Mango

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

For Begode models, check YouTube. For the S22, there are several free support designs for you to print. And so on.

For the V13, I’m honestly not sure if you’re serious or not. If the pad doesn’t get enough surface area from the stock V13, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out how to attach a suitably cut thin plate of practically any plastic in the indent.

I mean I guess I could find some plastic the right thickness, cut it into shape, and use construction adhesive to permanently attach it to the side, then cover the whole mess in Velcro. This seems ridiculous to make customers go through this to use aftermarket pads, especially since that indent serves literally 0 purpose other than cosmetic.

To answer your earlier question, yes, any wheel without flat sides is a bad design.

Edited by InfiniteWheelie
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, InfiniteWheelie said:

This seems ridiculous to make customers go through this to use aftermarket pads

But why would a manufacturer of ANY product you care to mention, let alone EUC manufacturers, consider "aftermarket" ANYTHING?

It would not even be a design consideration or part of their company philosophy to cater to "someone else's" product!

It would be like expecting Apple taking extra special care to design the latest phone with "aftermarket" in mind, rather than their own ecosystem! - NEVER going to happen!

As others have already stated, just adapt the chosen pads/wheel to your own preference if needed - No Big drama.

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

@fbhbBecause this is the same thing motorcycle manufacturers do. They design the core components such as the frame, engine etc. Then they choose cheaper parts for certain less core components such as the exhaust, knowing a large amount of riders want to swap it anyway with their own personal preferences.

I'm fine with manufactures simply focusing on the core parts (rim, motor, battery, controller, etc.), then adding in generic shitty pads and pedals to keep the price down. However when they make it impossible to change their dog shit pads without jerry rigging your wheel, that I have a problem with.

Edited by InfiniteWheelie
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, conecones said:

With the recent Sherman-S teardown being a bit of a letdown IMO in terms of design choices, build quality, and ease of service, I'm really hoping this wheel delivers on its expectations of a solid, well designed and high performing wheel worthy of its price tag. Otherwise I would hate to see 2023 be another year of everyone riding 80+km/h on sketchy shit box death machines built for only one crash.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Overall the build of the Sherman S is pretty solid, but there are a few elements that I am skeptical about (I go into all that in the Sherman S thread). I don't take allegiance with either wheel, but now that we have seen what the Sherman S is bringing to the table I'd sure like to see similar content regarding the v13. I have a pre order for both and plan to cancel one when we have enough information for me to determine which I would prefer. One thing about the inmotion wheel that I like is all the sensors, dynamic tiltback, app support, head and tail lights, and the allegedly modular design making maintenance easier. Yes it's a tank of a wheel, but that's exactly the kind of wheel I'd trust to get me around. I just hope the suspension isn't a beefed up v11 system.

Plus, the only reason I have the Sherman on preorder is I got it for $3200 from GTKing while it was still available. If I had to pay full price it would not even be on my radar.

Edited by Unicycle Santa
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, conecones said:

With the recent Sherman-S teardown being a bit of a letdown IMO in terms of design choices, build quality, and ease of service, I'm really hoping this wheel delivers on its expectations of a solid, well designed and high performing wheel worthy of its price tag. Otherwise I would hate to see 2023 be another year of everyone riding 80+km/h on sketchy shit box death machines built for only one crash.

Same here.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, conecones said:

I agree, all the silence on the S22 has lowered my expectations. I have canceled 3 pre orders since the very first s22 issues, & as much as I don’t like begode wheels (they can do a lot better), I’m buying an mten4 when the trolley handle is available, & I’m waiting on the EX30, along with the V13, & Sherman S(even though the pedals suck), then I can weigh out the pros&cons then decide which one has the least amount of Issues & get that wheel. So far the new best wheel with the least issues to me is the mten4. With these new wheels it sucks when I have to spend $3.5- $4K on these new high performance suspension wheels, then have to spend another $500-$1000 just to get it sorted right.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Supakatt said:

I agree, all the silence on the S22 has lowered my expectations. I have canceled 3 pre orders since the very first s22 issues, & as much as I don’t like begode wheels (they can do a lot better), I’m buying an mten4 when the trolley handle is available, & I’m waiting on the EX30, along with the V13, & Sherman S(even though the pedals suck), then I can weigh out the pros&cons then decide which one has the least amount of Issues & get that wheel. So far the new best wheel with the least issues to me is the mten4. With these new wheels it sucks when I have to spend $3.5- $4K on these new high performance suspension wheels, then have to spend another $500-$1000 just to get it sorted right.

I agree. My criteria for a wheel is to get one that I don't have to modify. I haven't bought an s22 or master because it seems they basically need a suspension overhaul out of the box. I expect the Sherman's suspension to be fantastic and the v13 to be adequate. Not the best in the world, but balanced and effective for what the wheel is required to do. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that out of the box every wheel lets us down in some respect and Challenger will be no exception. If you're waiting for the wheel that meets and exceeds all of its marketing and community hype and hopes... you'll save a lot of money and hassle, but you will also miss out on the exciting things that they do get pretty close to right.

As with everything wheeling though, it's your call!

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, cyfur said:

What's most interesting to me is that he got up to 81-82 without a single beep or warning, making me think the sustained 55mph top speed is going to be a reality.

Edited by Unicycle Santa
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Unicycle Santa said:

What's most interesting to me is that he got up to 81-82 without a single beep or warning, making me think the sustained 55mph top speed is going to be a reality.

That was some serious acceleration at the higher end. While slowing down, he got as high as 83 km/h effortlessly.

Passing cars at 60+ km/h may become reality now, for those who dare. 🙂

• Like 1