Veteran-compatible accessories

who_the

Agreed, I don’t want a ton of gadgets but USB charger is nice for when the phone goes empty from running GPS and you’re far out in the wilderness.

• Like 2

Anything that can support 12V within its operating range and a horizontal mount can be made to work with the Sherman.  Also, there are literally NO headlights/taillights that come with an L-shaped 3.5mm jack as standard issue (aside from Veteran factory replacements) so you will undoubtedly be soldering your own connections.  It looks to be pretty straightforward though, positive, negative, switch, for the 3 poles.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Esbu said:

Although my Sherman had not been delivered yet, I ordered another front light :rolleyes:

image.png.ed413796d44df9b39aba8cac96f2372e.png

And for safer riding want to add two lasers - tail laser connect to rear light and front laser connect to speaker for speed alarm "light beeps".

Excited to see what you come up with! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Esbu said:

Although my Sherman had not been delivered yet, I ordered another front light :rolleyes:

And for safer riding want to add two lasers - tail laser connect to rear light and front laser connect to speaker for speed alarm "light beeps".

Very nice! I ordered the slightly larger 5" version of this light.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Crash bar protection for the Sherman.

These can be put on the sides, and maybe the top to give a little more clearance for the LCD in the event of a roll.

Sold on Aliexpress.

MOTOWOLF.thumb.jpg.7e4dd0f8801a4928ee8f63d3269af772.jpg

I was looking for something similar; flat sided, so the crash bar could function as a stand.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2020 at 2:27 PM, Esbu said:

I'll be looking at something for mine too. Having blue lights is a definite NO-NO for me. USA law is very explicit on this and I definitely DO NOT need to give the officers any excuse to pull me over. Even if there's no laws on the books about an euc in my town, there still the ability for leo to enforce lighting and speed law, regardless of the vehicle type. I may try to open the headlight and unsolder the blue leds. Blue, and front facing red... not a good plan imho.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

blue lights is a definite NO-NO for me

When I noticed Shereman's front light contains blue leds, I started find other light with the same reason. I do not want to look like one wheeled police patrol. Instead blue leds has "led frame" called "angel eye" for daily lighting which is much better for me. This light has 20W power (Inmotion's V11 "car grade" has 18W).  I searched for light with three wires (3pin jack connector), with three modes: light1, light2, together. Hope it will work.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Shield said:

the same light just slightly larger. I believe there will be ample space for it.

This one was in my target too, but I decided for smaller due to dimensions. I like challenge to find operational accessories behind keyboard especially when I never saw Sherman on my own :lol:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Its not fair to blind ME, just because YOU want to see better.

Leds change instead tungsten bulb is very popular. I was surprised months ago, I was blinded in my car by a tram. Why tram need more light than before while whole night city is enlightened? I understand leds are cheaper, but there is need to care about change in power, luminous flux, etc.

Edited by Esbu

Might not be a bad idea to place one of these (hidden) somewhere in the housing just in case your wheel gets stolen. Small investment for some peace of mind.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07W87124X/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_x_lKgbFb7Y7RBSM

61lm+sJLp9L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Edited by Shield
  • Like 2

RollNZ bodyguard? @The Fat Unicyclist (mten too :P).  I can definitely see how a 3d printer is going to steal my life away on this sherman. I foresee bar holders for every damn thing! Shouldnt be too long before some nerd figures out how to add an amazing oled screen, along with a lazer light show...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Michael D said:

Where to find a 10 amp charger for Sherman?

I just purchased next 5A charger. I think, it is recommended to charge Sherman using both ports 2x 5A, not 10A through one port.

Single 10 amp charger with 2 ports would be an essential piece of equipment for long distance Sherman riders. I would not want to carry two chargers with me and having to look for two nearby open electrical sockets. Someone, make it happen!

• Like 2