V12 Cutout tracking

Richardo

41 minutes ago, Bruce_dubby said:

You and me both my friend. Just that I have the HT on pre-order and I just don't know if I should cancel.

Go with the rs high speed from ewheels .they give you the new begode spiked pedals ,mudgaurd,power pads and wrist guards for free ..the rs high speed has plenty of torque and I’m regularly hitting 70 kph on it ..I weigh 215 pounds without my gear so it can really handle a heavier rider .I’ve put 850km on mine the month I’ve had mine .it’s fucking awesome 😎🤘🏻

46 minutes ago, conecones said:

First EUC? Absolutely cancel. Only get a V12 if you have the money to buy another wheel that is actually proven reliable, or if you feel like riding EUC is not dangerous enough/too boring and want random cutouts to make your experience more interesting. :D

@meepmeepmayer

Yea, first wheel. But then cancel and get what? I was highly considering the Nik AR+ but when I watch people ride it, they always look so awkward when carving. Like they have to use all of their hips to turn it. Plus not a fan of the ufo/roomba look. The V12 just looks so nimble and zippy. Also, the wobbles on the Nik. I know people will say its attributed to rider skill but im not so convinced. I've heard people say its quite top heavy and the weight distribution is off. Also, its the only wheel i've ever heard referred to as the "Wobble monster", also the only one i've heard you actually have to adjust your foot stance to offset to ride. Shermax was the only other option I considered but I don't want to wait until July and dont think ill be going on 80+ mile rides. Plus Shermax maybe not so good for trails and not as nimble. The EXN's and RS's of the world aren't durable or waterproof enough for my liking. I'd also like some range. sigh, so I dunno. am I being too picky? lol. I also don't want a suspension wheel. 

Man, the V12 HT had all the things. Kickstand, adjustable pedals, lockpad, mudguard, speakers, decent for trails, zippy. This is very disappointing . As far I know, the issues with the HS are separate from the HT. They have 2 different boards. And supposedly the software issue that Wrong Way had has been fixed. Also, chooch has been really riding it. I just dunno. So waiting on input from others i guess.

Edited by Bruce_dubby

6 minutes ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:

Go with the rs high speed from ewheels .they give you the new begode spiked pedals ,mudgaurd,power pads and wrist guards for free ..the rs high speed has plenty of torque and I’m regularly hitting 70 kph on it ..I weigh 215 pounds without my gear so it can really handle a heavier rider .I’ve put 850km on mine the month I’ve had mine .it’s fucking awesome 😎🤘🏻

What about the waterproof, durability, and overheating issues?

15 minutes ago, Funky said:

I thought the issue of cutting out on V12 "HT" was fixed? By having upgraded motherboard? Was all that a lie?

15 minutes ago, Bruce_dubby said:

As far I know, the issues with the HS are separate from the HT. They have 2 different boards. And supposedly the software issue that Wrong Way had has been fixed. Also, chooch has been really riding it. I just dunno. So waiting on input from others i guess.

@Bruce_dubbyMaybe that is your answer and you can get your V12 HT! I genuinely don't know any longer if it has unfixed problems right now. Sorry if I have sounded the alarm over nothing. Maybe the HT issue is already solved. This discussion here seems to be mostly about the HS.

Does anybody know for sure the latest state of the V12 HT? Is it safe?

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bruce_dubby said:

Man, the V12 HT had all the things. Kickstand, adjustable pedals, lockpad, mudguard, speakers, decent for trails, zippy.

That's exactly what is so nice about it. You're completely right with your choice there.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bruce_dubby said:

What about the waterproof, durability, and overheating issues?

I don’t ride in the rain.and so far so good on durability and I haven’t noticed any overheating issues but temperatures have only been as high as high 80’s here in ohio so far this year and it’s not really fun to ride when it’s in the 90+degrees with full gear on.so when it’s over 90 during the day I’ll just ride at night cuz the 6000 lumen lights on the rs are awesome and light up the roads around me

1 minute ago, supercurio said:

In case your dealer is not responding yet (eWheels for @jimjam.nyc or others), it might be because they are waiting for answers from Inmotion.

However right now there's the Dragon Boat Festival holiday in China, June 3-5 so I expect not much will happen during then.

Talking with distributors, I observed that one (directly affected by issues) is getting some replies, answers, interactions and most others essentially none. The technical sales reps being overloaded despite getting help. I also noticed that when Inmotion doesn't know, they tend to be quiet.

And that tends to go all the way down to end customers also waiting.

I'm not sure every reseller on the planet got their replacement board for all V12 yet. In case they did 1:1 for each V12, some board failed or were damaged during installation, some died due to MOSFET isolation issues right after.
It means there is now a wait of ~1 month (I've heard, not official source) to get more boards to replace 100% of the V12 board.
Inmotion sent the replacement boards as early as possible following lockdown-related delays at their supplier and seemed to have ran out of board now - until the next batch.

Hopefully this message can serve as alternative, giving some answers or explanations to those who are waiting to hear back.

I appreciate all the info. I am trying not to be 100% negative about the situation. I know many of these distributors have their hands full right now. I get prioritizing those with busted wheels, but send out a communication letting the rest of the people who paid and are waiting know they aren't left in the dust. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bruce_dubby said:

@meepmeepmayer

Yea, first wheel. But then cancel and get what? I was highly considering the Nik AR+ but when I watch people ride it, they always look so awkward when carving. Like they have to use all of their hips to turn it. Plus not a fan of the ufo/roomba look. The V12 just looks so nimble and zippy. Also, the wobbles on the Nik. I know people will say its attributed to rider skill but im not so convinced. I've heard people say its quite top heavy and the weight distribution is off. Also, its the only wheel i've ever heard referred to as the "Wobble monster", also the only one i've heard you actually have to adjust your foot stance to offset to ride. Shermax was the only other option I considered but I don't want to wait until July and dont think ill be going on 80+ mile rides. Plus Shermax maybe not so good for trails and not as nimble. The EXN's and RS's of the world aren't durable or waterproof enough for my liking. I'd also like some range. sigh, so I dunno. am I being too picky? lol. I also don't want a suspension wheel. 

Man, the V12 HT had all the things. Kickstand, adjustable pedals, lockpad, mudguard, speakers, decent for trails, zippy. This is very disappointing . As far I know, the issues with the HS are separate from the HT. They have 2 different boards. And supposedly the software issue that Wrong Way had has been fixed. Also, chooch has been really riding it. I just dunno. So waiting on input from others i guess.

Just wait a few weeks let this current thing pan out, might still be good to get a V12 when we have all the facts, other than the mosfet crisis it's a very nice wheel.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just in update, I took the V12 apart and tested the mosfets and reinstalled it all over again. Im certainly getting better at it, However it’s still a process. Turned the wheel on and it balances, however if I lift it up for speed it’s very jerky. No lcd screen, no sounds, no lights no Bluetooth. I’m pretty sure I got a dud controller.
I’m waiting for Ewheels to get back to me.. I’m done I want to ship it to Inmotion or Ewheels for a fix. Tired of this nonsense.

• Sad 5
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

Just in update, I took the V12 apart and tested the mosfets and reinstalled it all over again. Im certainly getting better at it, However it’s still a process. Turned the wheel on and it balances, however if I lift it up for speed it’s very jerky. No lcd screen, no sounds, no lights no Bluetooth. I’m pretty sure I got a dud controller.
I’m waiting for Ewheels to get back to me.. I’m done I want to ship it to Inmotion or Ewheels for a fix. Tired of this nonsense.

When this theater is over, then all V12 owners should receive some form of 
compensation (from Inmotion) - not hardware no no,   cool cash! +6 hours or more spent disassembling, 
changing board, assembling, tests and re-disassembling - at least a $500 or more, less is not enough. 
I have not heard of anything as stupid as this since we once back in 1989 received approx.
10000 IO cards from China, where it turned out that one serial (8250) port was unstable.
A resistor had to be changed on the chip's leg number 7 .... good grief computer business at that time was...  wild west 

129233151_Annotation2022-06-03011935.jpg.8b32170caa47f93d90fd00e40ee12555.jpg

• Like 1

I’ll be receiving the new board next week. I guess it would be a waste of time exchanging the boards now. My V12 has been good so far and I want to keep it that way. I wonder if there was some way of knowing which boards were faulty, without installing it into the wheel, like a revision number on a chip or board, etc. 

As some people have already said, on paper, the V12 is a kickass wheel, which ticks all the boxes. It’s just a shame it’s being plagued with these faults. I hope it hasn’t been cursed, or maybe the opposition has an agent in InMotion and sabotaging the wheel😂. Apparently the V11 have been spooked with problems as well.

Edited by EUC Phenomenon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Just wait a few weeks let this current thing pan out, might still be good to get a V12 when we have all the facts, other than the mosfet crisis it's a very nice wheel.

I mean if I wait and cancel my preorder, then I run the risk of not getting one at all because they might be sold out until who knows when.

46 minutes ago, Bruce_dubby said:

I mean if I wait and cancel my preorder, then I run the risk of not getting one at all because they might be sold out until who knows when.

Risky business this is. When the S20 turned into a blowtorch and Master showed up as very promising, a bunch of people got out of line for the S20... and found a long line waiting for Master. Might be best to hang onto the preorder, at least it should come from the factory with the new board! Who knows, you might be riding before some of the batch1/2 people are able to get back on their wheels.

2 hours ago, Mrd777 said:

Does your old board still work? Maybe you can drop it back in and have a working wheel.

12 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

Risky business this is. When the S20 turned into a blowtorch and Master showed up as very promising, a bunch of people got out of line for the S20... and found a long line waiting for Master. Might be best to hang onto the preorder, at least it should come from the factory with the new board! Who knows, you might be riding before some of the batch1/2 people are able to get back on their wheels.

yea, I just wish i knew more or had some insight. I pretty sure they do have 2 different boards though

6 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

but as painful as this whole thing is, you have to laugh sometimes

That’s right. Maybe we might get a 3rd revision board this December, since it took Inmotion that much time to get the new board to us🤣. Sorry, I grew up watching Monty Python and I guess their sarcastic humour rubbed off on me. The whole thing is getting ridiculous.

On 6/1/2022 at 8:54 PM, adrianqbs said:

Anyways, the motherboard for my V12 has just been handed over to FedEx. 

Will be replacing both the boards together with my dealer once it arrives. Fingers crossed. 

Hope it's gonna be ready for next week's track day. 

https://www.sepangcircuit.com/ticketing/pev-open-day/pev-open-day-(1)

FedEx has created the shipping label and received the package. On the 31st. But they have not deigned to begin transporting it 🤷

7 hours ago, EUC Phenomenon said:

That’s right. Maybe we might get a 3rd revision board this December, since it took Inmotion that much time to get the new board to us🤣. Sorry, I grew up watching Monty Python and I guess their sarcastic humour rubbed off on me. The whole thing is getting ridiculous.

I'm guessing that the next V12 production will be using the same board as the V12 HT, with larger MOSFET.
The replacement board with TO-220 150V MOS would then be a limited run, in order to fit with the existing heatsink.

I could be wrong tho.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, jimjam.nyc said:

Does your old board still work? Maybe you can drop it back in and have a working wheel.

Yes it does, my plan is to reinstall it next week as I’m traveling… I’m hoping the daughter/ motherboard wasn’t damaged during all this. My wheel was functioning perfectly before this exchange, however the constant worry at speed that it’s going to let go was unnerving, so I welcomed the exchange. Ewheels is sending my information to Inmotion. Huge drag!

• Like 1

On 5/31/2022 at 3:26 PM, Mrd777 said:

Did we not have board failures on batch 1?

If you look at the spreadsheet, there were plenty of batch 1 failures. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NYiIfiteu3MBZpzgfT4YmSZ6WDRJiaMHYxqJSx2gks8/edit#gid=1020565145

Edited by Richardo
updated the sheet
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2