Inmotion V12 High Torque edition

Mango

18 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Based on my measurements and the tap and die size I used:

Metric steel socket head screw:  M5-0.8 x 14mm, Black Oxide finish, fully threaded, (optional: stainless steel)

Grade 5.8, 8.8 for strength

Length = 14mm

Socket head dimensions = 8mm diameter x 5.5mm height. Note that the head is recessed so the head cannot be much larger in diameter.

Nominal screw size = M5

Pitch of thread = 0.8 mm

Dam dude :thumbup:, If you going so far - you could even add weight. Could also specify the length, is it from head or the screw thread length?

Edited by Funky

2 hours ago, Funky said:

Could also specify the length, is it from head or the screw thread length?

The nominal length of a screw is the length of the portion of the screw that is screwed in, below the surface. In this case, since they are fully threaded, it would be just the thread length.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, techyiam said:

Based on my measurements and the tap and die size I used:

Metric, steel, Socket Head Cap screw:  M5-0.8 x 14mm, Black Oxide finish, fully threaded, (optional: stainless steel)

Grade 5.8, 8.8 for strength

Length = 14mm

Socket head dimensions = 8mm diameter x 5.5mm height. Note that the head is recessed so the head cannot be much larger in diameter.

Nominal screw size = M5

Pitch of thread = 0.8 mm

An example of screws that will not fit, but will come very close. They may look like they will fit but they may not. The reason is because the diameter of the socket head is 8.7mm. The diameter of the recess hole is 8.9mm. The diameter of the original screw 8.1mm.

https://www.amazon.com/12-9-Grade-Alloy-Steel-Quantity/dp/B08P1JVNYK/ref=sr_1_15?crid=2EO9G4JVLJQAD&keywords=m5-0.8+x+14mm&qid=1657052642&sprefix=M5-0.8+x+14%2Caps%2C151&sr=8-15

Thanks a lot ! Wasn't expecting that much information, you're the man !

But looking online, MOST M5x14 screws seem to have heads around 8.7-8.5mm. If these are too big to fit, seems hard to find one with a head as small as the original one (8.1mm as you said).

Edited by TiguriusRides

On 6/9/2022 at 10:13 PM, Jeph said:

You're right. I was indeed thinking of loctite addition to fix the issue but it is true that it would be harder to adjust pedal's hight afterwards. But still, it remains manageable, I am not sure we need to modify the height several times. Once the proper hight is found one can secure the screws, and before that, ensure that it is tight enough on a regular basis.

But yes. A first true disappointment for this wheel.

But, do people actually move the pedals about often? As you suggest,  I suspect that once someone has found a pedal height they like, they leave it there. 

For those who are buying a new V12 or just bought one, I recommend removing the pedal rods as soon as you can so that you can apply marine grease on it before they have a chance to seize inside there. Mine are seized, and I haven't bother to get them out yet. Every time I want to open up my V12, I have to remove the four pedal bolts on each side.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

For those who are buying a new V12 or just bought one, I recommend removing the pedal rods as soon as you can so that you can apply marine grease on it before they have a chance to seize inside there. Mine are seized, and I haven't bother to get them out yet. Every time I want to open up my V12, I have to remove the four pedal bolts on each side.

Spray WD-40 on it and leave over night. In the morning you can work on it like when new.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dani0809 said:

do we know if the next batch will be coming out anytime soon? is it worth waiting for the next improved batch, or should I just pull the trigger now if im not in a hurry?

Maybe wait until they find the grease gun in the factory?

2 hours ago, Dani0809 said:

do we know if the next batch will be coming out anytime soon? is it worth waiting for the next improved batch, or should I just pull the trigger now if im not in a hurry?

Waiting is hard, but if I would learn something from my bad 😞 experience with the V12 HS is better to wait a little bit than be sorry for a very-very long time 😢 

The new V12HT are arriving to the costumers, so very soon we will find out how good they are.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Paul g said:

Waiting is hard, but if I would learn something from my bad 😞 experience with the V12 HS is better to wait a little bit than be sorry for a very-very long time 😢 

The new V12HT are arriving to the costumers, so very soon we will find out how good they are.

Yeah, for 2500$ (which is kinda of a lot of money for me) I wanna make sure the batch will not have any issues and are solid. Think id wait another month before pulling the trigger if there are no more bad news with the v12 HT.

• Like 3

Where did that picture come from? It's not in the article you linked, and EcoDrift shows the new boards having different FETs than what are shown in your picture.

Edit: Ah, just the wrong link. It came from here: https://ecodrift-ru.translate.goog/2022/07/10/inmotion-v12-ht-razbiraem/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Edited by dycus
  • Like 1

On 7/11/2022 at 1:19 AM, JMX said:

Anyone else seeing Jitter at idle ?   (standstill) - after riding - doesn't do it on startup - otherwise working well

Yes, I have the same issue. A disturbing vibration standing still. I notice that it happens just moving backwards very slowly.

• Like 2

On 7/13/2022 at 6:17 PM, RagingGrandpa said:

Ecodrift finally tore into one... hello big FETs!  

It is very disappointing that Inmotion has left the historic 17 mm axle to their newest performance wheel. The intended use of this wheels calls for much beefier axle.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Jeph said:

I am stuck to 30 km/h speed because I need to adapt my technique to clear the wobbles out, but it is very stable, the tyre is great and absorbs everything, stock pedals are comfortable. I ride them in high stock position, this allow the wheel to balance easily to left and right, which could also be a reason for more wobbbles until I have practiced it enough.

Wobbles appart (which I think is only a matter of riding technique), I am very happy with this purchase so far !

Are the wobbles, the type that make your wheel oscillate side to side (roll), or twist left and right (yaw)?

What is your tire pressure? 

6 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Are the wobbles, the type that make your wheel oscillate side to side (roll), or twist left and right (yaw)?

I am not so sure but I think it is more like twisting because I very quickly lose control  if I do not break. The tyre pressure I have not measured it yet, I know I should have pump it up to my regular pressure but it is still the one I received out of the box. I only controled it by pinching the tyre and it felt ok enough.

1 minute ago, Jeph said:

I am not so sure but I think it is more like twisting because I very quickly lose control  if I do not break. The tyre pressure I have not measured it yet, I know I should have pump it up to my regular pressure but it is still the one I received out of the box. I only controled it by pinching the tyre and it felt ok enough.

So you are getting wobbles while accelerating, but not braking?

I recommend that you measure your tire pressure. It is important. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jeph said:

correct.

Then you are probably right about needing more experience. However, check that tire pressure, and start establishing a base line. Check back with the pressure.

You may want to try different feet positionings (feet even, feet staggered), as well as pinching the side if the wheel, and not. Also, a common technique is to constantly carve.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Jeph said:

correct.

I was getting wobbles on acceleration when I first got the wheel - Angle forward on the pedals really helped me (+2) - Sensitivity at 80% and 40/50 split is what Ive ended up with - great all round now (also heel flush with back, toes overhand 1-2inches)

Edited by JMX
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ian says it has "too much torque". 

Threw him off a few times as he couldn't hold on to the rock steady footplates, side pads are "essential". 

250km with no issues so far, guess we will have to wait until 500km/1000km reviews to see how reliable it is. 

• Like 2