who_the

Veteran-compatible accessories

Starting a thread for accessories, mostly lighting but also others, compatible with the front and rear plugs and/or mounts for the Veteran Sherman. 

Before I add any accessories I will say it's a tad disappointing the Sherm doesn't have at least one USB, or, even better, USB-C port to power accessories and/or charging. A single or dual USB or USB-C port would be a nice upgrade.

Agreed, I don’t want a ton of gadgets but USB charger is nice for when the phone goes empty from running GPS and you’re far out in the wilderness.

Anything that can support 12V within its operating range and a horizontal mount can be made to work with the Sherman.  Also, there are literally NO headlights/taillights that come with an L-shaped 3.5mm jack as standard issue (aside from Veteran factory replacements) so you will undoubtedly be soldering your own connections.  It looks to be pretty straightforward though, positive, negative, switch, for the 3 poles.

Although my Sherman had not been delivered yet, I ordered another front light :rolleyes:

image.png.ed413796d44df9b39aba8cac96f2372e.png

And for safer riding want to add two lasers - tail laser connect to rear light and front laser connect to speaker for speed alarm "light beeps".

24 minutes ago, Esbu said:

Although my Sherman had not been delivered yet, I ordered another front light :rolleyes:

And for safer riding want to add two lasers - tail laser connect to rear light and front laser connect to speaker for speed alarm "light beeps".

Excited to see what you come up with! 

9 hours ago, Esbu said:

Very nice! I ordered the slightly larger 5" version of this light.

I may go with this light when my Veteran gets delivered. There are truly many possibilities with this modular system.

F76CBC87-3D4E-4224-BB57-66772E4305F1.jpeg

22BF97B0-B393-4198-93F1-0A87E8C27D40.jpeg

4 hours ago, Mango said:

22BF97B0-B393-4198-93F1-0A87E8C27D40.jpeg

200mm - I think it is wider than Sherman body.

Crash bar protection for the Sherman.

These can be put on the sides, and maybe the top to give a little more clearance for the LCD in the event of a roll.

Sold on Aliexpress.

MOTOWOLF.thumb.jpg.7e4dd0f8801a4928ee8f63d3269af772.jpg

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Crash bar protection for the Sherman.

These can be put on the sides, and maybe the top to give a little more clearance for the LCD in the event of a roll.

Sold on Aliexpress.

MOTOWOLF.thumb.jpg.7e4dd0f8801a4928ee8f63d3269af772.jpg

I was looking for something similar; flat sided, so the crash bar could function as a stand.