Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

42 minutes ago, Steve Evans said:

will using these glue-like products make it difficult for future disassembly?

Thats the problem with some of these decent sealants, same as Sikaflex 291i (flexible marine adhesive/sealant) they are tough as old boots. You will never pry anything apart, needs to be cut open. And then if you need to get any old stuff off to prepare the surfaces for re-sealing you have a mighty job on your hands.

So yes, whilst the mentioned sealants are utterly brilliant they are kinda permanent. Shame really cos nothing gets past them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Good point to mention, i was thinking around wires and such. It never really dawned on me someone might seal their v-11 aluminum mother board cover shut and never be able to get it open again.

It does make me wonder what Veteran used on some of the OG Shermans given how troublesome it was for some people to get the top covers off...!

Would gaskets not be better for places like the motherboard compartment, batteries, and even the motor covers? Anywhere with a flat surface with a cover.

You know, a rounded rubber gasket with an indent on both the main surface and the cover, which gets clamped down when tightening. This would create a good seal and is easily removed and reused, without the complications of sealant.

Edited by InfiniteWheelie

49 minutes ago, Funky said:

Oil up the surface little bit, before applying it.

I haven't tried that before. Interesting though.

Do you lose sealing effectiveness at all? I guess if the thing is not submerged, it should work.

Yeah I think I mentioned a while ago that I actually prefer silicone gasket maker vs shaped o rings and gaskets. When dealing with Chinese made products like these that often don't have the most consistent tolerances, the silicone gasket maker fills in any inconsistencies and is easy to replace. On something like the V13 I could see gaskets working well, that thing is built pretty tight.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

I haven't tried that before. Interesting though.

Do you lose sealing effectiveness at all? I guess if the thing is not submerged, it should work.

By oily surface i mean - apply any grease and then take it off with finger.. (Yes you applying and then taking it off. :D Some oil is left behind.) 

It would be almost the same effect as applying it on "clean" surface. It still fills all gaps, where water could get in, but same time it doesn't "stick" so well. (It still sticks somewhat to the surface, but much, much less than applying it on clean one..) Same effect as rubber gasket - but same time better, because it still "sticks" somewhat.. And being liquid form, it fills all small gaps.

I did this method for my motor covers. (I was inside my motor 2 times.) And i can say removing covers second time was way easier.. But still you could see the silicone all around the edge. (In between.) 

You mostly need to do it on one side only.. (So you could get it open easier.) Or if you want you can do both. The cover and rim/motor. (Doing both - you can remove old silicone easier..)

Edited by Funky
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Funky said:

By oily surface i mean - apply any grease and then take it off with finger.. (Yes you applying and then taking it off. :D Some oil is left behind.) 

It would be almost the same effect as applying it on "clean" surface. It still fills all gaps, where water could get in, but same time it doesn't "stick" so well. (It still sticks somewhat to the surface, but much, much less than applying it on clean one..) Same effect as rubber gasket - but same time better, because it still "sticks" somewhat.. And being liquid form, it fills all small gaps.

I did this method for my motor covers. (I was inside my motor 2 times.) And i can say removing covers second time was way easier.. But still you could see the silicone all around the edge. (In between.) 

You mostly need to do it on one side only.. (So you could get it open easier.) Or if you want you can do both. The cover and rim/motor. (Doing both - you can remove old silicone easier..)

For once I agree with Funky 😂. This does make it way easier to remove the parts, excellent tip.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Has anyone mounted a Michelin City Pro to their SS?   Curious to hear your thoughts on the ride for those of you who've done it! 

Got a City Pro for my OG Sherman but was extremely tempted to keep it in reserve for the SS (since the SS uses the exact same tyre as the OG) which I'm 90% sure I'll be buying later this year. 

Edited by Kamikaze_K

8 hours ago, MrMonoWheel said:

For once I agree with Funky 😂. This does make it way easier to remove the parts, excellent tip.

Omg is this (Insert number.) world miracle? This can't be true!!! Positive and Negative doesn't work!!! This does not compute! ErrOr. ErrOr.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Kamikaze_K said:

Has anyone mounted a Michelin City Pro to their SS?   Curious to hear your thoughts on the ride for those of you who've done it! 

Got a City Pro for my OG Sherman but was extremely tempted to keep it in reserve for the SS (since the SS uses the exact same tyre as the OG) which I'm 90% sure I'll be buying later this year. 

https://youtube.com/shorts/Wpi4Ukal38Q?feature=share

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Clem604 said:

I have a Michelin Pilot Street 2 in my garage waiting to go on the Sherman S immediately when it comes in. I will post an update on the ride when it has been installed.

I have the Michelin Pilot Street 1 on my V11 and I LOVE IT.

Same here. I have Pilot Street 2 for my OG Sherman. Tire arrived the day after I received my new motor. I couldn't wait, my OG Sherman was down for 2 months. Now, I'll have to decide if I am going to make my OG Sherman the backup street cruiser wheel or my SS a dedicated street cruiser. I do like the stock knobby tires.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Brahan Seer said:

Sherman S Crash... Link: 

image.thumb.jpeg.874a845d0c0a94046d0fea9cffabbd93.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c70dbd52334ef04037741a7ed429f380.jpeg

And people called the first gen V10F pedal structurally weak… there’s barely any material in that pedal! Replacing them ASAP is indeed a great idea. I hope the 2nd batch pedals are improved and significantly stronger.

2 hours ago, DragonFZ said:

Yeah... I am looking for Pedal options too. $239 plus shipping is really hard to justify.

If you wait a few weeks there will be plenty of original Sherman S pedals available.  Most will be upgrading them and will probably sell them.

• Upvote 1

I was watching "Fresly Charged", Jimmy Chang and Andrew's show. Can't shake this idea they had..

Sooo, one feature that would be super awesome on these HUGE battery pack wheels.. would be that I could get some power out, like for back-up power generation style.. I wonder when they gonna give some adapter piece that we could drain the batterys on common use, like using the wheel as backup power. I think people would buy that model, like.. alot. Sounds like such a easy feature to add, in my head atleast. Few wires and you could power some needs for the house should power go down briefly. I wonder if any of these wheels come with that option one day..