Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

25 minutes ago, Forwardnbak said:

i’m looking Clark Pads too, i have affiliate link on my channel so i should use them. Gen 3? 

Are they the best suited you think? 

Cheers Rawnei 

They are very nice, I will use them mainly because I already have them and used them on MSP before, I also have Grizzlas on my Sherman Max which are also very nice but will keep those on there, I think keeping the pad "whole" in one piece i.e. not splitting it back from forth is good for the S22 due to limited amount of mounting space on the shell.

1 hour ago, Forwardnbak said:

And the tire specs again? 

I found this site is very useful to visualise the different tyre sizes, I hope this helps.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc

I put in the data for 80/80 R14 and 80/90 R14 which seems to be the consensus atm.

I have  a 80/80 R14 Pirelli Angel Scooter tyre for my S18 next time round.

• Like 3

I’m thinking Grizzla pads and Heidenau K66 in an 80/90. I was concerned about the split pads but they look like they fit well on Chooch’s S22. The K66 looks like a nice compromise between knobby and dedicated street tire. Just need an S22 to put them on.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, jrhz06 said:

I’m thinking Grizzla pads and Heidenau K66 in an 80/90. I was concerned about the split pads but they look like they fit well on Chooch’s S22. The K66 looks like a nice compromise between knobby and dedicated street tire. Just need an S22 to put them on.

thinking about Grizzla also, seem to have a plate for s22 to extend the surface area to attach pads. 

https://grizzlapads.com/product/s22-mounting-plates/

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Forwardnbak said:

thinking about Grizzla also, seem to have a plate for s22 to extend the surface area to attach pads. 

All these things add thickness to an already thick wheel.  The plate and two pieces of velcro (one on pad, one on plate) will add something to the width.   If you are using velcro to attach the plate you now have 4 pieces of velcro.  It will be interesting to hear reviews from across the spectrum of users.  How wide is to wide? Or is this nothing to worry about?

Edited by Paradox
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Paradox said:

All these things add thickness to an already thick wheel.  The plate and two pieces of velcro (one on pad, one on plate) will add something to the width.   If you are using velcro to attach the plate you now have 4 pieces of velcro.  It will be interesting to hear reviews from across the spectrum of users.  How wide is to wide? Or is this nothing to worry about?

…. I’m already carrying quite the thick load between my legs.. (yep, i went there!) 

Its a good point Paradox, it was a wide beast to start with.

Guess i’m gonna end up with a John Wayne wild west stance. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Forwardnbak said:

https://grizzlapads.com/product/s22-mounting-plates/

Note that the pads in the images seem to be the XL Grizzlas which are just ridiculously big (too big IMO).

• Upvote 2

On 6/20/2022 at 4:16 PM, Paradox said:

5mm plate and a piece of velcro is still going to be way thinner than the stock pads.  The fact that people notice how wide it is yet don't complain about it after riding it for a while, tells me that it's probably nothing to worry about and is just a matter of getting used to it. 

Edited by oolong
  • Like 2

On 6/20/2022 at 11:16 PM, Paradox said:

I tried the S22 with factory pads and didn’t seem too wide to me. Clarkpads on my V12 were too wide, throwing my feet out of the pedals. Take this with a bit of salt, we are all different so this observation is quite subjective. 

• Thanks 1

https://www.theburningofrome.com/helpful-tips/how-much-did-a-model-t-cost-in-1920s/

How much did a Model T cost in 1920s?

By the early 1920’s, the price of the Model T cost about $300. 

https://www.in2013dollars.com/us/inflation/1920?amount=300

$300 in 1920 is worth $4,384.44 today

https://silodrome.com/history-model-t-ford/

With these new production line methods the build time for a Model T was reduced from 12.5 hours to 93 minutes by 1914. 

Model T Ford for about the same price, in less time, a hundred years ago.  :P

Hope the S22 becomes the Model T for EUCs.

6 hours ago, nitecrawlr said:
Ewheels s22 update. 
Order date was: August 23rd, 2021

"""
Hello,

Will try to get a Group update sent out over the next few days. 

Based on your deposit date, you should be included in one of these two containers

Hope this helps,

Jason 
"""

If anyone with a later order date receives an update from Jason in the  next few days as mentioned - can you update us? Helpful to determine the pre-order cutoff date for the ewheel batch one shipment. 

Hopefully they don't let the ppl that cancelled and have now switched back to keep their original spot in the queue. 👀

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Mango said:

Summer riding season is nearly over. It’s likely wiser to just wait for improved second/third batches and order then. S22 rollout has been an unmitigated disaster.

oh man... why did you have to go and point out? now I have to consider it.

41 minutes ago, Driftcycle said:

Hopefully they don't let the ppl that cancelled and have now switched back to keep their original spot in the queue.

If they did and it slides my Aug 25 out of this delivery set, then I'll probably follow @Mango's counsel.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

Do you know if Eevee's S22s have the 40t cells?

Pretty much certain: no.

eRiderz enquired of KS about getting the 40Ts and was told that was an eWheels only option, and KS wouldn't quote an MOQ to get them...

1 hour ago, fryman said:

(pictures of S22's in rows)

Boy, these pictures really show how EUCs need mudguards/fenders covering the entire upper half of the tire, just like every simple bicycle has. Just a cheap, flexible (no damage in a crash), clip-on/removable (for cleaning) plastic guard. This is not new technology, it just needs to be done!

Add it to the list of "inexplicably still not a thing".

Speaking of inexplicable: How can Begode design/clone/be "inspired", improve, announce, build, and ship a wheel in the time that the other manufacturers need to simply (not) ship their stuff? My condolences to all the people waiting patiently for their orders. Well, you'll get a fine wheel in the end. Eventually.

2021-sks-veloflexx-65-mudguard-set-2.jpg

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

Do you know if Eevee's S22s have the 40t cells?

Doubt it. I’ve only heard of ewheels getting them. Not even sure I would want or need the 40t cells.