Extremebull Commander Pro (134.4v,3600wh,suspension)

Greg X

15 hours ago, MrMonoWheel said:

It seems the only reason they chose the Sherman S is because it's 134v and these guys spend a ton of time at high speeds. 

Do you mean they chose the Com Pro over the Sherman S because the former is 134v?

16 hours ago, MrMonoWheel said:

It seems the only reason they chose the Sherman S is because it's 134v and these guys spend a ton of time at high speeds. 

After a very brief run up and down a parking lot, Dawn's first impression was that she would choose the Commander Pro over the Sherman-S, mainly because she felt the Sherman-S is twichy.

Whereas, Roger preferred to ride the Sherman-S over the Commander Pro if it wasn't for the way Leaper Kim implemented the top speed boost in the Sherman-S. Roger said he personally doesn't trust the Sherman-S for going fast, which Roger said he loves to do. So, he said he will buy the Commander Pro over the Sherman-S because of this.

And me thinks Marty will say he will prefer which ever wheel that will get him more wheels to test. 🙂   (I think this means he can't hate the wheel he is testing.)

Pertaining to 134V, Marty said he knows of no 100V wheel that can outperform 134V wheels. So that could imply acceleration, braking, as well as top speed.

I am interested in 134V or higher motor drive system, but there is a limit as to how much I am willing to trade off with other critical areas to get the higher voltage.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Looking to buy an EUC and have been looking around, emailed a few resellers about the upcoming Commander Pro and received an interesting response from eevee:

We will not be carrying the EB Commander Pro. It is a very poor quality product that is not finished and already has major voltage and charging issues. We are trying very hard to curate a smaller collection of high-quality products that we trust and can offer to our customers.

Thoughts on possible quality issues with the EBCP? eWheels says they've been working with Begode with feedback on improvements, I really wish there was a more in-depth detailed review more than Marty's brief video of others comparing it to the Sherman S.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ovtlvw said:

Looking to buy an EUC and have been looking around, emailed a few resellers about the upcoming Commander Pro and received an interesting response from eevee:

Thoughts on possible quality issues with the EBCP? eWheels says they've been working with Begode with feedback on improvements, I really wish there was a more in-depth detailed review more than Marty's brief video of others comparing it to the Sherman S.

It may be that EVEE’s have taken a long hard look at what works best, for their own business model and for the overall benefit of their customers; if they feel that a particular wheel does not stack up in terms of saleability:reliability:’warrantability’, the latter meaning how much problems they’re likely to encounter by standing behind and offering after sales service to what is basically a bad bag of bolts and wires - if the wheel spells headaches and trouble, and extra work, then why not simply avoid all that trouble, both for themselves and for their customers? It’s not as if would be EBCP users can’t buy them elsewhere (including direct from China), and leave such people to figure it out for themselves, or delegate the headaches to their dealer.    There ain’t much good business in bad business. Look at the issues that several wheels have thrown up (especially in the last eighteen months or so), there’s enough problems in life without looking to take on even more, especially where these are either known or can more or less be readily predicted, and ask yourself: ‘If I were running an EUC dealership, would I want to be selling good quality and reliability, or quantity but with high likelihood of warranty issues arising, the latter that I’m obliged to deal with?

Just a thought, and one which may not even be close.

Edited by Freeforester

1 minute ago, Freeforester said:

It may be that EVEE’s have taken a long hard look at what works best, for their own business model and for the overall benefit of their customers; if they feel that a particular wheel does not stack up in terms of saleability:reliability:’warrantability’, the latter meaning how much problems they’re likely to encounter by standing behind and offering after sales service to what is basically a bad bag of bolts and wires - if the wheel spells headaches and trouble, and extra work, then why not simply avoid all that trouble, both for themselves and for their customers? It’s not as if would be EBCP users can’t buy them elsewhere (including direct from China), and leave such people to figure it out for the,selves, or delegate the headaches to their dealer.    There ain’t much good business in bad business. Look at the issues that several wheels have thrown up (especially in the last eighteen months or so), there’s enough problems in life without looking to take on even more, especially where these are either known or can more or less be readily predicted, and ask yourself: ‘If I were running an EUC dealership, would I want to be selling good quality and reliability, or quantity but with high likelihood of warranty issues arising, the latter that I’m obliged to deal with?

Just a thought, and one which may not even be close.

From what I've seen in terms of quality of a package for recent EUCs the InMotion V13 is the best built, followed by the King Song S22 (with the Pro release soon), and Begode & Veteran having issues with their models as of late (seeing lots of issues with the Sherman S with poor build quality and things breaking that shouldn't). It's a shame the V13 has so many nanny "features" and a poor range compared to competitors or I would spring for it in a heartbeat. I'm hoping the EBCP is a decent alternative to the Sherman S with a better build quality though it seems Begode has a bad reputation.

I hear you, though personally I’d never consider the S22, simply because of too many design issues and the fundamental suspension problems, though I’ve no doubt it has adherents. You have the advantage in terms of what you’ve heard about Sherman S build quality issues, I’ve not been privy to such information as yet, but if build issues are a ‘thing’, then the entire Begode and EB lineup are going to freak you out, they aren’t exactly going through a particularly golden age of reliable products, eg the design constraints of the Master suggest that it won’t be too easy to fix the 4B: Begode Bent Bridge Bungle, where basically speaking the key component of the rigidity within their system ( - shared among several other models in their line-up) is made of too poor spec material, and machined to ‘formula AVS’ levels of durability (ie beyond the duration of the race, all bets are off). That is either going to be a replacement with a better quality alloy (costly) or a different more durable material - a tacit admission that they bungled at the design stage, and followed on through production.

There’s a whole year of pain -and more- of reading for you in the Begode Master and T4 pages, but I’ll certainly be on the look for the Sherman S issues you allude to, as I’ve just ordered one myself.

Edited by Freeforester
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Freeforester said:

I hear you, though personally I’d never consider the S22, simply because of too many design issues and the fundamental suspension problems, though I’ve no doubt it has adherents. You have the advantage in terms of what you’ve heard about Sherman S build quality issues, I’ve not been privy to such information as yet, but if build issues are a ‘thing’, then the entire Begode and EB lineup are going to freak you out, they aren’t exactly going through a particularly golden age of reliable products, eg the design constraints of the Master suggest that it won’t be too easy to fix the 4B: Begode Bent Bridge Bungle, where basically speaking the key component of the rigidity within their system is made of too poor spec material, and machined to ‘formula AVS’ levels of durability (ie beyond the duration of the race, all bets are off). That is either going to be a replacement with a better quality alloy (costly) or a different more durable material - a tacit admission that they bungled at the design stage, and followed on through production.

There’s a whole year of pain -and more- of reading for you in the Begode Master and T4 pages, but I’ll certainly be on the look for the Sherman S issues you allude to, as I’ve just ordered one myself.

Check out this, there are some questionable design choices (the pedal mechanism, difficulty in dropping the motor versus the V13 which takes less than five minutes) along with parts of the metal base breaking off (kickstand mounting point cracked off). There was a review too where the owner did a full disassembly too

23 hours ago, techyiam said:

After a very brief run up and down a parking lot, Dawn's first impression was that she would choose the Commander Pro over the Sherman-S, mainly because she felt the Sherman-S is twichy.

Whereas, Roger preferred to ride the Sherman-S over the Commander Pro if it wasn't for the way Leaper Kim implemented the top speed boost in the Sherman-S. Roger said he personally doesn't trust the Sherman-S for going fast, which Roger said he loves to do. So, he said he will buy the Commander Pro over the Sherman-S because of this.

And me thinks Marty will say he will prefer which ever wheel that will get him more wheels to test. 🙂   (I think this means he can't hate the wheel he is testing.)

Pertaining to 134V, Marty said he knows of no 100V wheel that can outperform 134V wheels. So that could imply acceleration, braking, as well as top speed.

I am interested in 134V or higher motor drive system, but there is a limit as to how much I am willing to trade off with other critical areas to get the higher voltage.

That initial first impression video of the CP with Marty was not very informative and not much stuff to gather off of it. We need a more in-depth analysis for a better idea of the wheel

8 minutes ago, BKW said:

That initial first impression video of the CP with Marty was not very informative and not much stuff to gather off of it. We need a more in-depth analysis for a better idea of the wheel

Marty's FB post earlier in this thread said he really liked it, and performance-wise it blew the V13 out of the water. I agree though an in-depth walk-around of the unit would be great rather than the random small clips here and there

20 minutes ago, ovtlvw said:

Marty's FB post earlier in this thread said he really liked it, and performance-wise it blew the V13 out of the water. I agree though an in-depth walk-around of the unit would be great rather than the random small clips here and there

Pretty sure eevees is doing a break down of the Commander Pro (pretty sure they mentioned in the V13 break down video they would do that). That should answer all questions related to the inner build quality of the CP

Edited by BKW

2 hours ago, ovtlvw said:

Ahhhh, this frustrates me! WHY can't begode just make a product that is of better quality? I just don't understand it. If they did they would sell MORE products. I really want this wheel to be successful.

But, will have to wait and see I guess. If it is indeed the case that eevees does not want to sell the wheel, then I agree with freeforester the reason is because warranty issues and hassles due to the high likelihood of poor build quality

I'm kind of getting mixed reviews on this though. Marty I think genuinely likes it, but now eevees i guess is saying the quality is very poor? Others that have ridden it early have said they enjoy it and the suspension is good... too many mixed reviews right now

Edited by BKW

10 minutes ago, BKW said:

Ahhhh, this frustrates me! WHY can't begode just make a product that is of better quality? I just don't understand it. If they did they would sell MORE products. I really want this wheel to be successful.

But, will have to wait and see I guess. If it is indeed the case that eevees does not want to sell the wheel, then I agree with freeforester the reason is because warranty issues and hassles due to the high likelihood of poor build quality

I'm kind of getting mixed reviews on this though. Marty I think genuinely likes it, but now eevees i guess is saying the quality is very poor? Others that have ridden it early have said they enjoy it and the suspension is good... too many mixed reviews right now

Yeah why I'm really confused. The video of the guy in France made it seem like a decent package but eevee's statement and Begode's history is concerning

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MrMonoWheel said:

From what I have seen in videos and from discussion is that so far the commander pro's build quality is typical begode hidden behind a magnesium alloy shell. The suspension is better than anything Begode has released in the past as well as being better than the V13, but not quite as good as the Sherman S which makes sense if Begode was just trying to copy the Sherman S's design. What bothered me is how just the outer shell layer is magnesium alloy but everything behind it is plastic (battery boxes, etc), whereas on the Sherman S the entire side sections as well as the top are made from structural thick magnesium alloy. It makes me feel like Begode just made the outer layer metal so they can say "Hey look! We did it too!". The wheel looks unfinished. 

Keep in mind just because I have a Sherman S doesn't mean I am biased towards it, Ill happily call it a piece of trash if it becomes one :D

The EBCP uses a different hydraulic suspension setup versus the Sherman S (where the rods handle two different tasks). I'm curious to know how that affects the ride. Reading reviews and teardowns of the Sherman S left a lot to be desired (at least for me) and it seems people are more forgiving of it's shortcomings simply because of the hydraulics

Edited by ovtlvw

8 minutes ago, ovtlvw said:

The EBCP uses a different hydraulic suspension setup versus the Sherman S (where the rods are handle two different tasks). I'm curious to know how that affects the ride. Reading reviews and teardowns of the Sherman S left a lot to be desired (at least for me) and it seems people are more forgiving of it's shortcomings simply because of the hydraulics

There are a couple short-comings with the SS: the pedals and the trolley handle. These can be relatively expensive to fix/replace. The Commander Pro doesn't have these issues (although, the trolley handle looks very short imo). Also, I feel if the CP crashes the ergonomics of the wheel is superb in that nothing extraneous looks like it'll break off, which I REALLY like about it -- maybe the break light, but you can add bumpers to that to protect it I think.

Yes, too many questions yet left unanswered with the Commander Pro. Personally, I am not convinced yet that the wheel is of such poor quality that it is in the "not worth selling due to quality" category. However, we did see that video of the French rider getting the Commander Pro with incompatible charging pins and charger! Oh begode....

Edited by BKW
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BKW said:

However, we did see that video of the French rider getting the Commander Pro with incompatible charging pins and charger! Oh begode....

Literally LOL'd when I read the translation watching the video. I'm still heavily leaning to the EBCP, will probably pull the trigger unless I hear something bad soon

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mars Bless said:

Man i take what them eevees dudes say with a healthy grain of salt. Especially since they continued to push and sell the Abrams, S22s and V12s when they were having major issues. That's just me tho.

Yeah I read some of how they've interacted with the community, was a bit sketchy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BKW said:

too many mixed reviews right now

I agree and it makes it hard to get a read on what the wheel will be like. I've spoken to Eevees and even though they aren't going to sell the CP (at least for the time being) I'm going to demo the wheel anyway and report back whatever findings I think will be relevant to potential buyers. I'm assuming their demo CP is in the same container as my Sherman S which will hopefully arrive in approximately 2 weeks time. I'm like most of you here, I hope the CP and EX30 will be a leap in quality from previous Begode offerings. Competition in the EUC world is a good thing for consumers.

• Like 2