Yo, Dude! How much is that thing?

GothamMike

It varies, they only come in a convertible/drop-head coupe version, some have bluetooth audio, AC is always a free option, you can upgrade to larger engines and hollow core alloys, windscreen protection is not required which is a bonus, suspension is an option... :)

My tactic of shooting high on price, helps ensure I wont be asked to ride it. I'd drop a zero off the price if i was asked while lost in the ghetto. Or a simple  "how much you got?" would suffice..:ph34r:

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3

I just tell people the truth. No shame in it and people can spend there money how they want. My canned response is

"This one is a premium model, it goes up to 30 mph and and 60 miles on a charge. It's about $1900. There are other models that go about 20 mph and 25 miles that are $850"

If the conversation goes further

"Yeah, you are really paying for the battery. It takes a big li-ion battery to go that far and fast"

Usually when they here the speed/distance they understand the price. If they don't, oh well.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Roadpower said:

They jelly of your ride.

Yea, verily. Green with Jealousy!

3 hours ago, Treatz said:

Where I live, there’s a rumor that I invented my unicycles out of repurposed Roomba vacuums. I think it started because whenever people yell “how much?” I sometimes respond over my shoulder by yelling back “you can make your own..just like I did....out of a Roomba.” 

I made it myself, using Segway parts and a MotorCycle engine.

• Like 1

Why does it bother you so much? I ask people how much is stuff all the time. Yeah most people shy away of talking prices because they feel ...cheap, but I don't care about people thinking I'm cheap. I'm interested in the price of things. My V8F was about $1100. Money is relative. Expensive/cheap depend on the person and the situation.

15 minutes ago, Rodo said:

Why does it bother you so much? I ask people how much is stuff all the time. Yeah most people shy away of talking prices because they feel ...cheap, but I don't care about people thinking I'm cheap. I'm interested in the price of things. My V8F was about $1100. Money is relative. Expensive/cheap depend on the person and the situation.

Personally, i dont want people knowing im riding a 3000$ toy that can be lifted into a trunk of a car in 2 seconds flat. I prefer to air on the cheaper side of price quotes. No need for everyone to know how expensive they are. Last thing i need is to get robbed, the cheaper they think they are, the more likely they are to think about buying one  and the less likely i am to get jumped by some crack head

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

Personally, i dont want people knowing im riding a 3000$ toy that can be lifted into a trunk of a car in 2 seconds flat. I prefer to air on the cheaper side of price quotes. No need for everyone to know how expensive they are. Last thing i need is to get robbed, the cheaper they think they are, the more likely they are to think about buying one  and the less likely i am to get jumped by some crack head

100%.

Also while it might seem ok if you're telling this to a driver in a nice car, you can't be sure who else may have heard you. Some of the EUC/E-Skate shops in my city are in mixed-income neighborhoods with sketchy people hanging out in front, and it's common to get asked how much when visiting.

I always just say "It's a gift, so I'm not sure. Probably not much it's got only one wheel."

• Like 3

1 hour ago, conecones said:
2 hours ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

100%.

Also while it might seem ok if you're telling this to a driver in a nice car, you can't be sure who else may have heard you. Some of the EUC/E-Skate shops in my city are in mixed-income neighborhoods with sketchy people hanging out in front, and it's common to get asked how much when visiting.

I always just say "It's a gift, so I'm not sure. Probably not much it's got only one wheel."

I sincerely don't get this. Most people who ask me the this question are either someone who a) wants one, b) a kid (who has no clue what money is.. to them 1000 or 3000 is the same aka a helluvalot) or c) Someone who just wants to get a concept of what "this UFO thing is"

I just tell them the god honest truth, €$2K.... or similar to a good quality electric bicycle. I couldn't care less about their reaction.. its my money that I spent and I will spend it on my goddamn toys bc I can afford to do so (as we all can, as we are riding these suckers).

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, FinRider said:

I sincerely don't get this. Most people who ask me the this question are either someone who a) wants one, b) a kid (who has no clue what money is.. to them 1000 or 3000 is the same aka a helluvalot) or c) Someone who just wants to get a concept of what "this UFO thing is"

I just tell them the god honest truth, €$2K.... or similar to a good quality electric bicycle. I couldn't care less about their reaction.. its my money that I spent and I will spend it on my goddamn toys bc I can afford to do so (as we all can, as we are riding these suckers).

Unfortunately depending on your location you really cant tell what someone is thinking from a short conversation. A local rider had his v8f stolen just last week.

Admittedly he is mostly at fault in this instance for leaving it outside a convenience store while he grabbed a pack of smokes, but like i said it only takes 2 seconds to steal these devices. 

Many metropolitan areas suffer from epidemics of drug addiction. The heroin epidemic is very real, and very glossed over in the current political climate. People will do a lot of terrible things for 2000$. 

And no you can not tell who is an addict or a criminal by lookimg at them or having short conversations. Many times you can, but i have had people in my own life who you would NEVER expect to be struggling with addiction turn out to need help. Our drug happy medical system is heavily to blame.

Expect the best but prepare for the worst is my philosophy. No one gets hurt by me saying you can get one for 600$, which is true you can get a wonderful V5 or 14D or maybe even an mten3 for that price. No need to advertise the big ticket item im standing on, they will find out on their own if they are that interested.

Edited by GoGeorgeGo
  • Like 3