Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

6 minutes ago, techyiam said:

You guys are the unsung heroes.

Hopefully the hall sensor related issue is not wide spread.

Haha thanks. I'm hoping to report back to everyone that the wheel works fine without issue. We will see.....🙃

2 hours ago, WILSONEUC said:

Question is ......BUY NOW....or buy later ?

That's a silly question. BUY NOW. There will always be something that might be marginally or even substantially better… and it will be coming soon.

According to Jason's email posted here, Leaper Kim shipped out 300 units. Then another 50 units to eWheels. 

eWheels' batch of 50 should be in the wild now. And I suspect EEVEES first batch should be is out too. And two reported hall senser related cases so far. 

The second batch should be about the same except for the wheel bearings, I believe.

After the second batch owners have put some mileage on them, we should have a better idea of the situation. 

10 minutes ago, Zach N said:

As for the pedal and pads: the pedals aren't a perfect fit and the scrape the inner shock cover, but the stock ones did this as well.

Could you post a pic about this issue?  This is the first time I have heard of it.

20 hours ago, wstuart said:

So is a hall sensor problem something that would only whow up in the first 10 miles?......1 mile?....... 30 miles?

I'm sort of comforted by the fact that the Facebook cutout occurred at 9 miles...... supporting that this is a problem that happens in the beginning of a wheel's life. 

My Sherman S came with 2 miles testing on the odometer- which I appreciated.

Knowing you had a Gotway EX before....i want to ask how you like the SS compared? Clearly the Suspension is far superior and so is the Topspeed but whats with the other things like accelerating,  torque  handling 

5 hours ago, Zach N said:

I want to teach my wife to ride, but she can never hope to ride even the SS with her build. This shouldn't be a sport for just bigger, and typically male riders.

There are many lighter weight riders, also a female that can use this wheel. And other heavy wheels too. When it comes to breaking, have you noticed that there is actually breaking assistant? The pedals will tilt slightly up if you hard break. This is in many other wheels too. Marty Backe had a recent video where they just casually do this, hard break and talk about the "breaking assist". There are also settings you can go through, and you don't need as heavy leans to get same results. "SS" is maybe not a best wheel to start learning, but if your wife wants, she could learn to master it or other heavier wheels. 

Like for most of us, a heavier wheel will be clumsy at start, not easiest start. Learning with nimble wheel and transfering that to heavy wheel tends to work much faster.

6 hours ago, Zach N said:

I want to teach my wife to ride

If she is keen to learn then I'd suggest buying a cheaper 2nd hand wheel, one that isn't too big or heavy. Once she has learnt to ride that you can then look at what sort of wheel she would like to progress to and sell the cheap wheel for similar money to what it cost you. If she wants to go on to a suspension wheel then maybe something like an S22 or a T4 or if there is a new 16" suspension wheel coming out from Veteran or Inmotion then they could be worth considering.

You could let her try out the Sherman S after she has learned to ride, but she may not like something that heavy and prefer to consider a wheel that is a more comfortable size/weight for her.

22 minutes ago, Tasku said:

There are many lighter weight riders, also a female that can use this wheel.

I agree there are some very impressive riders out there. My wife is lucky to break 100 lbs tho and she can't pick the sherman s up from a lay down. I was looking at a used s18 a local rider us selling pretty cheap. If she get the hang of it the T4 or S22 are strong options, but that is prolly a year out... if she even takes to riding 😆 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Zach N said:

I was looking at a used s18 a local rider us selling pretty cheap.

That would be a great way to try out riding because an S18 should be fairly decent as a learner wheel and if it is pretty cheap then it isn't much to spend and you could probably sell it later for a similar price.  I'd recommend buying it and teaching your wife to ride, see how she likes riding and worry about what wheel to get later if she is keen to get a better wheel and keep riding.  For now just get the cheap wheel and see how things go.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wstuart said:

What's also disappointing is that I'm having a hard time maintaining skills on both wheels.  Yesterday I rode my EX and 16x.  When I got back on my SS today it felt like starting over.  I'm hoping I will develop the skill to ride both wheels.  I might however need to pick one style of riding and stick with it.  

I know what you mean. I heard eventually, the readjustment time reduces to almost nothing. But this could take a long time.

I have this problem with the T3 and the V12.

Surprisingly, I can switch between the V12 and the Abrams with almost no readjustment. This is hard to believe, but that is what it is. Going back to the T3 is a pain in the butt, though.

But the T3 served itself well as a learner's wheel. No regrets.

Regarding wind, the T3 is not very good, the V12 is so so, and the Abrams is by far the best. Very surprised that the Sherman-S did not do better in the wind, considering its weight and 20" wheel size (it's almost 100 lbs. same weight as the Abrams).

Edited by techyiam

3 hours ago, wstuart said:

What's also disappointing is that I'm having a hard time maintaining skills on both wheels.  Yesterday I rode my EX and 16x.  When I got back on my SS today it felt like starting over.  I'm hoping I will develop the skill to ride both wheels.  I might however need to pick one style of riding and stick with it. 

Try and include all your wheels into your riding rotation. I will rotate between the Sherman S, V11, and Mten4 just so I don't forget how to ride each of them. They are all fun in their own kind of way, especially the Mten4!

Edited by Clem604

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

I know what you mean. I heard eventually, the readjustment time reduces to almost nothing. But this could take a long time.

I have this problem with the T3 and the V12.

Surprisingly, I can switch between the V12 and the Abrams with almost no readjustment. This is hard to believe, but that is what it is. Going back to the T3 is a pain in the butt, though.

But the T3 served itself well as a learner's wheel. No regrets.

Regarding wind, the T3 is not very good, the V12 is so so, and the Abrams is by far the best. Very surprised that the Sherman-S did not do better in the wind, considering its weight and 20" wheel size (it's almost 100 lbs. same weight as the Abrams).

You're right.  I went through a similar learning curve switching between my Sherman Max and V11...... eventually tw transition was easy and instant. 

• Like 1

Just now, wstuart said:

Anyway, I just got done doing my first trail ride with the new CNC pedals....... wow wow wow.  Having grip on the pedal gave me so much more confidence. 

Yeah they look great and I'm still considering them despite the price increase. I check Hulaj Market every day but they are taking their sweet time releasing the Nylonove pedals for the S.

10 hours ago, Paradox said:

Could you post a pic about this issue?  This is the first time I have heard of it.

Here is the pic. It might be hard to see, but there is a wear mark on the paint. I first I thought it was just the new pedal, but then when I took off the opposite side it looked like the stock pedals had been wearing at the same spot as well. It seems to be just enough to scratch the paint.

20230124_201143.thumb.jpg.507a236ca6cca9ae3ff4e4e276505124.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 1/21/2023 at 9:42 AM, Steve Evans said:

yes, strange. coming from a v12 (which is quite wobbly for me)...

I think wobbles has to do with the 16" wheels at higher speeds. I had that issue on my 16X. The good news is you'll learn how to feel when a wobble is about to start and readjust your footing and how to ride thru a wobble when it does happen. I rode OG Sherman for 2 years. Love the stock knobby tires, it gets more stable at higher speeds.

21 minutes ago, DragonFZ said:

I think wobbles has to do with the 16" wheels at higher speeds. I had that issue on my 16X. The good news is you'll learn how to feel when a wobble is about to start and readjust your footing and how to ride thru a wobble when it does happen. 

You got that right, I’ve had a couple close calls on my 16x, but power pads and learning better control habits seems to help you recognize when they first start so you can counter them.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2023 at 4:31 AM, Poker said:

So, if I buy this wheel will I be happy with it for at least 2 years?

The cost and weight is scaring me a bit, anyone had a high speed fall? Not necessarily top speed but like 60%+

I'm curious as to how it holds up tumbling down the street.

No a good idea as a learner wheel, due to the 100 lbs and pedal height. It is doable but harder. Some people get to a point of despair and give up.

Ideally, It is better to start on a non-suspension 16" to 20" wheel between 30 to 65 ish lbs.

"Will you be happy for 2 years..." No, no, no... my 1st wheel (16X) took 8 months and I started eyeing another wheel. My 2nd wheel (OG Sherman) did take 2 years, but I already had my pre-order in a year and 4 months ago. EUC market evolves too fast. After fully paying for my SS, I was already eyeing the Commander Pro.

"...high speed fall?"  Did that on my 16X at 31 mph. I was fully geared for the fall, no problem at all. Since getting the SS, I have upgraded to full motorcycle gear and knee brace level. Also I know how to fall, no rolling, just tuck my arms in and brace for impact. I have a hard shell backpack. Rarely need it, because I don't need to carry a charger. A fellow rider broke his ribs because he had a charger in a soft backpack.

"tumbling down"... no one knows till it happens on YouTube.

1 hour ago, DragonFZ said:

I think wobbles has to do with the 16" wheels at higher speeds. I had that issue on my 16X. The good news is you'll learn how to feel when a wobble is about to start and readjust your footing and how to ride thru a wobble when it does happen. I rode OG Sherman for 2 years. Love the stock knobby tires, it gets more stable at higher speeds.

I had a severe speed wobble on my RS that threw me off, it hurt but I had nothing worse than some scrapes and bruises.  I responded to that incident by slowing down my riding, later on as I gained more experience and got better and realising the wobbles were coming and then quelling those wobbles - that's when I felt OK going faster again.  A bit under 2 weeks ago my V12HT arrived, on my first ride it did feel more inclined to start the wobbles, but now 12 days after I got it I've ridden over 400km and I'm pretty comfortable at 50kph on it.

Once my Sherman S arrives (should be in about a week or so) then I'll get some kilometres on it and hopefully it will become comfortable to ride at speeds of up to 60 (or maybe even 70) kph.

7 hours ago, wstuart said:

I'm disappointed because the SS is not the stable high speed cruiser I was expecting to get (like the Sherman max I sold to get this).  I was hoping it would be rock solid and effortless above 30mph like my EX and Sherman maxbut it's just not.

Interesting. I honestly would have thought it felt like a slightly taller, slightly heavier Max.

Thanks for your views, good to have from someone who has ridden a fair few wheels, including the Max.