Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

1 hour ago, supercurio said:

It might take some time, since for now it would requires to use a custom charger which can provide 126V (like the fast one I have with adjustable voltage) - or Kingsong to send a better charger.
Maybe when eWheels ships its very early batch to their customers, which I heard is planned in only a few weeks. These should get actual 126V chargers, right?

However is there a link between the unclear statements which were made regarding boards and 126V from the first 3 meters (makes no sense to me whatsoever) and the fact Kingsong shipped these prototypes with chargers not outputting 126V. Probably not, but hopefully that'll be clarified later.

According to eevees latest video, the ewheels batch is a special batch of the same wheels sent to all the distributors. So most likely will contain the same charger.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, supercurio said:

3: by means of firmware upgrade later on in the high speed motor torque is not adjust output current optimization program, let customers upgrade firmware upgrade way behind 

My translation. With current firmware, torque has not been adjusted yet. It will be fixed for customers with firmware upgrade later.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Rolzi said:

The thing is some really want to believe that 2220Wh with this particular wheel is no better than 1800wh or even 1500wh. If we get the tiltback reduced to 3.0v from 3.15 I don't think there is going to be anything mysterious if we have identical riding, weather, weight etc.

This is the confidence many are lacking.

You're probably right and I hope to be wrong indeed 😊

I don't even understand how that would make sense anyway, a fat knobby tire and somewhat less efficient high voltage MOSFETs should not introduce a 25-40% increase in Wh/km.

Like @Flying W: Looking forward to tests form a full charge whenever a 126V charger gets distributed, and maybe take a look at this Smart BMS balancing these cells around 4.2V!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, supercurio said:

I don't even understand how that would make sense anyway, a fat knobby tire and somewhat less efficient high voltage MOSFETs should not introduce a 25-40% increase in Wh/km.

Agreed.

I am currently riding icy conditions with 35 Wh/km at 10 mph on my MSP.

So 23 Wh/km at 15.6 mph sure does sound great to me.

But then again this is me:

chrome_4VATBKxgCE.png.c77d794ea4644ccd71bda69db4f367b1.png

MSP C38 has 23.9 Wh/km average, gasp. Manage your expectations y'all.

Edited by Rolzi
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Planemo said:

Coils will ALWAYS give a more compliant ride on all terrains, but the downside is they have to be specced to the riders weight to provide the correct sag. Other than that, coil will always be better, discounting that they are slightly heavier but even that has been minimised nowadays.

if this was true all MTB shocks should be Coils, quite the opposite in reality, they are used in DH for a reason...

i agree with you on some points, maybe it's still the best option for a wheel, time will tell :)

Edited by EMA

1 hour ago, Rolzi said:

MSP C38 has 23.9 Wh/km average, gasp. Manage your expectations y'all.

I'd been thinking about what to expect, so I made a new topic to see if we could collect some real world info. I'm rather an anomaly, evidently I should be doing marketing sponsored range tests!!! (any manufacturers that would like to engage me are welcome to DM)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Retrofit car parts to an EUC? Nearly impossible...

Added to the design by the EUC company? It's possible... but bear in mind it would require a shock with electrically-actuated damping bypass valves, and also an additional accelerometer in the unsprung part of the suspension. Both add cost & complexity.

Since we don't have these adaptive damper parts available in other higher-volume small vehicles like MTB and eScooter, it would be almost unthinkable for an EUC company to create it from scratch and proliferate it in the market.

Being able to use standard MTB shocks is the cornerstone of today's KS and GW/BG suspension concepts. And thank goodness they do, since I don't trust either of them to create a custom damper with any level of reliability :D 

2 hours ago, Paul A said:

Right, it's exactly what I mean: dampers with electrically-adjustable valves, sensors at the wheels, and some additional control logic.

(Beware the marketing buzzwords... "adaptive" "active" "dynamic" etc are all words describing the same concept of electrically-variable damping.)

Fox Live Valve MTB products began in 2018- are they proliferating in the MTB community now?

• Thanks 1

TBH, I’m starting to get worried. Far too many effusive reviewers. KS absolutely must be hiding something awful if they so easily agree to new screws and front handles and over the air firmware fixes.

I mean, how realistic is it to expect a pre production demo shipment to shrug off pouring rain, mud, falling down concrete steps, overheat hill (not confirmed, maybe it burned to a crisp?), NYC style, London urban, and so on. Surely there’s another shoe to drop.

It’s getting increasingly troubling… what will it be?

Edited by Tawpie

This wheel is at least 6-9 months away from being a great wheel, what with all the pre-production issues it’s having.

Likely Spring 2023 will be the version to buy, until then I’ll be holding off.

I feel the Begode Master, when enough social media influencers ride it, will be the suspension wheel of 2022.

• Like 3

I’m still happy my deposit is down (nearly all paid now) 

I haven’t been at this long so you all know more than me.

I’m pretty happy with everything Kingsong have done here. They have been open and offering real world tests for others to point out flaws to the wider public , nearly all things they have offered to correct on production. I feel this kind of openness begs of confidence, maybe they will deliver?

range looks a little worrying.

I’ve seen heaps of wheels released in the year I’ve been doing this. I quick image, hype, things go quiet, then a big release, cut outs. 
V12-Abrams

FIRES

I still see teething problems with sherman rims, v11 bearings and boards and these have had the time to iron the kinks.

id rather see kinks now, than wait to be surprised. To me I feel other wheels have known issues and just released rather secretive without the open display of the wheel first. issues like cut out and rims to me seem bigger than some of the KS problems talked about. 

I felt it and it really seems to be a great wheel. I am sure there are still kinks. 

• Like 1

Mike Leahy fell with the S20 in a fountain yesterday: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CaSjLClp7fD/

dunked-s20

Here's the description:

I rode this sketchy fountain line just fine in the other direction. Went back for another shot and got my foot snagged by the bush. Both myself and the s20 were then fully submerged in over a foot of water.
I tried to turn the wheel off after pulling it out of the fountain, but was not able to. I brought the wheel to @nate.pust and @dougs_eucventure who quickly pulled out the controller and batteries. The demo packs that were not sealed were both damaged by water but did not catch fire. RevRides will know more about the specifics. As I am not a technical expert.

I imagined that the transparent plastic boxes of the packs would be sealed and waterproof, given humidity or water can get in the mainboard section via the motor wires then go down with the battery wires.
Although it's not the first time that water can get in and destroy battery packs, and wheels unfortunately rarely survive being immersed in any capacity, I was hoping for something a little better here.
I read somewhere that the next iterations were supposed to be shrink-wrapped as well but can't find the source anymore.

What do you guys think?

Edited by supercurio
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Okay so they did a re-edit to correct the mistaken description of "30 mph average", while the data shows 15.4 mph average riding, 12.8 mph average for the ride.
Yay, right?

Now the commentary says at 2:59 instead "The riders attempted to maintain a speed of 25 mph"
:facepalm:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, supercurio said:

What do you guys think?

I would hope for something better as well, but am expecting to see blue shrink-wrap in my wheel. Batch n, maybe the battery case is more moisture/humidity resistant, but my wheel will probably spend its life relatively sheltered from the elements and it'll probably be inspected during its monthly 'grease the slides' maintenance cycle.

I should probably throw some of those "Do Not Eat" packets in so I have something rattling around inside there. (kidding, just kidding. I'd tape them in)

• Like 1