Help, please... Footage Required!

16 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Same could actually be said for the time we spend on the forum and local meetups helping newbies and other riders as well. One could say that using our time and expertise should hold monetary value like it often does in the society. But that would be completely against the whole point of why we do it.

I get that, & the other comments from others to similar points. I make content too which I don't charge for as it's not my core business, but I certainly don't give away my IP rights without attribution & I control that strictly, especially if it's to be used for a for-profit purpose rather than an educational purpose. At least TFU is doing the right thing by asking rather than just taking.

On 7/16/2021 at 2:22 AM, mrelwood said:

He was a very good pilot already, in just 4 months from getting his first drone! He loved the challenge of flying in the woods.

I agree. The way he effortlessly navigated between the trees was amazing. 

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Here’s my contribution. No worries about the copyright music. Bono and I are good friends. 
;)

Very nice stuff. I recall when you posted that footage.

Brings back great memories. 

• Like 1

On 7/10/2021 at 10:18 PM, 5Cauac said:

Do I have to be a New Zealander??

<snip>

I'm a wannabe kiwi, fan of the All Blacks; I perform the haka before I ride my euc - no, there exists no video of it so I guess it really didn't happen.
:roflmao:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, UniBlab said:

I'm a wannabe kiwi, fan of the All Blacks; I perform the haka before I ride my euc - no, there exists no video of it so I guess it really didn't happen.
:roflmao:

Wannabe kiwi's are always welcome. We even have a wheel available if you come to Wellington 😅

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Chrissi said:

Wannabe kiwi's are always welcome. We even have a wheel available if you come to Wellington 😅

Wow that's a wonderful offer!!!  And would be a definite blast to ride in such a breathtaking land such as NZ!!!!  One could dream.................

• Like 3

On 7/18/2021 at 4:48 PM, Chrissi said:

That’s worth booking a flight, any excuse to head to NZ. Most beautiful place in the world. 

very generous of you Chrissi

• Like 3

I don't know why.................the Haka brings me to tears when I see it performed correctly and with passion and no fear of dying. I was fortunate to be introduced to the Haka while playing in a hockey tournament back in the 80s.  Ever since I've felt a connection.....  This is the best Haka I have ever seen, and it moves me to this day!  For those of you who don't understand, that's ok.

• Like 3

On 7/15/2021 at 10:29 PM, mrelwood said:

Storage issues took a while, but here we go! No music just yet, couldn't find anything I'd like for free. But I'm (literally) working on it! ;)

EDIT: Now with original music!

Now my video finally has music to annoy viewers! :roflmao:

• Like 2

16 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I just wanted to  take a moment to thank everyone (except maybe @NastyFartPants :facepalm:) who offered their footage for us to use during the Lifestyle Expo that we attended for the weekend just gone. You have some awesome footage that definitely helped grab the attention of those wandering past.

We were fortunate to be able to secure a large space - 9m × 9m (about 10yd square) - which meant that we were able to demonstrate and even get (brave) volunteers up on wheels to try them out. Having said that, spending 4-5 hours a day for 3 days riding in such a small space is very challenging and while we all "leveled up" our abilities several times, we were also completely knackered from doing so.

Here are a few photos from the event...

As you can see, there was a lot of interest (once we explained that we weren't selling Roombas). And we even blocked the thoroughfare completely (several times) during the event - to the point that the exhibitor across from us started helping explain how EUC work in an attempt to keep people moving...   :thumbup:

Sales from this won't match the cost for us to attend the event (sorry @bcarp). But we fully expected this and our primary objective was to introduce people to EUC, as it can't even considered as a transport option (or a hobby) if they don't know what an EUC is!  It's winter here now, but hopefully come springtime, when people who are wanting to get out and about, they will remember us and consider an EUC as a way to enhance their mobility. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Regardless of that, and based on the number of times we heard the comment, "I have never seen one of these before, what is it?" New Zealand now as an additional 20K+ people who know that the "ridiculous one wheel contraption" is an Electric Unicycle, which makes the whole thing worthwhile!

THIS! SO MUCH! My career has been in international events/conventions and public speaking (albeit not for EUCs of course), and being able to use my specialized skills in this way to support the growth of EUCs would be one of my dream jobs. If anyone knows of any businesses interested in doing conventions/trade-shows/etc similar to this anywhere in North America or Europe (or hell I've done a convention in Australia before), I would sincerely appreciate the contact information to be able to send them my resume.

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

"I have never seen one of these before, what is it?"

Congratulations!! Looks like fun!  :cheers:
With you and Chrissi’s charm were you able to convince this woman to upgrade?:)

51336808449_ef51c28750_b.jpg

How much did my artwork go for?:P

51336808469_ba5e1590c8_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Actually, looking at her legs’ posture she might be more of a customer for you… :blink1:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

Actually, looking at her legs’ posture she might be more of a customer for you… :blink1:

Lol….Could be she rode her horse to the event.:huh:

• Like 2

Congratulations!! Looks like fun!  :cheers:

How much did my artwork go for?:P

51336808469_ba5e1590c8_b.jpg

Look at her standing there with that "let me tell you this and you can take THAT to the bank" attitude. How could you NOT want to believe her and buy something? How could you not be worried if you just simply made her mad? You go girl! Tell them people what they REALLY need to go live life!

• Like 1

Lol….Could be she rode her horse to the event.:huh:

She might want to buy your horse saddle...or did you have on your hidden V11. The one @Mrs. Rehab1 didn't know about..yet :rolleyes:

• Like 1