Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

40 minutes ago, Chester Copperpot said:

Of the 300 units worldwide there had been 2 reports of bearing issues. Not 2 out of 50.

+1

Also, Wrongway got his demo wheel from Jason. And that is why Jason knew early on that there were two bearings failures, and not one, before the video was out.

Even with the switching to a different bearings, I personally would not ride on salted road without first doing some effective weather proofing first.

Riding an out-of-the-box wheel on heavily salted roads has a very high odds of getting bearing failures.

Those bearings are not water proof, only maybe water resistance. All the packed snow in the wheel well increases the odds greatly of sea salty water get in once the wheel is indoors. 

Edited by techyiam

16 hours ago, lucaluca said:

While it could happen, for example, if the wheel came tumbling hard in an offroad downhill section and a pointy rock hit right at the spot where these wires are, the chance for this to happen is not that big. It is somewhat protected by the tire, the pedals and a very small bit of plastic cover.

Still, definitely not the best design and an exposed achilles heel in the right circumstances. The Begode plastic battery covers that are on some of their wheels, is also a potential failure point in a hard crash. The total surface area that is exposed on these Begode wheels is a lot bigger than on the Sherman S. So the Sherman S is not the worst i presume. 

Might not a small metal plate attached on the underside of the stand near the critical point potentially dissipate/mitigate the force of such an impact, at least for those daredevils considering such riding with this type of wheel design, and in such a potential scenario?     Prevention before cure, etc?

It’s good to consider these scenarios, thereafter one may decide to act or not, according to one’s own use case.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Steve Evans said:

fyi, this is an email i got from ewheels this morning:

Kudos to ewheels for this...

But overall, this is really showing me the importance of waiting out for future batches. My patience has doubled lately. And now that the CP is set to release in February, does this mean I wait until mid 2023 for new batches of the CP? Lol. Because no way in hell I'm buying a first batch begode wheel that's 4K -- that'll have to go through some refinement first

Edited by BKW
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, BKW said:

Kudos to ewheels for this...

But overall, this is really showing me the importance of waiting out for future batches. My patience has doubled lately. And now that the CP is set to release in February, does this mean I wait until mid 2023 for new batches of the CP? Lol. Because no way in hell I'm buying a first batch begode wheel that's 4K -- that'll have to go through some refinement first

What's CP?

1 minute ago, wstuart said:

What's CP?

Commander Pro

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, wstuart said:

What's CP?

Copy & Paste :whistling:

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Clem604 said:

I just saw on the Eevees website that my batch 2 may come a month earlier than expected

The only mention I can find is for March for the batch 2, when you select the options. When I asked them to hold my order for a batch 2 at the end of November, they were saying March. 

Did you see another reference stating February? 

Edited by Patrick Robert

15 minutes ago, Patrick Robert said:

The only mention I can find is for March for the batch 2, when you select the options. When I asked them to hold my order for a batch 2 at the end of November, they were saying March. 

ewheels are saying batch 2 is likely to ship from their facility in less than 2 weeks in an email i got from them yesterday

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Patrick Robert said:

Looks like they have modified the webpage since this morning but the dates for the drop down menu's have changed as well. Before they modified the page it said batch 1 estimated 1st week of Jan. while batch 2 was February. There is conflicting information on the website but Eevees said that the 1st batch will be here within the week.

Either way I don't think it will be a long time before everyone who ordered either batch to get their wheels. It seems like other retailers are getting batch 2's in relatively soon.

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Clem604 said:

Either way I don't think it will be a long time before everyone who ordered either batch to get their wheels. It seems like other retailers are getting batch 2's in relatively soon.

March was and is fine for me anyway. The roads are way too dirty and salty in Québec. Would be sooo hard to not take it out. Having fun on my new Abrams in the meantime 🤙

Definitely no rush for me. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Patrick Robert said:

March was and is fine for me anyway. The roads are way too dirty and salty in Québec. Would be sooo hard to not take it out. Having fun on my new Abrams in the meantime 🤙

Definitely no rush for me. 

Hey I'm with you, I don't mind getting it later either. The weather here won't get better until April/May usually. I'm having my tire swapped out immediately when Eevees receives their shipment so that should add another 3-7 days before I feel the need to take it out for a ride. Maybe I'll have them check things over and add silicone to wherever they can while the wheel is apart.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Clem604 said:

Hey I'm with you, I don't mind getting it later either. The weather here won't get better until April/May usually. I'm having my tire swapped out immediately when Eevees receives their shipment so that should add another 3-7 days before I feel the need to take it out for a ride. Maybe I'll have them check things over and add silicone to wherever they can while the wheel is apart.

Does eevees do waterproofing?! 

2 minutes ago, Hellkitten said:

Does eevees do waterproofing?! 

I remember a while back when I was looking at scooters, Bradley said they offered a service like that for the scooter I was looking at. I figure since the wheel is going to be disassembled for the tire change they might as well silicone any area's where water/dirt might have a chance of getting in.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MrMonoWheel said:

an ample amount of black silicone

I'm not sure if you are using straight silicone or not but silicone can shrink and pull away from surfaces. If you are trying to achieve a waterproof seal i would use 3M Marine Adhesive Sealant 5200. It has a far superior bond and waterproofing properties. If you are already using it....forget i said anything..:unsure:. If you have never used it before, don't get it on anything you don't want it permanently on including your skin, takes awhile to get it off. I usually mask the area you don't want it getting on before use.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

I'm not sure if you are using straight silicone or not but silicone can shrink and pull away from surfaces. If you are trying to achieve a waterproof seal i would use 3M Marine Adhesive Sealant 5200. It has a far superior bond and waterproofing properties. If you are already using it....forget i said anything..:unsure:. If you have never used it before, don't get it on anything you don't want it permanently on including your skin, takes awhile to get it off. I usually mask the area you don't want it getting on before use.

5200 is great, I prefer the fast set, moisture cure product fyi.

• Like 1