V11 firmware update coming soon.

Unventor

On 2/4/2021 at 4:55 AM, Unventor said:

Fw update and app changes (I have no release date yet but expect it to be soonish):

Updates: 
Added Functions 
1.Added battery indicator flashing alert for low battery state(first level warning flashes slowly, second-level warning flashes quickly) 
2.Added the charging animation display 
3.Added an USB power switch, which can turn on or off the power of the USB charging port through APP 
4.Added no-load detection and protection functions. After the no-load detection is turned on through the APP, the vehicle can still be detected, even if you disable the spin-kill button, to lift and prevent the motor from spinning(this function can be turned on or off through the APP) 
5.Added the remaining mileage prediction function, which can predict the remaining mileage based on the user's historical energy consumption (this function can be turned on or off through the APP) 
6.Added the motor self-adaptation function, which can be started through APP to improve the smoothness of the motor. This function is located in: Settings/Vehicle Calibration/Motor Self-Adaptation 

Modification and Improvement 
1. Re-modified the definition of Gohome mode, the main changes are as follows 
    a. It can be turned on at any time, and will not automatically turn off after it is turned on 
    b. If the Gohome mode is not turned on in advance, the vehicle will be limited to a speed not higher than 18km/h when the low battery warning occurs, and there will be a power limit (if Gohome mode is turned on in advance, there will be no 18km/h speed limit, but there is still power limit) 
2.Optimized the Overspeed alarm function, and will continuously and uninterruptedly alarm when it is foreseen that danger may occur 
3.Improved the safety mechanism of the switch button and spin-kill button. When the motor has torque output, it will not be able to shut down and will not respond to the spin-kill button. 
4.Optimized the motor drive algorithm and control parameters, improved the riding experience, and made high-speed riding safer (it is recommended to run a motor adaptation in the app after the upgrade) 
5.The whistle volume is fixed at 100%, no longer following the system volume 
6.Added the treatment of slow tiltback when the wheel is locked or entering the transportation mode in the riding state 
7.Other details modification

When's the update out??

4 minutes ago, stephen said:

When's the update out??

I don't know. It was never discussed. Except I was bought in to test non-domestic deployment. 

Today I finally got to ride a little again. I can say the top speed tiltback feel really good. I hit it at 45kmh going up a hill when pushing acceleration past a couple. It is a pedestrian and bike lane. 

So about the tiltback it kicked in with just right amount of force so you know you hit a limit but not so hard you loose control.

As the time I kinda got cought by suprise as I didn't expect to be going that fast. But I really like how it felt. 

So I shared this feedback with Inmotion so maybe they will make this public soon. When I wrote this to them, it was night time their time zone. 

If I get info I can share I will post this asap. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just a brief update. 

I asked if I couldvget some more info on a possible release date. But unfortunately I have not gotten any reply. 

On the other hard there is a slight change so public EUC.WORLD couldn't connect correctly with my current beta fw version. 

I don't know how he did it but (I like to teger to him as The King) @Sebareleased a beta version of EUC.WORLD that serms to work good last evening. I am truly impressed by his skills. It might be simple if you know your stuff, but to me I don't have these skills so to me it is pure magic what he does and that is fine by me too. 

I do hope to get out to ride a bit tomorrow after work. Still cold here but dark afternoons are turning brighter so hopefully this is a kickstart of the next RUC spring season. 

• Like 2

The Inmotion app got updated on iOS today. Version 7.8.0.

Changelog:

Fix some known bugs;

add new adaptation to V8S models;

add new adaptation to A1F models;

add new support for V11 new firmware related features;

ED36A7A1-C67B-46F1-A861-4F0AFDD80D7D.thumb.jpeg.33daefccf12ffdd5780899b5206be834.jpeg

There are two new options/toggles under “Features” which probably coincide with the upcoming firmware. Translated from Chinese:

1) No-load detection - This supports "4.Added no-load detection and protection functions. After the no-load detection is turned on through the APP, the vehicle can still be detected, even if you disable the spin-kill button, to lift and prevent the motor from spinning(this function can be turned on or off through the APP) "

2) USB power switch - This supports "3.Added an USB power switch, which can turn on or off the power of the USB charging port through APP "

54328997-E4C9-4181-9489-6657D9477E6E.thumb.png.7610f0cd59e0c35a2f842fe756fa39e1.png

There are also more options under the “Vehicle Correction” menu.

This supports "6.Added the motor self-adaptation function, which can be started through APP to improve the smoothness of the motor. This function is located in: Settings/Vehicle Calibration/Motor Self-Adaptation "

7412E670-27D3-41F0-BC76-91ED94E3CD46.thumb.png.f66ca81b8b6a323c98354017e897c23c.png

I do not see the following in the app update: "5.Added the remaining mileage prediction function, which can predict the remaining mileage based on the user's historical energy consumption (this function can be turned on or off through the APP) "

Edited by EUC_user
  • Like 3

It'd be nice if they could allow finer "BALANCE ANGLE" adjustments as I previously brought up and also even down to a finer scale like @UniVehje mentioned.

For example: -0.1°, -0.2°, -0.3°, -0.4°, -0.5°, -0.6°, -0.7°, -0.8°, -0.9°, etc.

Even 0.5° at a minimum would be nice.

Edited by EUC_user
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, EUC_user said:

It'd be nice if they could allow finer "BALANCE ANGLE" adjustments as I previously brought up and also even down to a finer scale like @UniVehje mentioned.

For example: -0.1°, -0.2°, -0.3°, -0.4°, -0.5°, -0.6°, -0.7°, -0.8°, -0.9°, etc.

Even 0.5° at a minimum would be nice.

You can actually set these values by sending raw commands to the wheel and the wheel accepts them.

I have tried it and the wheel indeed can tilt at a finder grain then whole degrees, but I have not actually ridden the wheel.

Seba said that he has also tried it himself but the IMU drifs. Not sure what he actually meant. Maybe the wheel has pedal dip in turns?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Freestyler said:

You can actually set these values by sending raw commands to the wheel and the wheel accepts them.

I have tried it and the wheel indeed can tilt at a finder grain then whole degrees, but I have not actually ridden the wheel.

Seba said that he has also tried it himself but the IMU drifs. Not sure what he actually meant. Maybe the wheel has pedal dip in turns?

What app allows sending the wheel raw commands?

I do have NewTerm and OpenSSH.

Though is imagine I’d need a Bluetooth connection be established beforehand.

Edited by EUC_user

The no load detection works pretty well. It works to eventually stop the wheel from spinning when lifting the wheel and pushing the kill switch didn’t work as planned.

It slows it down nicely. As opposed to having the wheel run at full speed and then cut out and slow down naturally due to friction.

I also performed the self-adjustment procedure. I haven’t ridden the wheel yet to test out the improvement in the “riding experience.”

The only problem I see is that the prompt stays visible in the app even when the procedure completes. I assume the procedure completed when the wheel stops moving. When the procedure actually completes, the prompt/pop up should disappear. There is a “Hide” button however.

Edited by EUC_user
  • Like 1

On 3/24/2021 at 12:09 AM, EUC_user said:

Well, the latest Inmotion app update (version 7.8.1) removed the “No-load detection” (this worked) and “USB power switch” (this didn’t work) options.

Maybe they weren’t supposed to show up with the current firmware, and they made them hide unless they detect the upcoming firmware.

I had asked to get a release date just again day before yesterday. No info and now it is live. 

I have still not been able to ride with the new public fw.