Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

It only charges to 122.75V? That's a bit concerning, what do the cells look like if you use the King Song app and check BMS info 1 and 2? Also double check if you have any charge threshold set (less than 100%)

just turned green off charge, here's the screen shots. 

yes, if anybody has any insights of whyL please do tell. go back 5 years and dig up my research on my 18s 1600 plus wh battery that charge to 92%. software bms problem.

the only way i know how to downsize photos on ios is by emailing then to me. and now that i have the wonderful third world at&t, too cheap to build another tower and depending on them to deliver high speed 5g and never slow my data, i have now, maybe dial up speeds. the fcc will be hearing from me tmrw.

B2778B5E-808C-4F7F-8B64-2A8C71A396C0.thumb.jpeg.536abf28d569f3547add90066dd08c40.jpegBDF04761-586C-4A5C-8CDF-57332B57F3D6.thumb.png.6ddbd3ab4c4248c6bb56dd5d839a46ec.png21386021-6FAC-4255-8360-83438B79A5AA.thumb.png.ea94af8b01a25a35a827c6271df8400b.png9A9266D5-0932-4AF0-83FE-67BAE2455EE3.thumb.png.4ab7570a4c7e4d19bcf1f8618c8d2e9e.png9FA04948-A7B5-4F52-B382-F962FA5FAB70.thumb.png.7009a510af987be9011bf83687ec3430.pngEAED72DD-E36F-4E76-8EAB-3B7DB2CF1561.thumb.png.1ad31bc61c56ea7709f7c0a367472dda.png

most of china's problems come from lack of communication. my mind is incapable of speaking too languages. the one language in my head drives me crazy. 

i pray someday, these wheel manufacturers, will hire kuji, or another bi-linguil wheel enthusiast, and put them on the payroll full time in engineering and deign. u don't need degrees for that, the biggest idiots i know are engineers, they never built shit,(talking residences) but u need them to seal the plans for the govt, here in fl, because they are all in cahoots. if engineers didn't suck, why are all these places flooding. 

sorry, i tend to rant. 

so uh, chooch, if u wanna really get revenge, i hear there's these online language classes. learn chinese and that could be ur career. u like it. perfect job.

• Haha 1

haha, expert mode. least hard pedal sensitivity since my 9be+. it's a toad. but once it get's freewheeling, np. the s18 would probably veat off the line. i wasn't putting a full lean into it, but my big toe is completely dangling off the front. my ankle centerline is probably one inch back, about two inches further forward than where ks thinks it sb. 

i just wanna know why asians skeletal structure is so different or show me ur riders using those pads.

yes sir. here's the last screen shot.

AACD85D3-4147-473F-ACB3-77D5E64B6848.thumb.png.e5f5e302917b86328ae90ed9b4500c90.png

On 1/9/2023 at 10:39 AM, novazeus said:

i wish, someone much more talented rider from the old days, would take a s22 or v13, and just for grins, try the old smaller pedals, like the s18 for ks and the v10f pedals for the v13, a proper unit rider, with big feet. 

i mean, other than "comfort" what is the purpose of these new giant pedals? i've been away for four years.

no matter what ur gf says, bigger isn't always better, but i've never had complaints. 

Well IDK if I'm "more talented" but am from old days... started on e+, then MSX100V, S18.. S20... Master...

So 2022 I commuted (12 mi/day) nice weather days.  I started with the S20 but it failed by May.  Then was back to S18 primary wheel which was under-speed for my commute, but bicycles do those 2 lane roads and cars here tolerate it... but bugs TF outa me... got my MSX100V back from daughter... road that into Sept when eWheels sold me a controller for the warrantee failure of Alian Rides.   AR did support me with S22 through 2 failed controllers and batteries (delayed by KS-"v'GINA"), but after bats, 2 prior controller fails... yea it took cash to eWheels to get it working.  1 month to go on S22 warrantee and its still dead per no-controller other than external means.  Ranted? complaints?  sorry... back to pedals...

I just upgraded pedals on my older S18 and MSX.  I now have working S22 and Master and have found the big, spiked pedals excellent to the point of SAFETY!

Especially w/o suspension a big risk for me is getting "bounced off" via potholes without adequate flex to my knees (that gets tiring for longer rides). 

On 1/9/2023 at 4:53 PM, Tawpie said:

At least S22, and probably V13 too—the smaller pedals don't fit. KS changed the mounting system (again), I don't know if IM's pedal hangers are the same as any other wheel but would kind of doubt it.

I'm not a fan of the ginormous pedals that are being fitted stock these days, but I don't have giant feet. I do suspect it's a comfort thing, and at least with S22 I need the extra toe length in order to be able to stand far enough forward.

On my S22 I have the pedals forward position mounted.  Their length is about right but the choice is either too far forward or back. My riding style is "loose" (not "locked in") and thus I shift front/back my foot positions frequently... I can do that even with spikes and the idea of using my shoe to transfer toe-force or heel force to a smaller pedal loses the command input force I want and on the margin of any situation need to stay alive.  

So fk them micro slippery pedals.  Sure, I have an e+, A1, and mTen3 with smaller pedals that are adequate for the associated use-cases of those little wheels.  Things like campground teaching!  

@novazeus are you a new rider?

Your last post reads that way but you've got 3 wheels.  hmmm.  Ok pedal discussion... see above. 

Edited by Elliott Reitz
spelling
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

Dude that's no fun, but it does rather indicate that you are not wearing the right gear - that whole lower leg area should be covered by leather boots and shin guards so you don't get physically punished for every duff dismount you do.

If it was me, I would get off that skatey, gravelly, acorn-laden driveway, and find a place indoors where you can do stationary mount / dismount practice, ideally somewhere with handholds both sides to catch you when it goes a bit wrong and so that you don't have to move off one spot. That should do 2 main things:

1. Give you repeated step-up practice which will quickly train your muscles to get up powerfully and with authority yet with the wheel under your control (in this case to remain stationary as you do it).

2. Allow you to transfer your weight to one leg while you lift, swing out and place the other one on the ground, while you can look at it, and check you are not scraping stuff on the way down.

3. When you get a bit better at it, once you are up you can pendulum in place and use it for simulation of dismount from forward travel, if you see what I mean.

If you do that for 10 mins a day it will get written into muscle memory pretty quick, and that should serve you well when you are back out on the driveway with a V13 in hand.

When my Master arrived I spent a few days before stepping up on to regular chair, holding and back down again to get my muscles used to the challenges to come. And challenges they remain now my high-pedalled juggernaut is here, but I can already see a point where it will be second nature, and muscles will just do it right without thinking.

yes, i have parallel boards set up just for that purpose. the aggregate makes for a very lousy place to place ur foot. i'm in the process of having a spot at my gate and back up where i'm building my wheel corral, that won't have livestock on or at least blow off the leaves, twigs, aggregate, at my stopping places. it wasn't a planned step off. i got to the gate, slow to a crawl, and grab it, and make note of my feet position on the wheel. that's all i was trying to accomplish today, is where is the best place for these particular van's(yesterday i wore the racheting shoelace kind which i like better because i'm so frigging blind i can hardly see the damn black shoelaces on black sneakers) but today i was finding my footing. ball of my foot at the front of the pedal, the compoete big toe hanging over. 

firstly, i had left the backhoe loader and tractor on my driveway, i ordered a two cubic yard dumpster to be placed in front of my gate, because i don't drive, so the rep calls and says oh hey, they just placed ur dumpster, i ask, did they place it in front of my gate like my explicit instructions, of course not, they placed it practically in the row in front of my fence, so after berating her for thirty minutes, i had to go move this dumpster 60' by hand because i didn't want to unlock my gate and drive my tractor out there. humans are idiots. give a sub a 50/50 chance, and they'll always make the wrong decision. 

so i had to come back in, and go get the tractor key because kids try to steal it but too stupid to know how, but again if one of the brats hurts themselves, even though they are trespassing, mommy and daddy will sue me, because, hey, he owns all that property, he must be rich.

anyway, i moved the tractor and used one of the big rears as something to grab, u know the big paddle treads, i know pretty half ass, my fault, plus i'm myopic sorta now, or just plain blind. the cannabis extract dehydrates everything so i can barely see my shoes on the pedals and have to really squint and concentrate to get my depth perception right.

i agree with everything u said, and i'm the most careful about learning, but today after so many false starts with this wheel, finally grinding down the pos tire on the s18 and getting it rideable, and after trying those insane completely dangerous pads king song gave me, i was curious to find out, wtf happened. out of the box with just my yoga mat on it, i rode it perfectly fine at 41 psi. put it away and started trying to acclimate to the pos tire ks put on the s18, finally figured out instead of trying to wear it down by riding, i'd just freespin it and grind it on concrete. i did and now it's fine and it will be run at 41 psi, no slime.

and Bob wants my time, and we've been together 24/7 for over 6 years now. Bob Marley, is a huge reason why i'm still alive, my Bob Marley. so he takes priority. 

haha, this scrape is nothing. i don't even feel it, and yes after cleaning it with hibiclens, the same red stuff surgeons use before surgery, everyone should pick up a bottle, better than h2o2, i put extract on it. me stepping on that door casing staple in the burned down house, that was serious, both got extract on them. 

haha, i get injured worse than that everyday out here. this place is as raw as it gets. 6 years ago when i began with wheels, it was more civilized, no cows on the road, but shitty fence posts from home depot, cca treated 4x4's rot out in 5-6 years, so unless it's a perimeter fence with only 2160 hours to live, i only do whatever is necessary until some developer get's smart and pays me what it's worth and puts about 2000 apts here and some businesses. perfect place for "wheel world" tm copywright. 115k cars pass by me daily on the interstate. i'd like jason to look at the opportunity here now that the wheels are getting safer. a pro shop/ training center/ protective gear/ multiuse paths where wheels have the row, pedestrians can easily step out of the way. and otw to disney world an hour away. plus so utilitarian here.

still waiting for wonderful at&t to send this email to me.

finally.

here's where i camp, in half of a one trip 40' high cube shipping container. that's Bob bed underneath, and i'm thrilled after all these years, he sometimes comes in and sleeps, after knocking on the door about four times pranking me. he thinks he's funny. same routine every night. i'm sleep deprived too.C293BCE2-AD6F-4625-856C-4AE3E340DEF4.thumb.jpeg.d9b995846fe4bc1c8b6ea86bc04d5459.jpeg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, novazeus said:

yes, i have parallel boards set up just for that purpose. the aggregate makes for a very lousy place to place ur foot. i'm in the process of having a spot at my gate and back up where i'm building my wheel corral, that won't have livestock on or at least blow off the leaves, twigs, aggregate, at my stopping places. it wasn't a planned step off. i got to the gate, slow to a crawl, and grab it, and make note of my feet position on the wheel. that's all i was trying to accomplish today, is where is the best place for these particular van's(yesterday i wore the racheting shoelace kind which i like better because i'm so frigging blind i can hardly see the damn black shoelaces on black sneakers) but today i was finding my footing. ball of my foot at the front of the pedal, the compoete big toe hanging over. 

firstly, i had left the backhoe loader and tractor on my driveway, i ordered a two cubic yard dumpster to be placed in front of my gate, because i don't drive, so the rep calls and says oh hey, they just placed ur dumpster, i ask, did they place it in front of my gate like my explicit instructions, of course not, they placed it practically in the row in front of my fence, so after berating her for thirty minutes, i had to go move this dumpster 60' by hand because i didn't want to unlock my gate and drive my tractor out there. humans are idiots. give a sub a 50/50 chance, and they'll always make the wrong decision. 

so i had to come back in, and go get the tractor key because kids try to steal it but too stupid to know how, but again if one of the brats hurts themselves, even though they are trespassing, mommy and daddy will sue me, because, hey, he owns all that property, he must be rich.

anyway, i moved the tractor and used one of the big rears as something to grab, u know the big paddle treads, i know pretty half ass, my fault, plus i'm myopic sorta now, or just plain blind. the cannabis extract dehydrates everything so i can barely see my shoes on the pedals and have to really squint and concentrate to get my depth perception right.

i agree with everything u said, and i'm the most careful about learning, but today after so many false starts with this wheel, finally grinding down the pos tire on the s18 and getting it rideable, and after trying those insane completely dangerous pads king song gave me, i was curious to find out, wtf happened. out of the box with just my yoga mat on it, i rode it perfectly fine at 41 psi. put it away and started trying to acclimate to the pos tire ks put on the s18, finally figured out instead of trying to wear it down by riding, i'd just freespin it and grind it on concrete. i did and now it's fine and it will be run at 41 psi, no slime.

and Bob wants my time, and we've been together 24/7 for over 6 years now. Bob Marley, is a huge reason why i'm still alive, my Bob Marley. so he takes priority. 

haha, this scrape is nothing. i don't even feel it, and yes after cleaning it with hibiclens, the same red stuff surgeons use before surgery, everyone should pick up a bottle, better than h2o2, i put extract on it. me stepping on that door casing staple in the burned down house, that was serious, both got extract on them. 

haha, i get injured worse than that everyday out here. this place is as raw as it gets. 6 years ago when i began with wheels, it was more civilized, no cows on the road, but shitty fence posts from home depot, cca treated 4x4's rot out in 5-6 years, so unless it's a perimeter fence with only 2160 hours to live, i only do whatever is necessary until some developer get's smart and pays me what it's worth and puts about 2000 apts here and some businesses. perfect place for "wheel world" tm copywright. 115k cars pass by me daily on the interstate. i'd like jason to look at the opportunity here now that the wheels are getting safer. a pro shop/ training center/ protective gear/ multiuse paths where wheels have the row, pedestrians can easily step out of the way. and otw to disney world an hour away. plus so utilitarian here.

still waiting for wonderful at&t to send this email to me.

finally.

here's where i camp, in half of a one trip 40' high cube shipping container. that's Bob bed underneath, and i'm thrilled after all these years, he sometimes comes in and sleeps, after knocking on the door about four times pranking me. he thinks he's funny. same routine every night. i'm sleep deprived too.C293BCE2-AD6F-4625-856C-4AE3E340DEF4.thumb.jpeg.d9b995846fe4bc1c8b6ea86bc04d5459.jpeg

There's a commitment needed to learn.  Like motocross, don't "case it".  This guy was fun to watch.  He didn't have much commitment(in his sub-concious mind to do it) but sure did stick to it for hours.  I've seen about 5 others out of about 500 who like balanced in both directions their 1st attempted ride.  That takes commitment like motocross, "don't case it" (I was local farmer king of the local farm-cut track till the 7 time Mx champ Tony Macherelli showed up one day and laped me within 3 laps of my own.  Wow, commitment, trust in the bike's suspension to go 50' high, burm-actions, ... inspiration for a life of riding... saw Bob Hanna live once too!).  

Edited by Elliott Reitz

28 minutes ago, Elliott Reitz said:

Well IDK if I'm "more talented" but am from old days... started on e+, then MSX100V, S18.. S20... Master...

So 2022 I commuted (12 mi/day) nice weather days.  I started with the S20 but it failed by May.  Then was back to S18 primary wheel which was under-speed for my commute but bicycles do those 2 lane roads and cars here tolerate it... but bugs TF outa me... got my MSX100V back from daughter... road that into Sept when eWheels sold me a controller for the warrentee failure of Alian Rides.   AR did support me with S22 through 2 failed controllers and batteries (delayed by KS-"v'GINA"), but after bats, 2 prior controller fails... yea it took cash to eWheels to get it working.  1 month to go on S22 warrenttee and its still dead per no-controller other than external means.  Ranted? complaints?  sorry... back to pedals...

I just upgraded pedals on my older S18 and MSX.  I now have working S22 and Master and have found the big spiked pedals excellent to the point of SAFETY!

Especially w/o suspension a big risk for me is getting "bounced off" via pot-holes without adequate flex to my knees (that gets tiring for longer rides). 

On my S22 I have the pedals forward position mounted.  Their length is about right but the choice is either to far forward or or back. My riding style is "loose" (not "locked in") and thus I shift front/back my foot positions frequently... I can do that even with spikes and the idea of using my shoe to transfer toe-force or heel force to a smaller pedal looses the command imput force I want and on the margin of any situation need to stay alive.  

So fk them micro slippery pedals.  Sure I have an e+, A1, and mTen3 with smaller pedals that are adaquate for the associated use-cases of those little wheels. 

@novazeus are you a new rider?

Your last post reads that way but you've got 3 wheels.  hmmm.  Ok pedal discussion... see above. 

not really a new rider, but new to these new wheels after 4 years of not being on one. originally the goal was to exercise Bob, and i was pretty accomplished on all of them, 9bs1,s2,e+,z10,16s,18s and loved the v10.

so a casual flip flop walk with Bob, and me on the s2 with it's shit tire, completely under rated, squashed underneath me, when Bob lunged forward, i was braking and it was too much for the tire, the motor still had power, i was barely moving, but my toe caught a end of a broken branch a ripped it almost completely off, i should have let go of the leash and then caught up with Bob, but i wasn't expecting the tire to give out like that. 

i don't wear flip flops around here at all. that could have happened with 165 pound Bob with me just walking him. that's where u need spikes, like golf shoes. he's a wolf killer. 743psi bite force. if he bites u, it's not gonna be a bite wound, they'll be trying to re-attach ur arm or leg, if u don't bleed out first. took lots of love and socializing next door, but Bob loves humans way more than i do. except if u try to visit uninvited. he scares me when he roars. not like any dog u know, unless ur from turkey.

so since i didn't think wheels had decent tires, except the z10, and when the batteries went dead, i didn't bother because Bob wasn't ready, and i have bigger stuff that i have to fix myself because again, idk what it is, my backhoe loader was in the shop for three weeks and they couldn't fix it, so they returned it unfixed, and i got online and did some research, and got up underneath it, ordered a part i deemed not working, and fixed it. backhoe loader $80k, z10 $2000. i have to prioritize. i have zero help and don't want any, except here, like figuring out why this s22 only charges to 95% and don't really care, unless there's something wrong, and if it hurts Bob, i'm getting the launch codes.

but off ranch riding, like i did with my ktm and harley, no. not ready for sidewalks and jumping off curbs and shit. i just need to be good enough for quick emergency rides to the walk in a half mile from my gate and back, like when i step on a staple. 

i've survived terminal prostate cancer 9 years now with no doctors or prescription drugs, plus i'm the only one that doctors my animals. very time consuming. no pay. just hard work.

haha, deja vu 5 years ago trying to sort out the 18s batteries on the forum. got lots of input, all wrong. like i said i had to get ks developer software and reflash the bms.

i only need to be good enough to take the multi use path to walgreens and my dentist. there's a labcorp at the walgreens to. i have two gps collars on Bob when i leave, so if i get an alert he's gone looking for me, i can get back here quicker than walking.

but yeah, i forgot these pedals could be moved forward, oh great, another experiment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

if anybody has any insights of whyL please do tell

so... those readings don't show a "bad" cell, but you you should be closer to 126V. Curious: what is your BMS firmware version, and what is your wheel's firmware version?

Regardless, I'd send those screenshots to your reseller and ask about them—they may say "don't worry", but you will have made them aware that something isn't right in case there's a claim to be made later. When set to 100% charge ratio, both packs should read 100% state of charge, not 93% and 96%

I'm guessing your charger isn't properly adjusted and would request a replacement.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Elliott Reitz said:

There's a commitment needed to learn.  Like motocross, don't "case it".  This guy was fun to watch.  He didn't have much commitment(in his sub-concious mind to do it) but sure did stick to it for hours.  I've seen about 5 others out of about 500 who like balanced in both directions their 1st attempted ride.  That takes commitment like motocross, "don't case it" (I was local farmer king of the local farm-cut track till the 7 time Mx champ Tony Macherelli showed up one day and laped me within 3 laps of my own.  Wow, commitment, trust in the bike's suspension to go 50' high, burm-actions, ... inspiration for a life of riding... saw Bob Hanna live once too!).  

there's a famous supercross rider who built his oww course up in zephryhiils or dade city. yeah, i have no desire to race, never did, i was a golfer.

what about my batteries and bms, is urs not that way?

i just started back, last monday on a foor i though might need amputation, haha, just kidding, but puncture wounds are extremely painful. if i feel pain, a human would be in a wheel chair, and i'm riding a wheel. i learn how to ride while taking 3000mg of cannabis extract daily. i doubt theres anybody on this forum that could ride after eating a 5mg gummy, so in that respect, staying alive, and balancing, i have zero peers, i guarantee u. 

static ataxia is the side effect of oral thc. ur standing stationary, and the next moment ur leaning like ur gonna fall. i'll be 69 in april. the last 9 have been about survival. none of u would have lived past 2014 with my prognosis. i hope u never have cancer, but 1 out of 2 of u will manifest cancer and die from it. makes my scrape seem like the nothing it is. my arms look like hamburger from Bob's razor sharp puppy days and if ur not careful he can cut u with his claws. 

here's an example of my skill level when i quit. i'd pay $1350 for another v10f before paying $1150 for a mten4, but ive never owned a 3 or a 4, too many fires. 

not a beginner but definitely no dawn. never will be, don't wanna be. this was like 4.5 years ago before the cows destroyed the road. i was just demoing it because i was one of the first to get it and shot with my phone. i left the full blown cinematic experience up to marty and others. 

my main concerns are this battery issue with the s22, if it is an issue, i think ks just programmed it that way to leave headroom to prevent overcharging. idk, i'm def no battery whiz, why i'm on this forum because if u keep asking, u might be able to put together some clues. like surviving terminal cancer 9 years, don't cha know.

Edited by novazeus

haha, i just noticed this or forgot about it. 

i was an "aambassador" for inmotion. got 10% discount directly from this bob. 

i should have sucked up to him again, but i was pretty pissed they sent me back one of y'alls trashed wheels. i never dropped any except that crazy 9be+ that had a mind of it's own. it would go 19 mph! weird weird wheel. 

bought a scooter from bob too. scooters are more dangerous than wheels out here.78D23D1B-83B4-4D00-BD6B-D06C8F433F71.thumb.png.9a6eee18803d2f5370cd8ba790aa94f5.png

43 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

so... those readings don't show a "bad" cell, but you you should be closer to 126V. Curious: what is your BMS firmware version, and what is your wheel's firmware version?

Regardless, I'd send those screenshots to your reseller and ask about them—they may say "don't worry", but you will have made them aware that something isn't right in case there's a claim to be made later. When set to 100% charge ratio, both packs should read 100% state of charge, not 93% and 96%

I'm guessing your charger isn't properly adjusted and would request a replacement.

does urs read soc 100%, 

vehicle firmware version 2.25 

bms firmware version 2.08

2 hours ago, novazeus said:

vehicle firmware version 2.25 

bms firmware version 2.08

I think they're up to BMS version 2.15, maybe that's it. Or the charger's output voltage might be slightly too low, in which case I'd look to get it replaced.

2 minutes ago, redfoxdude said:

I think they're up to BMS version 2.15, maybe that's it. Or the charger's output voltage might be slightly too low, in which case I'd look to get it replaced.

how do i reflash the bms version  another late night rendevous with tina?

fixing the18s cost me a fancy charger from jason, that didn't fix it. the bms had to be reflashed. i don't care if it ever goes to 100% i'm just worried about fires if something is wrong. 

i did rejoin fb just to friend tina. she sent me a request years ago right before i dumped yucky zucky!

Edited by novazeus

11 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

BMS is either 2.12 or 2.15 (I don’t remember, call it a senior moment). You can update the BMS via the KS app! That may well be related.

k, i'm on it!
nope, up to date says bms is version 2.08

hell, i just stubbed my big toe tripping over my wheel dolly that hurts worse than my little leg scrape today. i just posted the picture so the newbs that aer clamoring for spiked pedals know the risk. that little bite was from yoga mat covered with anti slip tape.

if u have wheels u will get bit eventually. some will die.

Edited by novazeus

6 hours ago, novazeus said:

k, i'm on it!
nope, up to date says bms is version 2.08

hell, i just stubbed my big toe tripping over my wheel dolly that hurts worse than my little leg scrape today. i just posted the picture so the newbs that aer clamoring for spiked pedals know the risk. that little bite was from yoga mat covered with anti slip tape.

if u have wheels u will get bit eventually. some will die.

You may need to update the wheel's fw before it will update the bms fw.  I'm faily certain that 2.16 is the most recent bms fw version.  This from reading comments though...I am holding out for the S22 Pro at this point.

2 hours ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

You may need to update the wheel's fw before it will update the bms fw.  I'm faily certain that 2.16 is the most recent bms fw version.  This from reading comments though...I am holding out for the S22 Pro at this point.

last night i tried but both said firmware up to date.

i do have the worse wireless service on the planet now though, at&t, so i might go outside with a tin hat, and see if that improves at&t's slow data. 

6 minutes ago, novazeus said:

last night i tried but both said firmware up to date.

i do have the worse wireless service on the planet now though, at&t, so i might go outside with a tin hat, and see if that improves at&t's slow data. 

Try softtuner instead of kingsong app, you might see more recent version there but avoid it if it says "not for customer" in the description.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Try softtuner instead of kingsong app, you might see more recent version there but avoid it if it says "not for customer" in the description.

before, in 2018, i was ignorant of the fire hazards the batteries presented, so i was happily playing with the bms and tina's engineer providing me with their software to rewrite or reflash the bms, only way back then, and of course they had to walk me thru it, because my chinese is rusty, haha, i'm sure i don't know one word of their language or even what u call it. 

but now, i'm much more tenative about screwing around with special chargers and stuff. it was a group effort between tina, her engineer, a super duper adjustable charger i got from jason and about a week of riding and charging, and like magic, the batteries went from 92% to 100%. 

there was a german on here kingsong69 that is very smart evidently but his solutions were all wrong in my case. it would have never been fixed without the reflash. batteries were perfect. that's why i think it's deja vu all over again, that's what i messaged tina last night on fb.

could somebody please turn on their s22 and tell me what version they are running on their wheel? i've had guesses, but nobody has looked!

ok, good memory,

The 7-3/4 inch maximum riser applies to most permanent residential occupancies with multiple dwelling units. 

straight from osha.

u would be amazed on how the human body and mind automatically compensates and knows wher to put ur foot going up and down stairs. 

haha, i wes in a wedding for a cop buddy, and the father in law was this local yokel, custom home builder. he built big houses but was evidently clueless, and that goes for the govt inspectors as well. he had a big wide set of stairs leading up to his entry way.  6" rise, then a few 7" rise, real obvious to me, because all i see are defects. but i'd stand outside of their reception dinner or party at their daddy's house and watch their guests, every one trip as they left the party. i almost slipped and broke my ass in his house because he screwed up on some fancy traveltine marble flooring and had a 1.5 inch sloped down tile to try and handle or hide his blundet. i ripped him a new one after almost going splat in his kitchen. he went a got colored duct tape to matk off that transition, as i advised him so he didn't get sued to oblivion. what an idiot. nicest guy u ever wanna meet and very successful bldr in his neighborhood. just clueless on homebuilding. and florida has the toughest testing for contractors in the nation, but the govt inspectors didn't catch any of those dangerous flaws, and i didn't even go upstairs, i was happy to get out alive, his house of horrors. 

anyway, a ladder is 12" rise, at least the one i just measured, but ur generally using ur arms to hold on the ladder while ur foot fishes for the next step. 

stepping off a 8,9, or 10" high pedal goes completely against what our body has been programmed for and my right hip is sore and pretty tight right now, that's my foot i put down stepping off. 

i know none of y'all could go without ur crack(wheels) for 4 years, but if u did, u would be amazed by the different muscles we use riding these wheels. not riding wheels they get no workout and go dormant. 

like in golf, if u can't slow motion ur swing, how do u expect to do it at normal speed of a swing. i know my right hip is out of whack because not knowing i had cancer, i had gone to all kinds of doctors and physical therapists for my back and right hip, and this therapist put me thru this range of motions and my right hip just didn't bend that way. 

i'm not gonna lower the pedals, and i like them high so i don't get a pedal strike, but before praticing dismounting from these high pedals i probably need to confer with one of my many young gfs that are teaching yoga now, for some exercise to get my flexibility back if possible, unless it's just a met pushing against a nerve, and then i'll just have to relearn making my right foot the planted foot and my left the accelerator and step off and step on foot. i'm righthanded but definitely left footed. my whole right leg is as stupid as my left arm.

maybe it will be easier that way. great starting over from scratch.

yup, this is why i have parallel bars or boards. u might be surprised, but even touring golf professionals that have made millions use teaching aids for themselves. it's very common. to ingrain that muscle memory. no way at 130 mph clubhead speed can u accurately strike a golf ball. the best at repeatedly hitting the sweet spot was freddy couples that was from another planet flexibilty wise but did develop back problems. golf swing is very unnatural, just like riding a wheel.

Edited by novazeus

does anybody know how to completely remove this pos trolley handle from the s22 without screwing something up. like it's not integral to the structure is it?

i think its a hazard, a false grab point.

haha, just bitching about it, and i gonto lift it out of it's cradle and i grab the useless trolley handle instead. 

and i went outside with four bars and at&t claiming 5g+, and king song says i'm up to date.

i'll show u mine if u will show me urs.

FDC00EEC-1369-4F4D-B46D-C179A992F260.thumb.jpeg.b5d9b22e0da426f63c332e3d4e38b442.jpeg

Edited by novazeus

For some reason, the standard apps are not keeping up with the software updates for the S22. You need to tread risky waters and use the KS Softtuner app. I think it has "dealer level" capabilities and you can really mess your stuff up if you don't do it correctly. 

I was able to update my wheel to the latest, and ita working great. But I pretty much was holding my breath through the whole process.