I did it! My first wheel (IPS Zero)

Supersmi

7 minutes ago, Tom said:

Hoping I can get some help on the shipping situation. I've been quoted $630 for IPS Zero 340Wh from Runrui this is including shipping to UK but not sure now after hearing so many cheaper options and also the issue with EUC not being allowed in the UK...

Wow! $630.00 USD Shipped? That is a bargain!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Tom said:

Oops! I meant the 260Wh version, sorry! I should also add I'm buying 2.

Get the 340wh version. You will find it more useful when making trips to the parks and bike lanes. Ask for a discount since you are buying 2 units.

Just now, SlowMo said:

Get the 340wh version. You will find it more useful when making trips to the parks and bike lanes.

Yes I'm now 99% sure I will go for the 340Wh version, I just wanted to check if anyone in the UK received one from these suppliers recently, or even if there is anyone else selling?

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

Yes I'm now 99% sure I will go for the 340Wh version, I just wanted to check if anyone in the UK received one from these suppliers recently, or even if there is anyone else selling?

The MCM4 340wh HS costs slightly more but has a more powerful motor and the seller ships super fast.

A lot of people from Belgium here! :D
From which city are you Supersmi, Jurgen and Jug? 

I'm from Antwerp, but I ride my IPS Zero all over the country (Antwerp, Brussels, Ostend, Liège, ...) so maybe we'll meet someday! :P

Yes Yes, I got it !!!

It arrived yesterday and I unpacked it already and made my first unpacking video. As soon as transfer the movie from my phone I'll post it here somewhere.

@Tom, RunRui is solid, go for it. She kept her promise and was able to deliver.

Despite of the setback we had with the first forwarder she was able to deliver 12 days after sending through the second forwarder. I paid 77 USD for the 340 version including shipping and no taxes whatsoever. 

@Nicholas I'm from Gent in Belgium (that"s the place that you guys refer to as the parking lot :-)

Just now, Supersmi said:

Yes Yes, I got it !!!

It arrived yesterday and I unpacked it already and made my first unpacking video. As soon as transfer the movie from my phone I'll post it here somewhere.

Despite of the setback we had with the first forwarder she was able to deliver 12 days after sending through the second forwarder. I paid 77 USD for the 340 version including shipping and no taxes whatsoever. 

Congrats! You will be happy with the Zero. Its beautiful and light.

@Supersmi congrats!

For me it was very difficult to start but i did not give up and got on it on first day but it was sloppy with lot of left-right moving and vibrating between legs :P

I ride not bad now but very far of been confort on it! And still struggling jumping on, for of i get better :)

Just go slowly and with protection on and do not give up!!! ;)

@Nicholas I am from Brussels and from very bad reputed commun "MOLENBEEK" :mellow:

56 minutes ago, Supersmi said:

Yes Yes, I got it !!!

@Nicholas I'm from Gent in Belgium (that"s the place that you guys refer to as the parking lot :-)

Awesome, thanks! What exactly did the Zero come with? In some photos they show it includes wrist guards, would be cool otherwise I will buy separately. 

12 minutes ago, Tom said:

Awesome, thanks! What exactly did the Zero come with? In some photos they show it includes wrist guards, would be cool otherwise I will buy separately. 

You have to buy good quality wrist guards. The provided neoprene gloves will not protect you from a fall. 

@Supersmi Not everyone does that ;) I like every big city, but I do not come to Ghent very often (maybe twice a month or so). I only once used my EUC there.

@Jug Indeed, Molenbeek has not the best reputation nowadays. :) I don't mind this reputation, but if I come to Brussels, it's more the center of Brussels (La rue neuve, la Bourse etc.) Normally I would have came to Brussels tomorrow to see the fireworks, but I heard that they cancelled it, because they are afraid of terror attacks... :( 

@Jurgen I see you are from Mechelen. Maybe I'll meet you someday there, because I come a lot to Mechelen with my EUC.

As Belgium is very small, I'm sure I'll meet one of you someday. :) In Ostend I already met a lot of unicyclers, some people even multiple times. I noticed that EUC's are a lot more popular at the sea side, because it's handy to ride at the dikes. In other cities I never came across other unicyclers.

I am already riding a EUC for half a year now and I notice that people are getting used to see EUC's on the street. In the beginning I was stopped by a lot of pedestrians, police officers, ... out of curiosity and they all wanted to try riding it. Now I only see some people staring and sometimes I get a thumbs up, but I am not stopped very often anymore. Now it is possible to use a EUC as a quick transport method. In the beginning I was faster if I walked because then I wasn't stopped by people every five minutes. :D 

@Jurgen If you ride your EUC in Antwerp, don't try to ride it in the Antwerp train station. I once did it and after a while three security guys were chasing me. :D 

5 hours ago, Nicholas said:

As Belgium is very small, I'm sure I'll meet one of you someday. :) In Ostend I already met a lot of unicyclers, some people even multiple times. I noticed that EUC's are a lot more popular at the sea side, because it's handy to ride at the dikes. In other cities I never came across other unicyclers.

I am already riding a EUC for half a year now and I notice that people are getting used to see EUC's on the street. In the beginning I was stopped by a lot of pedestrians, police officers, ... out of curiosity and they all wanted to try riding it. Now I only see some people staring and sometimes I get a thumbs up, but I am not stopped very often anymore. Now it is possible to use a EUC as a quick transport method. In the beginning I was faster if I walked because then I wasn't stopped by people every five minutes. :D 

@Jurgen If you ride your EUC in Antwerp, don't try to ride it in the Antwerp train station. I once did it and after a while three security guys were chasing me. :D 

what with the security guys in Antwerp?

9 hours ago, Jurgen said:

what with the security guys in Antwerp?

They see a EUC as a bicycle and you may not use a bicycle in the train station, so you may not use a EUC in the train station as well.
Two guys were really annoyed by us (I was unicycling with a friend), but the boss (the third guy was the chef of the train station) was a friendly guy and told us we cannot use it in the train station. I don't think they can give you a fine, as by Belgian law you are a pedestrian if you drive slow enough, but if you want to avoid troubles, don't do it. ;) 

Archived