V11 firmware update coming soon.

Unventor

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

4.Added no-load detection and protection functions. After the no-load detection is turned on through the APP, the vehicle can still be detected, even if you disable the spin-kill button, to lift and prevent the motor from spinning(this function can be turned on or off through the APP) 

I’m sorry, but I don’t fully understand what you are saying here.😅 Do you mean that it is an alternative to spin-kill button? So what if I jump, will it turn off? :D 

Thanks for the report, though. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Zopper said:

I’m sorry, but I don’t fully understand what you are saying here.😅 Do you mean that it is an alternative to spin-kill button? So what if I jump, will it turn off? :D 

Thanks for the report, though. 

It is a function I do use or have tested. But some people asked for a no load spin test in the wheel to know what is the fastest speed of the wheel rotation. Some use this to know where their headroom margin is to set their limit of "safe" topspeed.. 

I will be clear that I don't agree with such a simple way of determine of user top speed. The reason of my opinion that it might be the only way for GW models allowing to disable alarms. But it is very hard to. Know what af spikes of power demand you have hitting a pothole or a bump or obstacle. But some were very keen on this so now you can make the test yourself. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the info @Unventor!

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

2.Optimized the Overspeed alarm function, and will continuously and uninterruptedly alarm when it is foreseen that danger may occur 

5.The whistle volume is fixed at 100%, no longer following the system volume

Those are very good changes, have you noticed any changes to tiltback when reaching top speed? I'm hoping for a bit more aggressive tiltback to make it more noticeable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

Fw update and app changes (I have no release date yet but expect it to be soonish):

Updates: 
Added Functions 
1.Added battery indicator flashing alert for low battery state(first level warning flashes slowly, second-level warning flashes quickly) 
2.Added the charging animation display 
3.Added an USB power switch, which can turn on or off the power of the USB charging port through APP 
4.Added no-load detection and protection functions. After the no-load detection is turned on through the APP, the vehicle can still be detected, even if you disable the spin-kill button, to lift and prevent the motor from spinning(this function can be turned on or off through the APP) 
5.Added the remaining mileage prediction function, which can predict the remaining mileage based on the user's historical energy consumption (this function can be turned on or off through the APP) 
6.Added the motor self-adaptation function, which can be started through APP to improve the smoothness of the motor. This function is located in: Settings/Vehicle Calibration/Motor Self-Adaptation 

Modification and Improvement 
1. Re-modified the definition of Gohome mode, the main changes are as follows 
    a. It can be turned on at any time, and will not automatically turn off after it is turned on 
    b. If the Gohome mode is not turned on in advance, the vehicle will be limited to a speed not higher than 18km/h when the low battery warning occurs, and there will be a power limit (if Gohome mode is turned on in advance, there will be no 18km/h speed limit, but there is still power limit) 
2.Optimized the Overspeed alarm function, and will continuously and uninterruptedly alarm when it is foreseen that danger may occur 
3.Improved the safety mechanism of the switch button and spin-kill button. When the motor has torque output, it will not be able to shut down and will not respond to the spin-kill button. 
4.Optimized the motor drive algorithm and control parameters, improved the riding experience, and made high-speed riding safer (it is recommended to run a motor adaptation in the app after the upgrade) 
5.The whistle volume is fixed at 100%, no longer following the system volume 
6.Added the treatment of slow tiltback when the wheel is locked or entering the transportation mode in the riding state 
7.Other details modification

Nice! They listened and delivered again! :D 

4. No matter how much I want to understand this, I can't. It was possible for a no-load speed test (85kph) before with turning the lift switch off or just picking it up at other places. So what does this do again?

6. What does this do? Did you feel any difference? how can a motor be tuned to a rider?

Modifications

1, much requested change, I guess it will be even smoother than the eucworld permament mode.

2. THIS, is very much needed, remember the thread about us testing how the alarms worked? Now if you stay in the "dangerzone" there won't be a 5 second delay between the horns/beeps. See I told you if you wish for it IM might include this change too :) 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Thanks for the info @Unventor!

Those are very good changes, have you noticed any changes to tiltback when reaching top speed? I'm hoping for a bit more aggressive tiltback to make it more noticeable.

I didn't dare going above 35 kmh as I can't see when I hit black ice and it is in many places here and when you least expect it. 

27 minutes ago, Freestyler said:

Any idea when will the firmware become publicly available?

I didn't get any date. But I have a gut feeling that it is imminent. It has been in development for quite some time. My task were to test non-domestic deployment. 

My guess is (just a guess) maybe short before Chinese New year (12th Feb) or after Spring festival (2 weeks) after. I would bet just after Spring festival. It would be safer just in case that something slipped through the severe testing done so far. 

The winter weather here prevents me to test range and speed related behaviour. So far it looks good to go. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, EUC_user said:

A half of a degree pedal adjustment would be great.

Sometimes 0° isn’t right for me, especially at night. -1° seems too high for the light and my feet and ankles.

I feel like a -0.5° tilt would be perfect.

I agree with this. With my former 18XL had 0.1 degree adjustments and I did use that. I noticed a difference of 0.2 degrees. Even 0.5 degrees is a lot. 1 degree adjustment is just not enough. 

• Like 2

There are a couple of things I would like to see in an update as well:

why the topspeed is limited to 48kmh even in fancier mode when using commuting mode with 0% pedal sensitivity?

Are the bluetooth disconnects (and getting locked until wheel restart) and firmware updates going to be fixed? Not sure if its wheel or phone related.

My riding record page is also bugged, it only shows the current month and can't see older statistics.

Smaller pedal adjustments would indeed be nice. 

My firmware wishlist item , please stop making the handle beep if the motor doesnt disengage lol

Drives me nuts i press it beeps it still spins. Like i get it i was moving it when i pressed the button, then why does it beep if i was moving it . Please only beep if the motor disengages

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Freestyler said:

I would like to see the output % parameter exposed via the app & euc world.

That's the value shown by inmotion here:

I would like to know how close I am / was to the limit of the wheel.

Do you mean that as a shortcut for some smart logic that says “for this level of battery and temperature and so on, the max safe power is this much?” Or just “actual power / fixed value?”

The second one is pretty much something you have even now - the wheel certainly reports both voltage and current and we know the max rated power, voltage range and max current. IM app reports the power directly. EUC world - I’m not sure if it can show watts as well, or just voltage and current independently.

I guess it can be calculated based on current & amp if we know the absolute maximum cutoff point?

For example if 4000watts is the maximum then at 80volt you need 50amps to reach it, at 65volts you need 61amps which is too much.

Not sure if the above makes sense.

2 hours ago, Freestyler said:

I guess it can be calculated based on current & amp if we know the absolute maximum cutoff point?

For example if 4000watts is the maximum then at 80volt you need 50amps to reach it, at 65volts you need 61amps which is too much.

Not sure if the above makes sense.

It's not that simple - there are spikes and then there is a longer draw (in seconds or longer). You can get a cutoff with lower power than what a spike will show you if your voltage is very low and you try to suddenly take just too much. Or, if going downhill with a full battery, you get a cutoff as well despite adding just a tiny bit of power. But more likely, you will just experience an overlean, where the wheel is at its "full power" within some envelope, that is lower than what the wheel can get over if it is a very short spike. Hence, I don't see a much of use for a value like this. What you really need to is to:

1. watch the current, which should not cross certain value no matter what (overload protection)
  2. watch the voltage to stay within bounds (this will warn you for most of the other cases except 1.)

Voltage of a battery changes depending on the load (or the current flowing from/to it). So the more power you are taking, the lower the momentary voltage is (and it will return to a rest value when you stop drawing any power). This is a very simple and useful proxy for how much power the device has available/how much of it are you taking. If you see that your voltage momentarily dropped nearby to 0 % value, then you are near the limits.

• Like 3

On 2/6/2021 at 6:43 AM, Inmotion Global said:

Still under beta test. Should be finished soon.

@stephen this is the most clear answer I have to give.

But I personally think the smart choice here is to wait with release until the Chinese New year and Spring festival is pasted. It start this upcoming weekend and last about 2 weeks. 

I am told the inhouse test has been extensive and my part of the testing was deployment mainly. 

So if I were Inmotion I would wait until after their holiday that there is always a limited risk that something slipped under the radar of testing. Having to wait 2 weeks for a fix due to holidays is not really optimal. 

I might be lucky for some of my areas black ice will melt next week. If that is the case I will report back with some more testing. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just received my V11 a few days ago same day my state got even more snow. (Colorado) was able to find a freezing parking garage to learn. Wasn’t able to download the new FW until yesterday. Thanks for the info! Glad to be apart of this community. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Aerlyss said:

Just received my V11 a few days ago same day my state got even more snow. (Colorado) was able to find a freezing parking garage to learn. Wasn’t able to download the new FW until yesterday. Thanks for the info! Glad to be apart of this community. 

The “new” firmware discussed here isn’t available yet. The current one is 1.2.1.

Luckily the latest Inmotion app (7.7.6) already lets us use the new low battery mode, which can be turned on whenever, and stays on! No more Go Home Mode! Yay! (At least on iOS.)

• Like 1

It’d be nice if the daytime running light (DRL) only turned on the front DRL and not the front DRL and rear light as it is currently on the V11 

This is how it works in every vehicle.

To clarify: “DRL on” should only command the front square halo light.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EUC_user said:

It’d be nice if the daytime running light (DRL) only turned on the front DRL and not the front DRL and rear light as it is currently on the V11 

This is how it works in every vehicle.

To clarify: “DRL on” should only command the front square halo light.

And that’s what V11 got better than every other vehicle IMO. Keep the rear light on for me.

• Like 1