Veteran-compatible accessories

who_the

On 9/29/2020 at 2:24 PM, Violinfun said:

Nice, I wonder if there is a splitter to create two 3.5mm ports so you don't have to give up the headlight or brake light?

Are you able to charged through these?

Are you able to charged through these?

On 7/7/2020 at 8:17 AM, Shield said:

Might not be a bad idea to place one of these (hidden) somewhere in the housing just in case your wheel gets stolen. Small investment for some peace of mind.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07W87124X/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_x_lKgbFb7Y7RBSM

61lm+sJLp9L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I have to comment on this because I feel that these Tile devices are seriously misrepresented as an anti-theft device. The only way that they'll possibly work as such is if someone is standing near your stolen wheel and has the Tile app running. The odds of this are astronomically NOT in your favour. And if successful, even then you'll only get last known location. Tile was designed to find your misplaced keys or remote, not as an anti-theft device. My personal opinion is that you'll be wasting your money and giving yourself "peace of mind" that's going to fail you. I think that you'd have better luck searching eBay/craigslist/etc for someone reselling your stolen wheel.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, r_713 said:

I have to comment on this because I feel that these Tile devices are seriously misrepresented as an anti-theft device. The only way that they'll possibly work as such is if someone is standing near your stolen wheel and has the Tile app running. The odds of this are astronomically NOT in your favour. And if successful, even then you'll only get last known location. Tile was designed to find your misplaced keys or remote, not as an anti-theft device. My personal opinion is that you'll be wasting your money and giving yourself "peace of mind" that's going to fail you. I think that you'd have better luck searching eBay/craigslist/etc for someone reselling your stolen wheel.

You have a point. Unfortunately I didn't realize this until after I purchased it, but good point and looking out for the EUC community. Perhaps I should just toss a Raspberry Pi Zero W with a small power supply hidden tucked away that is always calling out on the nearest open WiFi for me to connect to remotely. I can always just remotely open Google Maps in a browser to see where Nyx is.

Edited by The Dude

You could enable the transportation lock mode if you have a model that enables that as a low level layer of security against theft from thieves capable of riding an euc.. If nothing else it could buy you time to notice them fiddling around with your wheel... Otherwise get a chain lock or don't leave ur euc

• Like 2

3 hours ago, xiiijojjo said:

You could enable the transportation lock mode if you have a model that enables that as a low level layer of security against theft from thieves capable of riding an euc.. If nothing else it could buy you time to notice them fiddling around with your wheel... Otherwise get a chain lock or don't leave ur euc

I like the way you're thinking amigo. I already have.

71FPu3YrDnL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2020 at 7:19 PM, Esbu said:

Light with USB ports has 4 wires.

Angel eyed light delivered yesterday to me, but the value of the light power on the box is different from the value on the website (20W).

image.thumb.png.3eedbf681656cce8512fc849e07f1a3a.png

👋 Esbu, how did these work out for you? Are they bright enough for off road at night?

On 10/25/2020 at 5:48 PM, The Dude said:

You have a point. Unfortunately I didn't realize this until after I purchased it, but good point and looking out for the EUC community. Perhaps I should just toss a Raspberry Pi Zero W with a small power supply hidden tucked away that is always calling out on the nearest open WiFi for me to connect to remotely. I can always just remotely open Google Maps in a browser to see where Nyx is.

There are tiny IoT devices now which are far more capable than a tile. Example is the Vodafone V-multi tracker. Other similar devices available worldwide of course. 

• Like 1

Has anyone had any success finding a bright and good tail light for the Sherman? I saw a DIY one earlier in this thread but I don’t want to 3D print, or have a rainbow effect. I’m only really after a good bright tail light now it is dark all the time here. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dominic Winsor said:

Has anyone had any success finding a bright and good tail light for the Sherman? I saw a DIY one earlier in this thread but I don’t want to 3D print, or have a rainbow effect. I’m only really after a good bright tail light now it is dark all the time here. 

You're not going to find anything that's off the shelf for a Sherman taillight , it's a 5V pixel array. So far the setup I made is the only one I've seen so far that uses and expands on the automatic rear brake light and turn signal functions.  If you don't want to make anything then a good set of rechargeable blinky  clip on bicycle lights should do the trick

• Like 1

On 10/11/2020 at 4:25 PM, The Dude said:

I just received and assembled these roll cage/shell protectors for when my Sherman arrives tomorrow. =)
Clamps
Protectors

Example image of my 8 rollers/sliders.

You will need to obtain shorter 10mm screws than the ones included for the protectors if you don't want the metal ends protruding, or to order these cap covers.. Short of that, Bob's your boy.

Did four of these work out for you? 

On 6/29/2020 at 7:27 PM, Esbu said:

Although my Sherman had not been delivered yet, I ordered another front light :rolleyes:

image.png.ed413796d44df9b39aba8cac96f2372e.png

And for safer riding want to add two lasers - tail laser connect to rear light and front laser connect to speaker for speed alarm "light beeps".

Two of these arrived for me today - just waiting on the jack connectors. I wonder how bright they will be compared to the OEM unit...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, HippoPig said:

Help?

can I just buy an e bike light and take power from the board somewhere?

Like this This or This (compatibility advice for second Url

Thank you in advance.

I don't see why you couldn't use the second light since it runs on 6-12v DC. The first one listed requires 24-60v DC the Sherman only puts out 12v.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Yes. 4 on and 4 spare. 2 on the front roll cage at an angle and the same with the 2 rear.

I'd like to see that. Those things look beastly. Have you given them a try yet? I put simple balls on the front of mine. Its merely for a 'kickstand' and Im still curious what those impact points would do. Kind of a tossup, does the single impact point mitigate damage, or cause more? I'm still a little concerned about what my little 'sliders' would do to body parts, should I meet them at the wrong end. Its quite amazing how me NOT having to lift the sherm off/on the stand, makes it more likely I'll just grab it for a ride on a whim. Cnat get much easier than just rolling it off its nose. Makes a decent charge stance and easy access to tire valve too. Unfortuantely, its a narrow stance so it can fall over if not on flat hard ground. Only solution is to widen the stance, but then the horns would be more at risk of meeting my shins.

Pics man, I wanna see the pics!

ShermStands.jpg

shermstands2.jpg

Edited by ShanesPlanet

I’ve installed those AliExpress lights today. I went for the square shaped ones with the halo light.

I can’t add the images and video here as the file sizes are too large, but I made a post showing them in action in my local forest this evening on my Instagram.

I’m impressed. I think the ideal would be a combo with a spot beam together with this flood.

Installation for me was:

- determine the wiring of the connector and wires

- solder the 3.5mm jack plugs on to the wires

-  test them

- make a bracket from some flat steel bar. I made a C shaped piece to fit between the original lugs, and drilled a hole in each tab so it can be bolted through. I also drilled a hole in the centre to attach a longer flat bar which itself had two holes to attach the lights. Worked ok. 

given how cheap these are, a fun project. I want to try the dual spot light setup next, but I also really like having a daytime running light. 

• Like 2

On 11/16/2020 at 6:29 PM, ShanesPlanet said:

I'd like to see that. Those things look beastly. Have you given them a try yet?

I like your ball method for a kickstand! Really neat. What did you use for that? 

I just bought four of the sliders and get my Veteran in a week or so. I can post some photos when I put them on. 

The Veteran is actually going to be my first wheel so I wanted a way to protect it but for my first few days of learning I might also wrap it in a yoga mat I bought... pretty noob looking but I can eventually take it off. I just don’t want to get it all banged up. 

I have similarly thought that the sliders could possibly increase the damage rather than decrease depending on the angle of impact and the angle of sliders. I am thinking if I deep them at an angle as close to that of the wheel as possible (if you were to draw a line straight through the front to the rear) rather than at a 90 degree angle straight out from the wheel, it should enable it to land and slide in a more natural manner.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2020 at 4:25 PM, The Dude said:

I just received and assembled these roll cage/shell protectors for when my Sherman arrives tomorrow. =)
Clamps
Protectors

Example image of my 8 rollers/sliders.

You will need to obtain shorter 10mm screws than the ones included for the protectors if you don't want the metal ends protruding, or to order these cap covers.. Short of that, Bob's your boy.

Hey Dude! I just got these in the mail and am curious is you just omitted the metal portions? Yet it seems with out them they won’t work? How did you put yours on? When I place the 10mm bolt into the slider it barely comes out the other end...

I've posted a set of nice lights on this other topic, and some detailed info about them. They work really well, and I think for me an improvement over the stock lights which are very tightly focussed spot with little spill. I wanted a good spread in addition to the far sight — a combo that gives early warning of potholes down below, and low-hanging trees above as well as plenty of time to plan ahead at speed. I was never a fan of the strobe lights. As you'll see in that post, I also made a dumb-ass mistake but it isn't the end of the world. 

• 1 month later...