I did it! My first wheel (IPS Zero)

Supersmi

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Wednesday, December 30, 2015 at 8:56 PM, Supersmi said:

Yes Yes, I got it !!!

It arrived yesterday and I unpacked it already and made my first unpacking video. As soon as transfer the movie from my phone I'll post it here somewhere.

@Tom, RunRui is solid, go for it. She kept her promise and was able to deliver.

Despite of the setback we had with the first forwarder she was able to deliver 12 days after sending through the second forwarder. I paid 77 USD for the 340 version including shipping and no taxes whatsoever. 

@Nicholas I'm from Gent in Belgium (that"s the place that you guys refer to as the parking lot :-)

how much did you pay in the end, all costs included?

9 hours ago, Supersmi said:

@Jurgen 770 USD, which was the price received from IPS. I had no extra costs for import from customs

That's only € 700, this very good value.

Monowiel.be charges € 1049 for the 320Wversion (not the 340W !) which I find extremely expensive.

I bought my 340W Lhotz there 4 months ago for € 949 (they no longer import it), which is a more expensive 16" wheel ; IPS quoted me USD 911 for this model. Extrapolating these prices, means Monowiel.be is charging like € 250 too much for the IPS Zero :angry:

Congrats, and Enjoy.

@JurgenIt's indeed good value to buy the IPS Zero for that money in China but my point of view about Monowiel.be and other local distributors is that they are not charging too much for the IPS Zero or their EUC in general.

It's just that they (and other local distributors) buy something and then resell it with added value and service. That service takes time and investment from their side. I'm thinking about their pre sales efforts like advice and availability within local countries. And of course after sales tasks like having a person locally to actually go to in case of problems.

We are people who want to invest time and effort in looking everything up on the net, ordering in China, waiting for a long time and not being sure what will arrive, how it will arrive, how much we'll have to pay more to customs and not be sure if a solution will be provided when there is a problem.

Other people prefer to go to a "local" shop and spend more money to not bother for all of the above. From my point of view they are providing that choice to end users, which is a good thing and If those € 250 makes it worth, then local distributors have the extra value

Supersmi.... me too am "patiently" waiting for my new wheels too hopefully this week. 

Make sure you get lots of bumper stickers to protect your wheels... may look ugly but definitely worth it...!!

Love to hear how zero compares with ninebot :)

• 1 month later...
On Tuesday, December 15, 2015 at 9:05 PM, Paddylaz said:

Hi Juergen, was your turning problem something you found straight out of the box? What happens when you turn? Does it seem software or hardware based?

Im receiving my Lhotz tomorrow from iamips in China. 

@Paddylaz finally found the time to return my Lhotz to the Belgian reseller (monowiel.be).

They replaced without discussion the MB and battery. I'll get it back tomorrow.

On 3-1-2016 at 9:42 AM, Jurgen said:

That's only € 700, this very good value.

Monowiel.be charges € 1049 for the 320Wversion (not the 340W !) which I find extremely expensive.

I bought my 340W Lhotz there 4 months ago for € 949 (they no longer import it), which is a more expensive 16" wheel ; IPS quoted me USD 911 for this model. Extrapolating these prices, means Monowiel.be is charging like € 250 too much for the IPS Zero :angry:

Congrats, and Enjoy.

I paid 700USD for my IPS Zero 240. delivered in Belgium incl. taxes and transport.

@Supersmi I'm not against resellers making a profit, on the contrary. But you have to do the math:

A price difference of 50% more than wat you pay at the manufacturer, means 2xreseller price = 3x direct import price

In plain Dutch, you can buy 3 wheels for the same price you have 2 at the reseller. Even 1 one dies on you, you still don't loose money.

7 hours ago, Ponne said:

I paid 700USD for my IPS Zero 240. delivered in Belgium incl. taxes and transport.

At monowiel.be they don't sell that version any more.

The Lhotz is now back at € 1099 instead fo € 949 in august, that's an 14% increase.

And they've reduced the Zero 340 price to € 999, but 2 months ago it was € 1049 for the 320Wversion (not the 340W), equivalent reduction of around 15%

With the cheaper wheels the transportations costs are a big % of the price unfortunately. Monowiel.be gives good support, it's a pitty their prices jojo up and down like that and they don't have the full battery range all the time.

• 3 months later...
37 minutes ago, Jurgen said:

the lhotz handle is a round stainless steel tube: difficult to grip and slippery

I like the Lhotz handle. For me it is easy to grip and not slippery. I suppose adding a rubber grip to the handle would be nice though.

I agree with the other comments that the Lhtoz is too big and heavy for train commuting.

On 26/06/2016 at 0:48 AM, MaxLinux said:

I like the Lhotz handle. For me it is easy to grip and not slippery. I suppose adding a rubber grip to the handle would be nice though.

You can use sport tape like for tennis racket handle.

Archived