pot in the charger as they finished adjusting it ! Measure the voltage coming out of the charger in the first instance (being very careful not to touch probes obviously) and if that is low too, you can tweak it back up again if you feel up to working with an open, powered charger.

Or you can just leave it - it's no biggie, and you only lose maybe a mile or 2 from total range if it is that fractionally under the full 134.4V. TBH, even if you do get it to 134.4 and turn it on to 'warm up' before getting ride-ready, it's probably down to 133 or so while you faff about getting armoured up, before you've even left the house ! My Master only goes up to 133.6 these days, which is also nothing to worry about, and to be expected after a year of daily use. If yours does it from new, however that is likely to be low charger voltage. What it probably isn't is 'battery problems'.

Edited by Cerbera