Quality of videos in The Video Thread

3 hours ago, stephen said:

humour is humour

Nuff said

44 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Something like kizomba/country boot skootin boogie. Girls are definitely hinged differently than guys at the hips.😋

Watching that vid took my youtube by surprise and em wiggly lady hips by murica all over my feed. "Oh my", this prolly cannot be fixed at all.. I might have to make new youtube account to fix this problem..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Midlife Cricycle said:

I have to say @Mike Sacristan I've always found you slightly irritating since I called you out on YT for not wearing a helmet and you snapped back at me to mind my own business. But I held back from commenting further as you clearly had no desire to change your ways or even acknowledge your role as an ambassador of the sport.

But I won't stand by and say nothing about your misogyny. The childish sniggering about it being a 'moist' Saturday was one thing, but the final comment on your first video - "right in the vagina" - is just vile. Seriously, that sort of shit is unacceptable and is part of the reason the sport is still primarily one for 'bros'.     

boring :sleep1:

6 hours ago, Midlife Cricycle said:

Saying "the world is full of all types" to excuse shitty behaviour is a cop-out. If you have no desire to make this community more inviting to 50% of the population, that's up to you. But I seriously doubt you speak for the majority, as you claim. That you admit you are irritating to damn near everyone suggests the opposite is closer to the truth.
The IG video I watched is not 30 mins. More like 2.

What I don't understand is why you are so active on this forum when you have such obvious disdain for nurturing a healthy community?  

boring :sleep1::sleep1:

5 hours ago, Midlife Cricycle said:

Yes, it is my opinion that him saying "right in the vagina" is offensive to women and is the sort of attitude that keeps more from growing the sport. You can dismiss me as just another PC, bleeding heart, censorship-obsessed type but, like you, I don't give a shit. When I hear that stuff, I'll call it out. Not for you, because you are clearly not going to change, but for others who may be watching/reading and wondering if it's just them that get a little uncomfortable hearing such stuff. If more men called out other men's misogyny rather than dismissing it as just a little 'locker-room talk', the world would be a better place for all of us. It shouldn't matter whether it's a locker room, a board-room, behind closed doors or out in the open. The more it gets called out, the less we will hear it. Too bad if it makes things a bit uncomfortable.

For the record, I used to find humour in that sort of stuff too. Then I stopped being a teenager.  

boring :sleep1::sleep1::sleep1:

I could write so much about it, but if I told every boring, annoying guy or fanboy my opinion, there would be no time left for important things. :efef19744a:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tasku said:

Watching that vid took my youtube by surprise

You should check out the instructional kizomba vid:

https://youtu.be/A5eru3E5SAY

Or one of the synchronous lady style videos

https://youtu.be/lAbntBHJWns

to look for the elements of the kizomba dance in the kizomba/country video.😏👯

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Agree.

My advice... let it go. I’ve never seen you have any contempt for women in your videos. 

Thank you.  I am working on it. It seems to be a life long project so far. 

3 hours ago, Tasku said:

Nuff said

Watching that vid took my youtube by surprise and em wiggly lady hips by murica all over my feed. "Oh my", this prolly cannot be fixed at all.. I might have to make new youtube account to fix this problem..

I hate it when that happens. I remove it from my watch history and also from suggestions. YouTube usually guesses right though and in my case it's:

EUC videos, deep house music, funny clips, Tekken matches... and I guess that's it! Although I did watch a video about dandruff the other day and then all hell was unleashed. Murica!

Just got home from a cruise with some friends. On the way home I bought my wife some candy (hand picked vegan), mango sorbet (vegan), a vegan pastry and some vegan chocolate. Glad to see this forum wasn't a hell hole. I was a bit worried to be honest...

3 hours ago, buell47 said:

boring :sleep1:

boring :sleep1::sleep1:

boring :sleep1::sleep1::sleep1:

I could write so much about it, but if I told every boring, annoying guy or fanboy my opinion, there would be no time left for important things. :efef19744a:

I have the opposite problem. If I don't I get a brain tumour.

1 hour ago, Bob Eisenman said:

You should check out the instructional kizomba vid:

https://youtu.be/A5eru3E5SAY

Or one of the synchronous lady style videos

https://youtu.be/lAbntBHJWns

to look for the elements of the kizomba dance in the kizomba/country video.😏👯

:roflmao: It is quite mesmerising.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

I have the opposite problem. If I don't I get a brain tumour

Yeah, we are pretty much the same, but these wacky EUC riders just keep ordering those shitty power pads and rob me of my free time where I normally would have had time to bitch about such people. :roflmao:

But maybe I'm slowly reaching an age where I don't give a shit about guys like that. Whether this is really the case, we will see when I get bored again. :efee612b4b:

• Like 1

ShanesPlanet

I will give you 48hrs to amend your commentary prior before I hand you your backside on a plate in this forum.

You're on notice. Bring some popcorn.

(Of course you're going to bring bluster and nonsensical vitriol in anticipation of your crap coming..... lets do this.. lets have some fun here...

(caveat, lets stay decent.)

GET READY... You will be judged on all that I see... and man... will you be judged ! because your bluster writes cheques you cannot honour.

Warmest regards.

(Tune in folks, thread will get busy. all the very best)

Edited by RayBanMonster

20 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Not sure what is going on here, but this is the video thread. Fights go in their own place please:)

Yes. indeed, agreed... ... & therefore perhaps like some of mine, many of ShanesPlanet comments should therefore,  ALSO be relegated.

Fairs fair. Notice I challenged and I got rebuttal, but he got a free pass prior?   hmm  I will not be cowed.  Lets bring this on.. in a forum aside of his choosing. If he declines, he just got away with crap I could not here. we Meanwhile.. epic ride today on the fabulous MSP.. :-)

Edited by RayBanMonster
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RayBanMonster said:

ShanesPlanet

I will give you 48hrs to amend your commentary prior before I hand you your backside on a plate in this forum.

You're on notice. Bring some popcorn.

(Of course you're going to bring bluster and nonsensical vitriol in anticipation of your crap coming..... lets do this.. lets have some fun here...

(caveat, lets stay decent.)

GET READY... You will be judged on all that I see... and man... will you be judged ! because your bluster writes cheques you cannot honour.

Warmest regards.

(Tune in folks, thread will get busy. all the very best)

By all means, if you feel you must personally attack me, you have that ability. I don't have any inclination to continue ruin this thread. I already have been baited and reacted in a way that was probably not worth my time. Discrediting me BEFORE I even respond, pretty much sums up why this is a waste of my time. If youll look back, I doubt I have personally attacked you. I still think its not my place nor yours to decide what quality of video deserves be here and which does not. I know nothing about you aside from you seem to think that 'judgement' of another is something you are entitled to share. Please by all means, up your video game as you mentioned and waste your time 'judging' and focusing on one single man across the globe.  I'd imagine most people here are already sick of my opinion of it all and would much rather go back to watching videos. If I am asked by a moderator to delete my content because they feel its in error, I will be more than happy to do so. I do think Meep is trying to be civil and is already reminding us that this is not the intent of the video thread.  So by all means, make a new thread and commence to 'handing me my ass'. If nothing else, it may be a fun read. Perhaps we shoudlnt forget who opened this can of worms by judging video quality and calling out EVERYONE to do better. Typically I respond to things, not start them.:popcorn:

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

I would also like to add.
Right in the vagina is geared towards men and is a play on words.

Society always expects men to do the more extreme stuff, the jumps, the danger, the falling, etc. If we do not we are deemed less manly. Often with slurs like being called a pussy or not having any balls. It is interesting how you found misogyny in this.

Moist was taken from How I met Your Mother so I can't take credit for that. You instantly connecting it to women you can take credit for.

And yes... you may have stopped being a teenager. The real question though is... what did you become?

Your argument essentially boils down to:

1. You are nice to women so your comment couldn't possibly be misogynistic.

2. Your comment was a play on words

3. Society places pressure on men to be more manly and extreme and comments like yours somehow liberate men from this trap.

Your first argument falls flat for the reason that you can be both. For the record, I don't think you're a raging woman-hater (based on our limited interactions). I do think you might occasionally use language that perpetuates unhealthy attitudes to women. I have certainly done so in my life (as I earlier admitted) but have worked hard to get better at this and accepted responsibility when I've been called out on this.

Your second argument - that "Right in the vagina" is a play on words - doesn't make sense to me. What word is being played with? If you think this is a pun, I suggest you look up the meaning of the word.

Your third argument is the least convincing and really quite confusing. You admit that your comment was aimed more towards men. That's kind of my point. You made that comment with male audiences in mind but gave little thought to how women might hear it. I mentioned this whole thing to my wife and when I told her your comment at the end of your video, she recoiled. Can I suggest you ask your partner/female friends for their thoughts on your comment? I'm also not sure how a comment like that, aimed towards men who are trapped in this world of masculine expectations, is meant to help the situation. I'm genuinely confused and would appreciate your further insights.

To me, "Right in the vagina" has obvious overtones of sexualised violence towards women. My interpretation is that you had just completed a day of tricks and jumps and felt like you had nailed it. Smashed it. Where? Right in the vagina. It was an assertion of your cigarette-smoking, too-tough-to-wear-a-helmet, dabbing manliness.

I really didn't set out to start a war on a forum that I otherwise enjoy, but there is clearly a sexism problem here (have a look at past threads on this issue as well as the recent controversy over the Begode picture of a large-breasted model astride an EUC and the response to it). I also note the response of other posters, replying with no sense of irony for me not to get my "panties in a twist". And saying that "humour is humour", a tautological phrase akin to the old chestnut: "boys will be boys!".

I stopped suggesting you wear a helmet when it became apparent that there is not much there worth protecting.

3 hours ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

I dont care how awful your video is i hope you all still post here. This is a wonderful place to share experiences and grow the EUC community. Dont let the vocal minority scare you off, you cant improve if you dont keep posting. 

They say the average 1000 subscriber YouTube account has 152 videos. Thats 1 video a week for almost 3 years! 

Whether your doing reviews or vlogs or trail rides or whatever, Keep at it everyone! The more content we produce the larger the community will grow!

I agree, totally... everybody is included....

but lets not pretend all videos are equal....

You're welcome.

3 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

By all means, if you feel you must personally attack me, you have that ability. I don't have any inclination to continue ruin this thread. I already have been baited and reacted in a way that was probably not worth my time. Discrediting me BEFORE I even respond, pretty much sums up why this is a waste of my time. If youll look back, I doubt I have personally attacked you. I still think its not my place nor yours to decide what quality of video deserves be here and which does not. I know nothing about you aside from you seem to think that 'judgement' of another is something you are entitled to share. Please by all means, up your video game as you mentioned and waste your time 'judging' and focusing on one single man across the globe.  I'd imagine most people here are already sick of my opinion of it all and would much rather go back to watching videos. If I am asked by a moderator to delete my content because they feel its in error, I will be more than happy to do so. I do think Meep is trying to be civil and is already reminding us that this is not the intent of the video thread.  So by all means, make a new thread and commence to 'handing me my ass'. If nothing else, it may be a fun read. Perhaps we shoudlnt forget who opened this can of worms by judging video quality and calling out EVERYONE to do better. Typically I respond to things, not start them.:popcorn:

Iam a kind human.. and there's something about you,  video or not that makes me step up to your precociousness and I will always do it regardless of video content coming or not.

Meep is very civil, in fact most people are civil... and that should be a message to you.

Yes, I did post displeasure at lazy video content.. but actually it was said for the good of the forum... now newbies will edit better for content . They should NOT feel inhibited to present content, this isnt a children's forum... we fail we hurt in this hobby. We need truth not lies here. We need humanity and warmth, not bluster and precociousness, for you are one trip short of a faceplant and humility is required.  That is EXACTLY the reason why I asked for folk to step up the video content.

TOO MANY VIDEOS PROJECTING A VISION OF WHAT THEY WANT, NOT THE TRUTH OF WHO THEY ARE, NOT THE JOURNEY OF FAILURE THAT IS ALL OUR EXPERIENCES,, WORSE... A VIDEO OF BANALITY WITHOUT MUCH OF THEM OR SUBJECT MATTER WITHIN IT. !  Let people up vote your commentary. I don't care,  because it isn't REAL. Newcomers will still fall hard and people will need to be cared for.

A video of silence, that has a history of BLUSTER  that says nothing about this truth,  IS A F*  LIE!  

:popcorn:

Edited by RayBanMonster

19 minutes ago, Midlife Cricycle said:

To me, "Right in the vagina" has obvious overtones of sexualised violence towards women. My interpretation is that you had just completed a day of tricks and jumps and felt like you had nailed it. Smashed it. Where? Right in the vagina. It was an assertion of your cigarette-smoking, too-tough-to-wear-a-helmet, dabbing manliness.

Your interpretation is entirely wrong and not at all what I meant.

Try again.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, RayBanMonster said:

We need humanity and warmth, not bluster and precociousness

100% agree. Personally i would pm advice to people about their videos or comment on them instead of putting people on blast.  Blasting people for not putting in as much effort to their videos as Kuji and EVX is a bit extreme. Help them, dont shame them 

• Like 3

Just now, Mike Sacristan said:

Your interpretation is entirely wrong and not at all what I meant.

Try again.

Oh are we playing 'Guess the Inner Workings of Mike's Mind"?

Okay, how about:

- You were turned on after a day of hard riding and you were thinking about where you would like to have sex.

- Someone off-camera was asking you a question relating to gynecology.

- You were afraid of a cut-out and your words were merely an expression of your desire to retreat to the safety of the maternal womb.

It might be easier if you just enlightened us all.

4 minutes ago, Midlife Cricycle said:

Oh are we playing 'Guess the Inner Workings of Mike's Mind"?

Okay, how about:

- You were turned on after a day of hard riding and you were thinking about where you would like to have sex.

- Someone off-camera was asking you a question relating to gynecology.

- You were afraid of a cut-out and your words were merely an expression of your desire to retreat to the safety of the maternal womb.

It might be easier if you just enlightened us all.

Dude... guy puts out BEST video content. STFU please.

Thanks

• Like 2

Moderators...

I think we need better definition of what exactly video thread is meant to be about, because clearly "dissent and nonsense, even if mine" is rising and being equally challenged.

Lets redefine what this thread is about maybe?  So that we are primed before posting?

All the best

Paul

Edited by RayBanMonster
  • Like 1

Just now, RayBanMonster said:

Dude... guy puts out BEST video content. STFU please.

Thanks

How is that relevant? Do content creators get to say/do whatever they like just because you find their videos entertaining? Or does the fact that they put themselves out there mean they are equally open to criticism as well as fanboy praise? As others have said before, he is a big boy and can defend himself.

Thanks for playing.

2 minutes ago, Midlife Cricycle said:

How is that relevant? Do content creators get to say/do whatever they like just because you find their videos entertaining? Or does the fact that they put themselves out there mean they are equally open to criticism as well as fanboy praise? As others have said before, he is a big boy and can defend himself.

Thanks for playing.

Please understand.... your critique is also a show of values.

All the best.

• Like 2

• meepmeepmayer changed the title to Quality of videos in The Video Thread