Mango

For-what-it's-worth: - Every engineering team develops a 'process' for doing tasks even when the team isn't aware that how the team works is as important as
how an individual works.  I'd like to see what the Inmotion development team is doing but I believe CEO Bob Yan when he says 'it won't help the problem solving.'
I'm happy to learn about progress of the V13, I want to see the finished product and if the Inmotion CEO is following this discussion group I have more confidence that
the V13 will be a good product.   :)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

A few new videos I just spotted on Youtube:

Impressive stair descent:

Steep / sandy incline; it is possible we had seen this one in another video:

This one is just basically a teaser of someone getting on the wheel:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, UtahRider said:

Will someone build @Funkyhis small f##king wheel already, please! Thank you.

I don’t think that’s what he’s using his wheel for. But based on the KS and IM rumors we might not have to wait for further than next year.

• Like 3

I’m expecting to, after I learn how to ride this thing, try the roads around Rocky Mountain front range and into the mountains in addition to some off-road. How do you expect the stock tire to handle on pavement with some pretty steep winding mountain pavement  in warm weather and with potential snow and ice? 

A lot of sand used on the roads up here too.

Edited by Josiah

3 hours ago, Josiah said:

How do you expect the stock tire to handle on pavement with some pretty steep winding mountain pavement  in warm weather

I think any wheel in this class will handle this scenario with ease

and with potential snow and ice?

I will let someone else comment as I don't have experience riding in snow/ice, however I would not personally recommend it if you are talking about actually riding over ice. You are on a single wheel vehicle that relies on traction to get balance, and ice can throw a wrench into that. Salt use is probably not good for the component life as well if they use that.

If it's just a light bit of snow and it's the good packing stuff I would imagine it would be possible, I would just be EXTREMELY cautious and wary. (If you watch Wrong Way's videos on youtube he is often seen riding in colder weather)

A lot of sand used on the roads up here too.

A little sand on the road shouldn't affect anything. It's only if you are trying to ride in loose sand/soil (particularly like a beach) which the wheels don't handle so well because they can't keep traction to maintain balance and movement.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Absolutely nothing has any mentionable grip on wet ice but winter studs. Dry and rough ice is manageable at crawling speeds.

Fresh snow OTOH isn’t much different from sand as long as it hasn’t melted and frozen into having an icy layer on top. A shallow layer of snow is ok with any tire, deeper snow likes knobby tires.

Riding on studs in the winter is an incredible feeling. It’s almost as if you were riding in the summer, just that the sceneries are from another world. Which messes with your mind at first…

Due to this I always switch to a studded knobby when the first snow comes. It just makes things much more relaxed and enjoyable at these Nordic heights.

Wait a second, you ride a studded tire on your EUC?? This I gotta see 💯

14 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Absolutely nothing has any mentionable grip on wet ice but winter studs. Dry and rough ice is manageable at crawling speeds.

Fresh snow OTOH isn’t much different from sand as long as it hasn’t melted and frozen into having an icy layer on top. A shallow layer of snow is ok with any tire, deeper snow likes knobby tires.

Riding on studs in the winter is an incredible feeling. It’s almost as if you were riding in the summer, just that the sceneries are from another world. Which messes with your mind at first…

I appreciate the perspective @mrelwood brings to snow because I've migrated South from Wisconsin and I can't clearly remember real Winter weather.  We need to keep a special place for studded tires and people who want to use them because every facet of EUC technology is helpful for adapting the EUC to wider use - adding beautiful pictures to share the riding experience - without creating protests about about irresponsible EUC riders . . . . .  I've got to try studs.   :D

Edited by Cress

4 hours ago, Unicycle Santa said:

After seeing the Sherman S Eevees video it's now come down to these two wheels.

That wasn't a review, Eevees are Leaperkim shills and got sent an early unit for promotion. These two wheels are hardly comparable, V13 dominates this Sherman on every measurable available for us to see. 

• Like 2

Sherman S is Sherman with suspension, and not much else. Suspension is expected to be high-quality and they delivered. Other than that, it's a fairly humdrum, expected release. 

The V13 is more exciting, because of all the tech innovations with controller, bms and motor. Suspension probably just slightly better than V11 suspension.

The biggest hype I think should be the EX30S with 4th gen shock suspension and 134v. And it looks badass to boot.

I'd pick the EX30S, with the expectation of issues cropping up.

21 minutes ago, Mango said:

Sherman S is Sherman with suspension, and not much else. Suspension is expected to be high-quality and they delivered. Other than that, it's a fairly humdrum, expected release. 

The V13 is more exciting, because of all the tech innovations with controller, bms and motor. Suspension probably just slightly better than V11 suspension.

The biggest hype I think should be the EX30S with 4th gen shock suspension and 134v. And it looks badass to boot.

I'd pick the EX30S, with the expectation of issues cropping up.

Eh, I don't know I think the Sherman S is a big deal from the build and suspension. Just because it's 100v doesn't make it a humdrum release. The EX30 does look excellent with it's 4th gen suspension and higher voltage, but I'd prefer not to buy a begode wheel. The v13 does seem the most technology advanced but the suspension is most likely going to be the same as the v11 as you said.  

I'm still liking that Sherman.

• Like 1

I'm considering buying a Sherman-S, though I would like to own a V13.  But the V13 is a bit big & heavy (not as bad as the Master Pro though) for my daily use.  Generally Inmotion produces good quality (better than Begode by far) and the V13 would make a great cruising wheel, if I were able to have one smaller, one mid-sized and one large cruiser wheels then I would go with: V12HT, Sherman-S & V13.

Coming from a 2-year-old RS HS, to me the Sherman-S is definitely not humdrum!

10 hours ago, Lets Do Science said:

That wasn't a review, Eevees are Leaperkim shills and got sent an early unit for promotion. These two wheels are hardly comparable, V13 dominates this Sherman on every measurable available for us to see. 

Except weight and the mentioned suspension. We don’t know enough about the V13 suspension yet, but while it’s definitely not “like V11”, the design behind the ShermS is indeed next level stuff.

Talking about suspension generations in Begode wheels is quite different though, since people often increase the generation for each and every wheel they publish even if the only actual change was an increased suspension travel. The base suspension design is still the same it was in the Hero. And it doesn’t seem like the EX30 would change anything meaningful either from this POV.

• Upvote 3

I'm excited for V13 and am considering it as my next wheel. Looking at the media so far, it looks like it will have very high pedals, similarly to Master Pro? Is that just because of suspension, or to make a wheel of this diameter more manageable, or is it perhaps adjustable?

There have been videos of it going down stairs, but I'm a lot more interested to potentially bring it UP stairs, which I'll have to do. Would it be pushable or trolleyable up reasonable stairs, does anyone know? Monster Pro seemingly is... and it has a one-handed carry handle too.

11 hours ago, superox said:

it looks like it will have very high pedals, similarly to Master Pro? Is that just because of suspension, or to make a wheel of this diameter more manageable, or is it perhaps adjustable?

It is adjustable, in a sense. Pump the shocks harder for a higher pedal height while riding, and lower for lower. I don’t know if you can adjust the highest position though like you can on the V12.

11 hours ago, superox said:

Would it be pushable or trolleyable up reasonable stairs, does anyone know? Monster Pro seemingly is...

How could the V13 be any different? They both have a very large diameter tire, which should crawl up stairs pretty well. There is a lot of weight to push though.

• Upvote 2

On 11/1/2022 at 8:31 PM, superox said:

There have been videos of it going down stairs, but I'm a lot more interested to potentially bring it UP stairs, which I'll have to do. Would it be pushable or trolleyable up reasonable stairs, does anyone know? Monster Pro seemingly is... and it has a one-handed carry handle too.

You should also consider downstairs holding it on the handle. 

24in Monster Pro is great pushing it up stairs, the motor does most of the work, I brought it down/up lots of stairs in London Underground for a whole month. Going down the stairs was OK even with that trolley handle.

20in EX20S is too hard to push up stairs, much slower, pushing not enough, need too lift it a bit to make it on each step on most stairs for it not to slip on step edge, still kind of possible, but uncomfortable, not ideal. Perfect trolley handle to push it downstairs. 

22in V13 I think will be OK, maybe not as easy as the Monster Pro, but acceptable. I had 22in Monster before, but can't remember going up stairs much. I wonder if the trolley handle will be OK pushing it downstairs, I would guess so since the Monster Pro was OK, but this one is not positioned on the middle, the pivot point, so not sure, can't remember what the V8/V10 was like for this. 

Edited by Jean eRide.ie Community
  • Like 2