New Begode "Hero" Suspension Wheel

Rawnei

1 hour ago, Esash said:

dude you're going way faster than me and I've been riding for like 5 years.

I'm so used to maxing out at 20 mph on my old wheel that 25 feels like why would I ever want to go faster.

Beeps don't start on my Hero hs until 40 mph, so i need to start pushing myself more to go faster.

Ive been riding an euc for a week but I used to skateboard and roller skate when I was younger so I guess I caught on pretty fast and For 15 years I was riding sport bikes at 150 mph and doing 100 mph wheelies so I have zero fear of speed .I sold my sportbike after my second back surgery and have been  looking for a new fun hobby and I definitely found it .these things are a blast !

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Just remember to first practice emergency braking at any speed you ride. It isn’t as simple as it may sound.

Yeah I like the begode power pads it has a nice place to rest my calves and I can break super hard using them ..braking is definately a lot better now, for the first couple days I didn’t put the pads on but now I see their benefits 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/9/2022 at 2:21 PM, Dosingpsychedelics said:

Yeah I like the begode power pads it has a nice place to rest my calves and I can break super hard using them ..braking is definately a lot better now, for the first couple days I didn’t put the pads on but now I see their benefits 

If you haven't already, get some proper pads like Kai Pads or Clark Pads. Trust me, its a world of difference. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2022 at 9:13 AM, BlckRck2014 said:

If you haven't already, get some proper pads like Kai Pads or Clark Pads. Trust me, its a world of difference. 

I agree, my first impression riding it was that the stock pad form factor when applied to recessed area on the sides of the Hero does not agree with my desired foot positioning. What i mean is when leaning back for braking, the braking part wasn't there when i needed it, it felt like it was still further back. That  scared the shit out of me for a bit because i expected the pad to be there.  I have since angled the pad up in the  back a little bit so i can break easily now and on command for my foot positioning. I tried monocustomize pads leather (made the wheel wider and made it uncomfortable to ride, and too much friction on my leg from the leather to properly slide around), and tried clark pads (too small for me). Shane planet pads are good but transitioning to a sit down is going to be tricky with those .  The stock Begode pads are the happy medium so far for me (only when its tilted up in the back), but I'm sure that will change the more comfortable i am with this wheel and what I'm looking for in my ride.

Edited by CyberV0LT
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/9/2022 at 4:02 PM, Dosingpsychedelics said:

30 to 35psi I tried it at 42psi but it felt very sketchy 

I have mine set at 28, but will try 30. When i first got it, the person i got it from had it set to ~38 and man.......that felt very squirrely for my taste

16 hours ago, CyberV0LT said:

I have mine set at 28, but will try 30. When i first got it, the person i got it from had it set to ~38 and man.......that felt very squirrely for my taste

I still don't have my pads situation figured out. Very bad braking mechanics for me when going downhill. I basically go real slow down any significant hill just to make sure I can come to a stop at some point if needed.

I'll try your tips and some other mods to get it dialed in, so thanks a lot for your comment.

7 hours ago, Esash said:

I still don't have my pads situation figured out. Very bad braking mechanics for me when going downhill. I basically go real slow down any significant hill just to make sure I can come to a stop at some point if needed.

I'll try your tips and some other mods to get it dialed in, so thanks a lot for your comment.

Foot too far forward on the pedal and/or not reaching the pad in the back with your leg probably.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2022 at 9:33 PM, Esash said:

If using stock pads, angle the pads UP in the back.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, CyberV0LT said:

If using stock pads, angle the pads UP in the back.

Thanks. I added some foam to the top and it works awesome now. So thankful for the tip!

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I like this wheel, but I wonder if it is wise to buy a Hero?
This wheel is not popular, and the Master takes all the attention of the community.
Isn't there a risk that Begode will stop production of the wheel, and that it will become difficult to find spare parts?
And the same situation for the after-sales products related to the wheel.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ίl35 said:

Isn't there a risk that Begode will stop production of the wheel, and that it will become difficult to find spare parts?

Yes the risk is quite high in that regard, many resellers don't even stock the model.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Ίl35 said:

I like this wheel, but I wonder if it is wise to buy a Hero?
This wheel is not popular, and the Master takes all the attention of the community.

You should buy a Hero, it's amazing and it has every single quality of life feature and superior durability too. Plus the technology is all highly proven. Which is why we haven't heard of a single malfunction of the Hero except for some people having squeaky suspension.

Alien Rides even ordered a new batch of high speed Heroes, after they sold out a couple months ago.

Sometimes the best wheel in the world isn't the one with the newest tech, it just might be the one with ALL the best and most proven tech with ALL the extra features.

As far as lack of parts in the future, that's a theoretical situation that would be more important with a less reliable wheel.

I'd go for the high speed version though, it performs exactly like an S22 but with superior build quality and features and reliability.

• Like 1

Finally got one. 
I’m new to begode. 
And I can’t uderstand how limits and alarms are set, neither in begode app or darknessbot (Options are different from previois wheel)

Any clue for that?

• Like 1

On 7/12/2022 at 9:12 AM, FrenchUsa said:

Changed my tire to the Michelin city pro tire using this method. 

Getting the motor cable guard out and back in was a absolute nightmare. I think the custom shock doesn't give you enough clearance

Still easier than the euc upgrade method. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

35 miles today with 30% battery remaining, on the high speed Hero. Not sure what that comfortably translates to, maybe 45 miles.

image_2022-07-17_193019005.png

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ίl35 said:

Does it fit well?

I also switched to a City pro, But it's rubbing somewhere. 

The whiskers will rub for a while.
I am getting a bad rubbing sound when I turn right....I need to double check I put the pedal hanger screws in the right way (i.e. I think the long screw is in the wrong spot and scratching the motor cover)

• 3 months later...