Kingsong S18 Tire Discussion

Steef Klonoa

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

that tire looks decent and no it's not a jiluer tire no matter what jason told u. they say jiluer on the side.

idk how jason could be so wrong when he sells the tire.

that's why i told u u were nuts when u said u were getting the jiluer tire. <snip>

Here's the source of the J-863 mistake:

On 2/3/23 15:30, eWheel Sales wrote:
Greetings All, 

If you're still interested in the [now] S22 PRO, here's the current update: we've just received the latest 4KW motors & KS slider-kits to upgrade the Wheels to the latest PRO spec—these machines also have the high-powered Samsung 40T battery packs installed for improved power, faster charging & of course safety! 

The trouble we're currently running into is that these KS sliders are not machined to perfect tolerances. An interim solution is to install 4x rollers per slider, which functions pretty well for now.

Rather than waiting interminably for KS to get their act together, we've just placed a bulk order of the improved 3rd party Hou kits, CNC using 7075 alloy & POM high-durability rollers—these are going to be about a month out. 

If you wish, we can ship out your S22 next week, with the current KS slider-kit in the 4x4 configuration & the improved Hou slider kits will be shipped out later, for free. You also have the choice of either the J-863 street (see image below), or default knobby tire pre-installed prior to shipping.

Have a great weekend,

The eWheels Team

eWheels_J863_3Mar23.jpeg

I love my S22 Pro - it's a great complement to my MCM5v2 and Z10. Since my MCM has been out of commission for 6 weeks due to being rear-ended by an electric scooter, I ride the S22 all the time. It's an easy wheel to love once you get used to it. I dropped to a 600lb spring, and the suspension is almost perfect. I'll probbably try a 500-550 next.

As for the components, I haven't dismantled it yet and have no insights to share, but will do so over the holidays after my MCM5 is rolling again.

• Thanks 1

great, i'm glad u love it. i'm gonna open mine up and put on a michelin pilot street 2, came in today.

i figure before i blow $4200 on a smaller wheel than my v13's which i can't imagine a wheel getting any better. mind u, if i lived in mountainous or real hilly country, i probably wouldn't ride a wheel at all, but haha, in flat florida, u can almost fall asleep riding, 

i'd see how i felt about my s22. with the pedals moved forward and down, even with the stock knobby at max pressure, it's pretty damn zippy. the michelin will make it faster and more fun. 

if i could score a "pro" motor, is it plug and play? do i have to buy other components, controller, because as i type, if i could get one cheap, that sure would speed up the tire change. 

is the pro motor upgrade worth it?

haha, not laughing, no i'm lying, i'm laughing, rear ended by a scooter. two girls killed an old woman in st pete. they'll ruin it for everybody, why i'm building the first ever pev city and i make the laws. Bob can enforce them. i hope u weren't injured. humans are just dangerous. best to avoid them.

oh yeah, scumbags cut my interstate fence in a dozen places last night so the sheriff called this morning. 

after these rains stop, since i'm pretty sure the contracts will be done by then, and i don't even care, i'm just signing, then i'm hooking up my rotortiller to my big tractor and start blazing wheel trails thru my jungle. gotta do it. that's always been the plan, the wheels just weren't good enough until the v13. 

• Like 1

On 11/15/2023 at 4:28 PM, novazeus said:

great, i'm glad u love it. i'm gonna open mine up and put on a michelin pilot street 2, came in today.

What size did you get? Are you going tubeless? That is my plan. I have the same tire 90/90-14 as well as the Pirelli Angel 80/80-14. The Michelin is much larger as one would expect. Since you are installing the Michelin I'll do the Pirelli next, so we can compare notes in a few months. 

if i could score a "pro" motor, is it plug and play? do i have to buy other components, controller, because as i type, if i could get one cheap, that sure would speed up the tire change.  is the pro motor upgrade worth it?

Wish I could speak from experience, but I never rode the original S22. Most of the reviewers say the Pro motor is an upgrade, but probably not worth the expense and trouble if you're happy with the original, and it has been pinned. I asked eWheels many times before buying the S22 Pro whether the mainboard had been changed/upgraded, but they said "no."

haha, not laughing, no i'm lying, i'm laughing, rear ended by a scooter. two girls killed an old woman in st pete. they'll ruin it for everybody, why i'm building the first ever pev city and i make the laws. Bob can enforce them. i hope u weren't injured. humans are just dangerous. best to avoid them.

Glad you like that story. I was laughing, too, until I saw the damage to my MCM and limped home with the inner shell scraping the motor. The MCM5's plastic housing is crap, so I wasn't too surprised. It's an awesome little wheel, otherwise. No injuries to me, though the scooter rider (GF) sustained some pretty good scrapes and bruised ribs. Glad she rammed into me and did not (get) T-bone(d by) a car/truck. I was waiting to cross the stroad with heavy traffic, and she confused the throttle with the brake. The scooter is a new Segway G2 Max that I bought for her to ride when she comes to visit. I still hope to teach her to ride the Ninebot E+.

after these rains stop, since i'm pretty sure the contracts will be done by then, and i don't even care, i'm just signing, then i'm hooking up my rotortiller to my big tractor and start blazing wheel trails thru my jungle. gotta do it. that's always been the plan, the wheels just weren't good enough until the v13. 

I'm avidly following the planning and development of your wheel ranch.

On 11/14/2023 at 11:43 PM, novazeus said:

can't read it. how are u liking ur s22 pro? should i bother replacing the ball bearing sliders or do they not last?

I actually pasted the text into my post where eWheels clearly refers to the Eakia tire as the J-863 just above the screengrab.

I plan to inspect, clean, replace as needed, and lube my rollers when I change the tire, hopefully, mid-December. I planned ahead and purchased a set of replacement bearings when I bought the wheel early this year. I suggest you do the same when you replace the tire.

Edited by litewave

the michelin tires i bought for the s22 and s18 are the 80/90-14. michelin pilot street 2. same as i'm running on the v13 which works way better on grass than the knobbys. and yes, planning on running tubeless. if the tire change goes smoothly, i'll change out all the knobbys for the michelin tire. zero need for a knobby. mountain trails are hundreds of miles away. knobbys would be good on dirt tracks. terrible on grass. once the cows eat it down, the knobbys will be fine, because they can touch earth instead of the grass.

my understanding is the first number is the width. so idk about a 90. wider in the pastures makes riding more squirrelly.

which is good because the removable screws are on it. so it will be the pasture wheel. the knobbys work fine on pavement except picking up acorns.

i picked up a pro motor from aliens for $100. so the michelin will go on that. 

i'll do the tire, the motor, the ball bearing sliders and i have some graphite spray i'm gonna use on the rails. 

are u replacing motor bearings? my s22 has seen such light duty, i'd be surprised anything is wore out.

signed a contract friday for $10mil for about 10 usable acres, gross  12 acres but it's my nw corner and they are gonna have to take some oak trees in their site. not removing them, but can't build where they are. 

so that frees me up to do the euc thing. if inmotion was clever, they'd send a v13 to keanu reeves. he loves motorcyles and we know he'd love a wheel like the v13. 

working on pedal extensions. next one will be easier.definitely feels great. 

B04586EA-E1CB-4D09-8EA8-5B16F29E7BDF.thumb.jpeg.5095d5626560f2388b4985a97ae45474.jpeg

82841A1C-1FAA-40A4-834F-33044073917E.thumb.jpeg.f4bfb7e1cd39458974bcfd4dd9a74fb7.jpeg 

5E196171-5E5E-4148-A1B4-64047E733302.jpeg

Edited by novazeus

15 hours ago, novazeus said:

>> my understanding is the first number is the width. so idk about a 90. wider in the pastures makes riding more squirrelly.

Yeah, it's going to be a tight fit for the 90/90-14 when I install it, but iirc a few others have been successful.

>> i picked up a pro motor from aliens for $100. so the michelin will go on that. 

Good deal. 

>> i'll do the tire, the motor, the ball bearing sliders and i have some graphite spray i'm gonna use on the rails. 

Good idea. This is what I use:

image.png.e140b9668c9b6ae5aad89a9abce542c5.png

>>are u replacing motor bearings? my s22 has seen such light duty, i'd be surprised anything is wore out.

eWheels replaced my bearings when they set my wheel up. I'm not expecting any issues at just 1200 km.

>> so that frees me up to do the euc thing. if inmotion was clever, they'd send a v13 to keanu reeves. he loves motorcyles and we know he'd love a wheel like the v13.

Agreed. Maybe @Jason McNeil would be willing to reach out to Keanu and offer him a new wheel in exchange for a celebrity endorsement?

Or, do you have a connection? 

image.png

Edited by litewave

3 hours ago, litewave said:

Or, do you have a connection? 

not yet, working on it. talking to inmotion as well. now that i’m not dealing with contracts, ugh!

but the good news is, all this grunt work i did on these contracts with these attys, i mean one of mine is a harvard grad, so selling raw land sb a piece of cake, haha, it isn’t, but i have now a perfect boilerplate for the remaining 313 acres, if i choose to sell more. i know i have buyers, but for now, while it goes thru the mpud zoning process, which my apt developer does, not me, a year maybe.

i’ll start on my little wheel ranch idea to help kick off pev’s here.

btw my apt developer is from california, moved here, to clearwater. rides an e-bike, gonna get him on an wheel soon, i’m persistent. plus i know he won’t get hurt.

but he’s the guy that builds apts snd he just sent me this:

https://nypost.com/2023/11/19/opinion/when-will-nyc-do-something-about-the-staggering-number-of-e-bike-fire-deaths/

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Not on wet grass it doesn't

2023-10-27-130818232.jpg

i believe that is more akin to tundra than wet grass, but the street tire will do better if there's actual dirt instead of mud the grass is in. i've been evaluating hard because of the incoming lynx. but i'm going street no matter what because it will be tubeless last i heard.

and no, i haven't tried mud grass like urs. i'd know the outcome. same as sugar sand in my gate openings. only tire that would work is like u see on the hobie cat dollies at the beach. i walk my v13's thru the gate openings. i try to avoid falling as much as possible.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...