Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

Do we need a new thread for the:

Kingsong S22 Pro

KingSong KS S22 Pro 4000W

A number of improvements have been made to KingSong's KS S22 Pro.

There is a new suspension pulley system, an improved battery management system, an upgraded mainboard, and a more powerful 4000W motor.

The S22 Pro is not only more powerful, but throws in a 126V Smart Control System to be able to gain both incredibly high torque and high speed at the same time.

Introducing Kingsong's new S22 Pro suspension wheel, the successor to the S18! The S22's design reflects a highly tuned and focused off-road machine.

You can preorder yours now at S22 Pro @ smartwheel.ca

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

SKU:
1KS-S22PRO-2220WH-BLK

TOP SPEED*:
~ 70 km/h (43 mph)
MAX RANGE*:
~ 200 km (124 mi)
WEIGHT:
35 kg (77.16 lbs)
MOTOR:
4000W
BATTERY:
2220WH / 126V
MAX LOAD:
120 kg (265 lbs)
MAX GRADE*:
40 Deg
TIRE SIZE:
20 in

• KingSong KS S22 Pro Eagle EUC
Free Shipping
  • KingSong KS S22 Pro Eagle EUC
  • KingSong KS S22 Pro
  • KingSong KS S22 Pro Electric Unicycle
  • KingSong KS S22 Pro
  • KingSong KS S22 Pro Eagle EUC in Canada
$4,299.00

Upgraded S22 pro Batch | Estimated Delivery March/April 2023  

Edited by Paul A

10 hours ago, Rawnei said:

There are 6 sensors placed on the cells themselves, you can see them in this video here:

How to identify the specific sensor, having done a repair job I know that sensors 5 and 3 are at the top of the battery, sensors 4 and 2 are in the middle, sensors 6 and 1 is at the bottom but can't tell if which one is front or back. Did you take a note which sensors # it was? Should give you a clue and narrow it down to 2 possible.

Thanks for responding. It is the sensor that is labeled MOS Temperature. So I do not think it is one of the six on the battery pack. Here are my readings from the BMS. 

FD646A77-33D3-4C33-908A-6A42317975F2.jpeg

278017D6-025D-4B33-A1AA-6B42FC50BBEA.jpeg

29 minutes ago, Curt8892 said:

Thanks for responding. It is the sensor that is labeled MOS Temperature. So I do not think it is one of the six on the battery pack. Here are my readings from the BMS. 

FD646A77-33D3-4C33-908A-6A42317975F2.jpeg

278017D6-025D-4B33-A1AA-6B42FC50BBEA.jpeg

Ah, then it's hiding somewhere on the BMS itself, guessing somewhere near the mosfets, don't think there's any public information available perhaps your reseller could find out?

Edited by Rawnei

46 minutes ago, Curt8892 said:

I am only speculating, but perhaps it is the sensor here?
HlRxKWH.jpg

• Upvote 1

The white capacitor looking thing in between the square black things?

As you can tell I am not an electronic technician. 

So the sensor is working but just reading incorrectly. Most sensor I have had experience with are working or dead. Can these type of sensors function but still be considered faulty?

1 minute ago, Curt8892 said:

The white capacitor looking thing in between the square black things?

As you can tell I am not an electronic technician. 

So the sensor is working but just reading incorrectly. Most sensor I have had experience with are working or dead. Can these type of sensors function but still be considered faulty?

Yes, the white portion is probably a blob of silicone or similar to fix the sensor in place. I'm not sure if it's a thermistor or a thermocouple, but both do have failure modes where they produce inaccurate readings.
Increased resistance due to a poor connection of the sensor to the board could certainly cause inaccurate readings, even if the sensor is working fine. I would start with that.

19 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i really built this for the s18.

not the worknanship of @Duf

but it works.

Now open one end up and add a ramp and a drop and roll it on the stand.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i really built this for the s18.

Repurposing.

I did the same. I now use the BlackCrow stand I got for the S18 for the S22... on its kickstand the big one takes too much space in the wheelhouse. S18 fits on the rollon bike stand, and S22 will roll onto the S18 stand with no lifting involved!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i like that but i wanted mine to have the tire where it wasn’t on the floor.

i used an old 2x10 and 12 screws.

what i had.

gonna see if these dollies i have work.

My tire is "free" spinning when it stands on the "L" hangers.. The hole in middle of stand is just for that - so the stand "arms" make contact with the "L" hangers. Wheel drives on the stand and then falls into the hole, while it's falling down the stand arms catch the wheels "L" hangers.

Edited by Funky

2 minutes ago, Funky said:

My tire is "free" spinning when it stands on the "L" hangers.. The hole in middle of stand is just for that - so the stand "arms" make contact with the "L" hangers. Wheel drives on the stand and then falls into the hole..

Fine for non-suspension, but not so much with suspension wheels. The stand arms have to be way tall so the tire can extend all the way out.

I just let it sit on the tire and the stand's arms are there to keep the 'shell' from rotating, it's only there for a day or three at the most so if it flat spots, so be it. I doubt I'll ever know!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tawpie said:

Fine for non-suspension, but not so much with suspension wheels. The stand arms have to be way tall so the tire can extend all the way out.

I just let it sit on the tire and the stand's arms are there to keep the 'shell' from rotating, it's only there for a day or three at the most so if it flat spots, so be it. I doubt I'll ever know!

(Forgot about suspension..) Still most of weight would be held by the stand.. Motor+tire+rim weight would be on ground then.

oh, he went and done it.

first ever euc trolley stand.

and i like to inspect my tires. clean off cactus and cow pies.

and again, what i had. but for zero planning, it is amazingly stable and handy.

as always, ur results may vary. 

the dollies hide my poor carpentry.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Elliott Reitz said:

I put a fat-ass seat on it today.  Works way better!

Nice, Ive been modeling a 3d printed seat for mine. Here's the current iteration that just bolts to the top of the controller. I need longer bolts but the intent is to keep the red trim and have it bolt above it. I took it off just for fitting purposes until I get the longer bolts. Once I'm fine tuned and happy with it I'll print one out in ninjaflex for that extra soft seated ride.

20221226_143222.thumb.jpg.2c7bc2df759c45c68f00c25ef780034a.jpg20221226_143228.thumb.jpg.c2cad5ce70aeaa6e036afdf0dc994866.jpg

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, spitfire1337 said:

Nice, Ive been modeling a 3d printed seat for mine. Here's the current iteration that just bolts to the top of the controller. I need longer bolts but the intent is to keep the red trim and have it bolt above it. I took it off just for fitting purposes until I get the longer bolts. Once I'm fine tuned and happy with it I'll print one out in ninjaflex for that extra soft seated ride.

20221226_143222.thumb.jpg.2c7bc2df759c45c68f00c25ef780034a.jpg20221226_143228.thumb.jpg.c2cad5ce70aeaa6e036afdf0dc994866.jpg

From my MSX100V setup my target seat height was 23".  Yours looks closer to 19, stock about 18 (too low for me).  I've been able to ride seated for a few years now but a good fat-ass seat makes riding so much easier!

• Like 1