Fire at EUCO

shellac

On 5/16/2021 at 8:11 AM, Tawpie said:

nobody in the business of retailing EUCs would have a preliminary guess as to a fire’s cause that blamed their product, would they?

They likely knew what was charging in that area.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I had a wheel that was in that fire which was completely destroyed. Now EUCO doesn’t want to reimburse me and I have no other choice but to take them to court. I would have thought that their insurance would cover my wheel but I was sadly mistaken. Left me with a sorry but it’s not their problem. So I wouldn’t feel too bad for them if they’re doing their customers like that

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

So this makes TWO large euc retailers with expensive fires, in the last 2 years(yeah, im late to the party). Alrighty, its time to put some serious thought into storage, repair and insurance for any retailers in the USA, that are left. @Eu gross I dont blame you. This unfortunate event is not YOUR problem and you shouldnt suffer a loss. You can feel badly for this to happen to a company, but you are still right in expecting compensation. THIS is one reason why eucs are still 'made' in China. Liability expectations in America are quite a bit higher.

Now that its been 9 months, has Euco bounced back from this? Are euc retailers starting to use shipping containers and section off storage and  repair areas, to minimize spead and confine fires to smaller sections? Has the insurance requirements met with the demands of potential damages for these companies? Whew, it must be a serious headache to sell euc's in America. I feel badly for those that even attempt it.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

7 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

So this makes TWO large euc retailers with expensive fires, in the last 2 years(yeah, im late to the party)

Ecodrift's "service center" in RU burned down a week or two ago, so the number is now three. That one is blamed on a customer's modified battery pack.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Eu gross said:

I had a wheel that was in that fire which was completely destroyed. Now EUCO doesn’t want to reimburse me and I have no other choice but to take them to court. I would have thought that their insurance would cover my wheel but I was sadly mistaken. Left me with a sorry but it’s not their problem. So I wouldn’t feel too bad for them if they’re doing their customers like that

Has this been discussed in a forum anywhere else or is this the first time? When did they make their determination to you?

13 hours ago, Eu gross said:

Should be and easy case to win. (Could get 2x++ the money worth of that wheel.) If that wheel was yours and it was there for repairs? And if you can prove it by some papers/documents that it was there. If company takes your item in for repair, some work, it's their duty to protect it.

While it's in their hands, they are liable for any damage done to it.

And if you did not receive any papers/documents, that you have given it over. That's dum, as they could simply steal it and act as nothing happened. That's on you..

Edited by Funky

On 3/27/2022 at 12:19 PM, Tawpie said:

Ecodrift's "service center" in RU burned down a week or two ago, so the number is now three. That one is blamed on a customer's modified battery pack.

Modified Batteries should be treated like they will blow up at any second. So sad another warehouse had a fire.