I did it! My first wheel (IPS Zero)

Supersmi

I did it!

I purchased my first wheel and am now waiting to get it. 

After some (a lot) reading here on the forum and on the internet I came to the choice of the IPS Zero with 340 battery. 

Some advice from some members brought me to the factory of IPS and I ordered directly from them. 

The message from them was: We will ship your order to our "forwarder" who will then ship it to you. It could take 3 days before you get your shipment number. 

We are now 3 days further and I'm checking my mail much more regularly then I would do otherwise :-)

I am in any case exited to get my first wheel and looking forward to it. 

I hope I made a good choice with that wheel and would like to thank some of the members in this forum for the advice on where to buy. 

Also a big hand for all members who contribute actively. This forum is a goldmine for information. Thanks all!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Supersmi said:

I did it!

I purchased my first wheel and am now waiting to get it. 

After some (a lot) reading here on the forum and on the internet I came to the choice of the IPS Zero with 340 battery. 

Some advice from some members brought me to the factory of IPS and I ordered directly from them. 

The message from them was: We will ship your order to our "forwarder" who will then ship it to you. It could take 3 days before you get your shipment number. 

We are now 3 days further and I'm checking my mail much more regularly then I would do otherwise :-)

I am in any case exited to get my first wheel and looking forward to it. 

I hope I made a good choice with that wheel and would like to thank some of the members in this forum for the advice on where to buy. 

Also a big hand for all members who contribute actively. This forum is a goldmine for information. Thanks all!

Congratulation, it is a good and wise choice.

Please share your contact for the factory.

@Colestien & @csmyers, upon receipt I will share all details. Till now we're 4 days after ordering and I got the shipment number today. They claimed that the shipment number will only show any progress after it arrived in my country (Belgium) and after it cleared customs.....not sure what's the use of a tracking number if only showing the very last part of the voyage ...

I'm also hoping not to have to pay extra to the customs here in Belgium. The seller reassured me that they will pay for everything (also custom clearance) and that there will be no extra cost.

Fingers crossed :-)

Congratulations!!!.  Sorry that's the first thing I should have said.  I hope you learn as fast as my Daughter (2 days), and enjoy it as much as I do.  I'm a full fledged Addict.   If I'm not on it daily I feel like I'm missing something. Like there is something I should be doing.

On 8-12-2015 at 9:42 PM, Colestien said:

Congratulations!!!.  Sorry that's the first thing I should have said.  I hope you learn as fast as my Daughter (2 days), and enjoy it as much as I do.  I'm a full fledged Addict.   If I'm not on it daily I feel like I'm missing something. Like there is something I should be doing.

@ColestienI'm looking forward to it as well. Status of today is that I'm checking twice per day if the status on UPS already changed.

Learning as fast as your daughter en enjoying it as much as you do .... I take the challenge! :-)

Congratulations!

The IPS Zero is also my very first Unicycle :)  I bought it here on the forum early November for a good price from a member who had ordered several and had one piece left. 

Learning it is more difficult than I imagined it would be but hang in there!  Once you get it, it will be an addiction.  You just have to get on it :D  It's still by far my best purchase this year. 

8 hours ago, Supersmi said:

@Chanfan, glad to hear you enjoy you IPS Zero. I 'm also from Belgium and you're the first one I hear that also has a UEC. Do you see them often in our streets? 

I think there are several Belgians here lol.  I've seen them in the topic about regulations in the different EU countries.

I already knew what EUC were but when I saw someone riding it in Brussels I just wanted one for myself.  My colleagues saw some people riding EUC in Brussels.  I don't think they are really popular yet but there are more and more people interested in one. 

I myself don't go out in the streets yet.  The main reason why I wanted one was because when I arrive a little late in the morning there is no parking spot near my public transport.  So I have to park several kilometers away.  So instead of walking for ten minutes I would use my unicycle.  So far I didn't have to use it yet for that particular reason. 

Now I have a week off and everyday I go riding in the forest and having a little bit more than 50km on my counter.  The addiction is too high :D That's also where I learned to ride my IPS Zero.  Not the most ideal place to learn it on a bumpy path but I just wanted no one  to see me fail :P 

I don't own a bike so with my Zero I discovered some nice forest paths and bike lines near my village I didn't even know existed lol 

@Supersmi

I'm from Belgium too. I started the thread on regulations in the different EU countries, it seems Belgium is not so bad to ride an EUC (so far...).

I didn't order one in China so far as it was not clear to me if I was going to be charged 21% VAT.

Could you let us know how much you eventually paid for it. Good luck.

@Jurgen

I'm still waiting for my package to arrive. Till now I paid 770 USD and they assured me this will cover everything. 

Not sure how they can say that now knowing if the package will be stopped by customs or not .... I don't know how our customs operate (who does? :-) )

Anyway, where are you located Jurgen and where did you purchase your previous wheels?

located in Mechelen, bought mine at monowiel.be. But they sell IPS Zero at 950Euro...

Friendly people selling out of their garage/webshop, but they don't tell customers the whole story they just want to sell, and I have the impression it's all still rather new to them.

My IPS Lhotz doesn't turn as well in one direction as in the other, they could not tell me what could be wrong and are waiting for a reply from IPS already several weeks ago.

I'm abroad now and by the time I'm back they'll be on vacation. So they said they would check out the EUC if I bring it in January.

I'm waiting to see how my waranty case is handled by them, before I recommend them to anyone. I'm curious to hear how much you'll pay in the end because 950Euro is a lot for the IPS Zero (that's what I've paid for the Lhotz, which is a lot more expensive in China).

On 13 December 2015 at 7:34 PM, Jurgen said:

located in Mechelen, bought mine at monowiel.be. But they sell IPS Zero at 950Euro...

Friendly people selling out of their garage/webshop, but they don't tell customers the whole story they just want to sell, and I have the impression it's all still rather new to them.

My IPS Lhotz doesn't turn as well in one direction as in the other, they could not tell me what could be wrong and are waiting for a reply from IPS already several weeks ago.

I'm abroad now and by the time I'm back they'll be on vacation. So they said they would check out the EUC if I bring it in January.

I'm waiting to see how my waranty case is handled by them, before I recommend them to anyone. I'm curious to hear how much you'll pay in the end because 950Euro is a lot for the IPS Zero (that's what I've paid for the Lhotz, which is a lot more expensive in China).

Hi Juergen, was your turning problem something you found straight out of the box? What happens when you turn? Does it seem software or hardware based?

Im receiving my Lhotz tomorrow from iamips in China. 

Today I received news from iamips telling that the forwarder told them the package has been rejected by the custom and have been returned to China. 

Also that all products on amazon have been removed because they're thinking our products as "hoverboard". 

It seem to be very difficult to ship such items nowadays.

They gave me the option to get a refund or let them find another solution via another forwarder.

I choose the last option (wisely I hope).

I guess i'm in for another few weeks of waiting :(

19 hours ago, Paddylaz said:

Hi Juergen, was your turning problem something you found straight out of the box? What happens when you turn? Does it seem software or hardware based?

Im receiving my Lhotz tomorrow from iamips in China. 

difficult to say, in the beginning you struggle with the device, positioning of feet etc, it takes a while before you can do circles. I always had the impression that some moments it was easier to ride than others.

I've come to realise doing 8's that the turning circle is not the same left or right, but I have a bad knee so I didn't think too much about the wheel, until I rode with the other end forward and started testing and doing circles and 8's to point where the pedals start scraping the ground. Then the difference is quite noticable.

After several months of practice, I can now also feel that when riding it in a traight linet there's a difference in resistence between the pedals.

2 hours ago, Jurgen said:

difficult to say, in the beginning you struggle with the device, positioning of feet etc, it takes a while before you can do circles. I always had the impression that some moments it was easier to ride than others.

I've come to realise doing 8's that the turning circle is not the same left or right, but I have a bad knee so I didn't think too much about the wheel, until I rode with the other end forward and started testing and doing circles and 8's to point where the pedals start scraping the ground. Then the difference is quite noticable.

After several months of practice, I can now also feel that when riding it in a traight linet there's a difference in resistence between the pedals.

Did you do a calibration? If not, then do the horizontal alignment and see if it does the same problem but normally it will be solved.

3 hours ago, Supersmi said:

Today I received news from iamips telling that the forwarder told them the package has been rejected by the custom and have been returned to China. 

Also that all products on amazon have been removed because they're thinking our products as "hoverboard". 

It seem to be very difficult to ship such items nowadays.

They gave me the option to get a refund or let them find another solution via another forwarder.

I choose the last option (wisely I hope).

I guess i'm in for another few weeks of waiting :(

My Kahuna was stuck in Hong Kong for more than a month and a replacement unit had to be sent to me by the supplier. The original unit was eventually returned back to China.

Shipment History
Activity
Kowloon Office, Hong Kong
12/7/2015 6:45:00 PM
Returned to Shipper
11/23/2015 3:23:00 PM
On Hold
10/26/2015 10:26:00 AM
Received at Origin Facility
Hong Kong, Hong Kong
10/21/2015 1:58:00 PM
Data received.
Hong Kong, Hong Kong
10/21/2015 1:58:00 PM
Record Created

3 hours ago, SlowMo said:

My Kahuna was stuck in Hong Kong for more than a month and a replacement unit had to be sent to me by the supplier. The original unit was eventually returned back to China.

I gave green light to work through another forwarder and still hope to get it by the end of the month/year. Fingers crossed. The thing that bothers me is that I don't have any overview on what happens between China and our border. It's only after that that the tracking number from UPS has any use

Archived