Veteran-compatible accessories

who_the

Looking into some windshield / fairing options for the Sherman, and although nothing exists as yet, this may be the closest thing since it’s adapted from the motorcycle world. The clamps fit 7/8 to 1 1/4 which will fit on the Sherman rails. How to securely attach will be something that’ll need to be figured out.

National Cycle N25014 Street Shield.

Might be extremely useful for seated long distance riding. I figure at high speed cruising seated, you could extend range by 10%. Not to mention it’ll be more comfortable not being buffeted by the wind, and good for bug, road debris and rain protection as well.

3213916A-799D-4E1C-94C4-BA444755F6FF.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

For audio, I found the Bose Micro Soundlink works well attached to the front hand rail. The strap is stretchy enough to securely fasten. You no longer have to be wearing a backpack to carry the Bose with you, and your full face helmet chin guard doesn't hit the Bose when you are looking down. The audio is loud enough at speeds up to 35mph. Audio controls on the Bose means you don't have to whip out your phone to skip tracks or adjust volume. Siri integration, Google maps readout and speed alarms when paired with DarknessBot.

Overall, a win.

71JuCFTQTKL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Like 2

On 9/13/2020 at 7:41 PM, Mango said:

For audio, I found the Bose Micro Soundlink works well attached to the front hand rail. The strap is stretchy enough to securely fasten. You no longer have to be wearing a backpack to carry the Bose with you, and your full face helmet chin guard doesn't hit the Bose when you are looking down. The audio is loud enough at speeds up to 35mph. Audio controls on the Bose means you don't have to whip out your phone to skip tracks or adjust volume. Siri integration, Google maps readout and speed alarms when paired with DarknessBot.

Overall, a win.

71JuCFTQTKL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I see your Bose and challenge you to try a tribit stormbox micro (for half the price - or used in stereo for the same price).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HippoPig said:

If I’m going to try seated riding more it should be comfortable, right?

Better than hard foam or plastic.  Plus the added height.  It's a race to see if this or my Sherman arrive first.  Coming from the motorcycle world, this is the only thing on the market that looks like a real seat to me.

• Like 3

Just received my official seat if I can call it that. The angular look fits the Sherman well, height and thickness is fine. It’s quite slippery however, both on the shell and your pants (or anything). I was testing making a U turn and the wheel fell inwards, possibly because of the slippery ness.

Else you really need a fairly smooth road to ride seated as your legs can’t do the suspensions much. I suspect I won’t be able to use it much around Paris due to that.

• Like 2

Speaking of accessories, has anyone seen the rear light for sale some where? Mine just won’t light up.. (tried a lot of things, separate thread about that)

Else some 5V tail light? They seem to be mostly 12v :/

2 hours ago, null said:

Speaking of accessories, has anyone seen the rear light for sale some where? Mine just won’t light up.. (tried a lot of things, separate thread about that)

Else some 5V tail light? They seem to be mostly 12v :/

I haven't forgotten about your taillight,  I'll have time this weekend finally to map it out and possibly have a way for you to check yours out  :thumbup: 

Edited by Willy510
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just received and assembled these roll cage/shell protectors for when my Sherman arrives tomorrow. =)
Clamps
Protectors

Example image of my 8 rollers/sliders.

You will need to obtain shorter 10mm screws than the ones included for the protectors if you don't want the metal ends protruding, or to order these cap covers.. Short of that, Bob's your boy.

Edited by The Dude
Clarification

Just wanted to throw this out there for anyone looking for replacement charge port caps. The 'screw on' type do have a rubber seal inside to keep the moisture out. Plus when you screw it down it butts up against the back ring so it's almost like dual protection. I got these on Ali but you can find them on eBay as well.

thmbnail.jpg

thumbail.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Shield said:

ust wanted to throw this out there for anyone looking for replacement charge port caps. The 'screw on' type do have a rubber seal inside to keep the moisture out. Plus when you screw it down it butts up against the back ring so it's almost like dual protection. I got these on Ali but you can find them on eBay as well.

do you have links for these? thanks