Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

16 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

Sigh.

Is anyone else tyred of how easily English lets us brake the rules about witch word to use? Maybe put the breaks on spending two much energy trying too choose between to options? Or three, as the case may be.

(I can't believe they actually production released a language that is so easy to mess up :whistling: The French have a much better system, at least they have real rules)

Yeah :-)  that language is bewitched ;)

• Like 1

Checking: the idea is to 'reverse' the edge chamfer so debris is forced toward the center and away from the edge that contacts the channel? Wouldn't you want to do the same or similar on both 'ends' of the block since debris can get in between the two blocks?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Tawpie said:

Wouldn't you want to do the same or similar on both 'ends' of the block since debris can get in between the two blocks?

Didn't you watch the animation? Both ends of the slider were contoured similarly. Unfortunately it isn't feasible when rail goes through it. The sliders should extend further out of the rail to make this shape work. At the bottom there is no problems to do it, but at the top the rubber stopper interferes. It would also be a difficult shape to manufacture.

There should be grooves at the both ends of the slider. They should be deeper than the gap between slider and battery case.

@supercurio The slider blocks also are made with a slotted tap on fit around the "Tee" shaped slider rails, which limits the efficiency and the way your idea could be implemented, unfortunately!

I have timestamped one of Ekolka's previous video's where they remove and briefly show one of the slotted slider blocks: 

S20 slider block

Edited by fbhb
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, conecones said:

No matter how good the plastic slider is designed, it is still only half of the sliding mechanism that will wear out. Revisions are needed for the groove/channel on the backside of the battery box - either have the channel made out of a separate piece of aluminum that is then bolted to the battery box, or introduce a sacrificial shim along the entire length of the groove. This way you can replace the entire sliding mechanism with minimal costs as it should be designed as a serviceable part. This current design of allowing permanent wear to the battery box should not be accepted.

If you make it I will buy it👍🏿

24 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Posted on another thread by member Goatman.

An Electric Bus Caught Fire After Battery Explosion in Paris

Apr 30, 2022

A video recording shows the start of the fire which completely consumed an electric RATP bus on Friday 29 April.
The incident caused no injuries.
The bus burst into flames within seconds.

This is what can be seen on the video that captured the very beginning of the fire of an electric vehicle of the RATP in Paris , this Friday, April 29.
In the images, we can see a small explosion occur on the roof of the bus, where the batteries are located, followed by huge flames that spread to the entire body, at breakneck speed.

This line 71 bus caught fire in the 13th arrondissement of Paris in the morning, mobilizing around thirty workers, according to the firefighters contacted by Le Parisien.

It is a 100% electric vehicle, from the Bolloré brand Bluebus 5SE series, like the bus that burned down at the beginning of April .
This afternoon, the RATP decided to temporarily withdraw from circulation the 149 Bolloré electric bluebuses that circulate on its network.

The future of transportation....

• Haha 1

If the slider blocks are relatively cheap, just replace them when needed.  Like windscreen wipers on a car.

Appears to be secured with only an Allen key fastener.

Positioning of ankle at the center line of an EUC wheel might make it easier to accelerate/brake.  Aligns the body's vertical line with the vertical line of the EUC.

Riding on sealed, cleaner roads, with no excessive jumps, the S22 would excel.

Perhaps if KS had marketed the S22 in this manner, it might change the way it is perceived and critiqued.

Might be akin to marketing a Ferrari as an off road vehicle..........great car, but setting up disappointment and harsh criticisms with wrong expectations.

Great BMS that can identify if any particular cell is faulty........but then what?

Is a user supposed to be able to replace that particular cell?

I'm waiting to see is someone will drill and tap the frame that the sliders are mounted to and secure a thin brush seal between the motor and the frame that will keep debris out of the slider channel.  Tight tolerances, so until I get my hands on one it is difficult for me to know if something like that is even feasible.  

Combined with a dry film lube and some POM sliders - should be problem solved.

1 hour ago, Blunzn said:

I find it interesting that the mini-review that WW did seemed to be quite positive, then the full review seemed to be much more...meh.  He said he is considering getting one, so it must be pretty good.  Strange he wasn't more positive about the S22 in the full review.

Does it really matter that much if dirt/debris enters into the slider channels?

Will it cause that much damage?

If the plastic slider blocks are the softer material that will sustain the damage, just replace them every now and then.  The sacrificial lamb to the metal tubes.

On 3/15/2022 at 8:58 PM, fryman said:

Have no idea if space would allow for brush weather stripping on each side of the slider channels similar to this.

Screenshot_20220315-203301_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I agree brushes may work

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Paul A said:

Man, I am so surprised anyone would think the slider mechanism on the s22 looks appealing.   It is a such a poorly executed effort.  Hope they can work out something better soon.  

Edited by Simonm
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, KNZ said:

The official Kingsong Disassembly Video for the S22 confirms the quick tire removal procedure. In my books, this is a big win for Kingsong. They don't seem to be using permanent thread locking compound on the fasteners now. It does look like it will be much easier and less messy to patch or change a tire on the S22 than on my T3, or V12.

In Kingsong Reassembly Video for the S22, they were actually using Blue Loctite 242. If that is the case, I would probably just remove the spider-brackets from the hollow axle. This would make taking off the tire from the rim a lot easier. 

Edited by techyiam

9 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

still no other EUC suspension system comes close to it at the moment

Mike Leahy on Instagram: "Look at this feature! Off camber 🐳 whaletail?? Definitely the craziest thing I’ve ridden!! The s22 made it feel so buttery! I love this wheel"

Whaletail

Edited by fbhb