Inmotion V12 High Torque edition

Mango

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

What does reinforced rim mean, I mean what is the purpose? Is the rim on the non-HT version not strong?

The rim on the HS version looks similar - might be the same as the 16X which is notoriously easy to bend/dent (although not too prone to cracking)

The rim on the HS is red! So it's stronger 😉

Cool way to differentiate both and pretty on point for off-road. It would be nice to hear how it was made different either in marketing material or from experts.

• Like 3

Very excited about this, would really like this to be a real thing and not a rumor or prototype that dies on the vine.

Not seeing preorders available anywhere yet or even info from any retailer. :unsure:

Cause I'm pretty much sold: knobby tire, torque wound motor, better MOSFETs, "stronger" rim. Still being highly water resistant? Should be about perfect for the trails up here in the PNW. 

Just don't understand why these Chinese companies don't have proper press releases and product announcements. Everything seems to be basically word of mouth. Never any info on "their" webpage.(which appears to be run and maintained by their distributer EUCO, which feels disingenuous to me, like learning about new Intel processors from Dell)

I expect they probably have much more info on the Chinese internet behind the Great Firewall, but these companies are exporting so many of them, its about time they put up some property documentation for the rest of the world.

These manufacturers need to start acting like they have faith in their products for these to get better mass market appeal. This being an "inside joke" has gone on long enough to be silly.

Edited by nosamplesplease
Damn autocorrect. Sigh....

15 hours ago, Euc juggler said:

Is this actually happening? Estimated release date?

Based on the Information I got directly from the Inmotion, the ETA would be after the CNY. So I expect that it would be ready in March, assuming the delivery time from China to other countries takes 2-4 weeks.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, supercurio said:

Probably a Chao Yang tire? Let's find it!

Do you think it's possible they are placing an 18x3inch tire in the shell? 

2 minutes ago, Paradox said:

Do you think it's possible they are placing an 18x3inch tire in the shell? 

Not possible.
It's either a 16x3.0, 16x2.75 or something in between.
The knobs don't seem particularly tall so maybe 16x3.0 dual-sport with short knobs.

Edited by supercurio
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, supercurio said:

Not possible.

OK. I will trust your opinion.   The tire in the video looks much larger than pictures of the stock tire to me.  Of course they would need a new motor/rim set up. 

• Like 1

On 12/27/2021 at 11:34 PM, supercurio said:

This was the V12 HT before being announced!
It took a pretty bad hit on its way down and broke down.

But I see a knobby here, dual-sport like indeed! It's real, in 16x3.0
WANT!!

v12-ht-knobby

Source:

I understand a knobby tyre is much more stable/ wabble free at high speeds. Definitely a must have.

8 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

You sure you didnt say that backwards?

Kuji made a Sherman with street tyre and knobby tyre. The knobby was better. Do you know something I don’t? (How the hell you turn this auto- correct off?. It’s so f annoying)

22 minutes ago, Paul g said:

Kuji made a Sherman with street tyre and knobby tyre. The knobby was better. Do you know something I don’t? (How the hell you turn this auto- correct off?. It’s so f annoying)

There are a lot of different tires, manufactures and models, they all behave differently, the tire on the V12 HT is most likely not the Kenda 262 knobby that is on the Sherman as the wheels have different dimensions (V12 is a smaller wheel).

• Like 3

I understand that the zigzagged pattern of road tyres is the culprit for wobbles. It pushes the wheel alternating in opposite directions, which leads to wobbles. The knobby doesn’t have this issue, as it sports only perpendicular and parallel channels in the tyre.

59 minutes ago, Paul g said:

I understand that the zigzagged pattern of road tyres is the culprit for wobbles. It pushes the wheel alternating in opposite directions, which leads to wobbles. The knobby doesn’t have this issue, as it sports only perpendicular and parallel channels in the tyre.

Wobble are oscillations, and every wheel/rider/tire/ground combo can oscillate once in movement, the patterns on a tire match a high frequency that's too high to drive the typical wobbles.

Above a certain speed, wobble is mostly about technique: aka making sure to lower frequency of the oscillation so it's easy to contain, typically by moving your center of gravity lower (sitting in the invisible chair when braking)

Edited by supercurio
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, supercurio said:

typically by moving your center of gravity lower (sitting in the invisible chair when braking)

I knew that when braking, especially when braking hard as you describe, is when wobbles are most frequent. When I’ll have the chance I’ll test that.

• Like 1