Mango

48 minutes ago, Jkay said:

Enjoying the learning process on my V12, impressed by the quality of Inmotion, I see a V13 in my future, but for now the V12HT is simply fantastic! 

if I was up for a new wheel, this would be it. Perhaps in two years time I will get it hopefully with any issues sorted out.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, conecones said:

the main tester (Abrams being his favorite wheel even though it cut out on him 3 times :ph34r:

Man, this dude is a die hard Abrams owner. Althouh, I am starting to feel that I may like the Abrams more than my V12 for commuting, if that is possible, I don't know if I would continue to do so if it cuts out on me a couple of times. No cutouts for me yet, though. Knock on wood. 

Nobody else in our group is crazy enough to owns an Abrams.

I don't blame you. Unlike Inmotion with the V12, LeaperKim did not provide confidence inspiring support for the Abrams cutout crisis.  What a big shame. To this day, there is still no definitive answer to all the possible causes for the Abrams cutouts. For example, no one knows for certain with which motor date code was when the motor got fixed. Even with the latest firmware, LeaperKim never addressed the cutout potential below 8-10 km/h speed, should the hall effect sensor signal go south.

an Abrams it looks comical when a shorter person rode is because they only need to bend their knees 3" to sit :D

Well, euc girl did manage to ride her dad's Monster Pro. And Kevin at e-rides really likes his Abrams, even though his inseam isn't that long. Not only is the Abrams tall, but it is quite wide at the top. It is a double whammy for the height challenged.

But on the flipside, it is so natural to seat down. I am tempted, except the lower alloy crossmember will fail in fatigue sooner. I just may have to buy one of the aftermarket version before they are no longer available. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2

Has anyone looked at road tyre alternatives for the V13?  Been trying to google the V13 tyre size specs but I haven't been very successful. 

So far I've only looked at the Michelin City Extra with the 16 inch rims but don't know the rest of the tyre size requirements for the V13. 

Thoughts and addition info would be appreciated!  

I’ve not seen down from the top of the wheel into the recess (might have been a good idea to show this, to familiarise prospective buyers with the layout), but in the video it looks like the mechanic is adjusting a screw or nut at the aft of the hole in the first instance - toward the rear of the wheel relative to the trolley handle use direction/hinge point), and when the wheel is turned around to do the other side, the orange wrench is positioned to the front end of the opening. It could be of course that there are only the two screws or nuts (one on each side of the chassis) to adjust, and they are made in this way.    Just an observation.

3 hours ago, Freeforester said:

I’ve not seen down from the top of the wheel into the recess (might have been a good idea to show this, to familiarise prospective buyers with the layout), but in the video it looks like the mechanic is adjusting a screw or nut at the aft of the hole in the first instance - toward the rear of the wheel relative to the trolley handle use direction/hinge point), and when the wheel is turned around to do the other side, the orange wrench is positioned to the front end of the opening. It could be of course that there are only the two screws or nuts (one on each side of the chassis) to adjust, and they are made in this way.    Just an observation.

That's because they positioned the air spring and damper in the same location on each side. Meaning when looking at any side, the air spring is always on the left and the damper is always on the right.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, EUC_user said:

My "upper chamber adjustment" was in reference to how rebound adjustment is achieved on the V11.

Adjusting the negative chamber doesn’t achieve rebound adjustment. It changes the suspension force curve, but rebound is always all open. Bicycle suspension that have a separate negative chamber valve also have a separate rebound adjustment, as their functions are separate.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 12/20/2022 at 1:54 AM, mrelwood said:

I’m not sure what’s going on with the graph’s X-scale though, as it seems 10x the expected.

image.jpeg.a6265545594949b86e13b8e472077309.jpeg

"Dynamic Stress Test"

Fine print matters: that data is from a LMO cell.

EUC's are cobalt-type (NCM), not LMO. The trend will hold, but the scale is different.

editor1575968372796157.png 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 12/20/2022 at 12:57 PM, Tawpie said:

there's a definitely a minimum-you-must-be-taller-than-this-to-ride-this-ride for Challenger though... a hard limit. Trying to stand over that thing will get us shorties where it counts.

I’m 5’7” guys.  Hope I’m just at the bar for v13 minimal height.  :D At least it’s thinner than the Abrams so I should be good right?  Also this is my first wheel so I’ll give some anecdotal insight on learning curve for me soon.  Expect to see the wheel ship by this week. 

Edited by Josiah
Spelling
  • Like 2

On 12/21/2022 at 8:51 AM, pico said:

No prob... V5F, V8F , V12  Just bring the Vees...:P

side-mounting.jpg

This has "meme" written all over it.

"When you let a stranger 'test out your wheel'" :lol:

Edited by BKW
  • Like 1

https://youtu.be/wL8-tFCoOJA

Speedyfeet have their unboxing and range test out now. 

32 miles range is very concerning especially since there wasn't any off road to it and that's normally why their range tests are very short. 

I have a theory that the bigger wheels get similar range to smaller wheels, but use a lot more power to get going. So if you're constantly stopping and starting you'd kill the battery faster than going fast constantly. 

For my use case I'd need 70km range minimum to replace my Sherman. I'm not a fast rider though and the local cycle paths generally allow me to go very far without having to stop so I think the v13 should be sufficient. 

The master pro is beginning to look a lot more appealing though 

I've only watched the first 7 minutes. But the test riding he does in the parking lot says everything I need to know about handling such a heavy wheel, which is always the song that gets sung...:rolleyes:

He shows that, with proper skills, this wheel is capable of all the maneuvering I personally would ever need to do. It should have no problem moving through traffic and tight-ish mixed-use paths.

ALSO HE TAKES IT CALMLY AND CAPABLY DOWN STAIRS! Hopefully he covers going up stairs at some point !

Looking verrrrry good...

Edit: Just saw Eyss's post re: range. Will have to watch. I never ride 32 miles in one outing. But hmmmmm...

Edit #2: I need American subtitles from the English dialogue... jeez! Have they got marbles in their mouths?:roflmao:

Edited by UPONIT
react
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, UPONIT said:

Edit: Just saw Eyss's post re: range. Will have to watch. I never ride 32 miles in one outing. But hmmmmm...

I gotta ask, how long have you been riding? When I started riding I said the same thing, thinking that 10-15 miles was a long ride and that id never do more. These days 30+ miles is a normal day out. I was honestly shocked when he said it was 30 miles.

• Upvote 2

I haven’t seen the video yet. How was the back end of the battery? did he have to ride soft on the way home? or was it 30mile hard riding? 

Can they pull more range with later FW?

I wanted more but I’ll be ok with that,

kinda how my wife feels about me and we mostly work out okay together. 

1 hour ago, MrMonoWheel said:

I gotta ask, how long have you been riding? When I started riding I said the same thing, thinking that 10-15 miles was a long ride and that id never do more. These days 30+ miles is a normal day out. I was honestly shocked when he said it was 30 miles.

Not long. ~5 months. So I appreciate your point regarding my future needs changing. Thanks for that, and keep it coming. That's why I'm here.

Now that I've watched the whole video, there are some caveats about that 30 mile figure, though...

1) Nobody is expecting this to be a long-range wheel. 3000Wh is what it is... The V11's only got 1500Wh (with half the motor... hmmmm... InMotion has a ratio they like?)

2) He said several times that he was "pinning it" the whole ride. He translated later on, saying he got around 30miles when maxing it out the whole time. How often is that going to be the case?

3) There was a lot edited out of the ride home, so not a lot of information about terrain, start/stop, etc. It seems kinda hard to know how to receive the mileage information. Max throttle = you get 30 miles. Okay. But how much time elapsed from pickup to home?

4) TEMPERATURE OUTSIDE: 6 DEGREES. LI batteries LOVE low temps...:D

What did you think of the stairs? And how he moved it around in the parking lot?

Overall, I feel that he liked the wheel in the categories that I care about, but wasn't thrilled with the range he got. Seems fair enough.

But I'm also looking forward to his 250km review, because this one seemed a little rushed onto YouTube? Parking lot setup with a screw missing and unadjusted suspension? Little to none of the fine details they usually include.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVED the video. Every perspective put to video helps make an overall impression of a wheel that hasn't even made it to the general public yet...

And he proved a second time that the V13 isn't some granite lump because of its weight.

There's also a French unboxing video gone up, but the auto-translate is so terrible, you have to be able to read facial expressions...

Edited by UPONIT
celsiusness

Same. That's low imo. Speedyfeet has had other range tests that are similarly shocking at low ranges -- I guess he definitely puts it through the ringer? For such an expensive wheel the distance doesn't sound appealing to me personally

Would love to get other range tests as I think Ian is going to give us the lowest ranges given his history of range tests

Edited by BKW
  • Like 1

I was honestly shocked when he said it was 30 miles.

Didn't he also say it was 30 miles of high speed fun? Heavy wheel ridden fast by a 'regular sized' rider isn't a recipe for marketing range numbers. I'd bet that under more typical riding conditions you could easily expect twice that range.

• Upvote 2